GTX 580 SLI
Hi guys

I have a Zotac GTX580 AMP! (factory overclocked), and although its a great card, im looking to get another GTX580.
Im unsure what card to get though. Would i have to get another Zotac AMP! to get it to work well, or can i get a standard, lets say EGVA card and use that for SLI?
The AMP! edition isn't around much in decent stores in the UK, and thus its a tad pricier than the other cards.

Cheers
Hi guys

I have a Zotac GTX580 AMP! (factory overclocked), and although its a great card, im looking to get another GTX580.

Im unsure what card to get though. Would i have to get another Zotac AMP! to get it to work well, or can i get a standard, lets say EGVA card and use that for SLI?

The AMP! edition isn't around much in decent stores in the UK, and thus its a tad pricier than the other cards.

Cheers

Posted 04/06/2012 05:52 PM   
The brand does not matter at all...but

The vram must be the same or sli well not work, so if one has 3GB vram the other must too....also if one card is overclocked and the other is not the sli well default to lower clock speed of lowest card.

If you look in the forum under sli basics the main post well tell you all about sli and whats needed for a good match

The vram must be the same or sli well not work, so if one has 3GB vram the other must too....also if one card is overclocked and the other is not the sli well default to lower clock speed of lowest card.

If you look in the forum under sli basics the main post well tell you all about sli and whats needed for a good match

Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case

ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3

i7-2600k @ 4.4 GHz

Corsair H60 in Push/Pull

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24

2 Zotac GTX 580s in SLI

Crucial M4 128GB SSD for OS

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM HDD

PSU Corsair HX 1050W

Windows 7 64-Bit Home Premium

Monitor Dell UltraSharp U2410 (1920x1200)

Posted 04/06/2012 06:15 PM   
[quote name='MontyQ' date='06 April 2012 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1333736135' post='1392748']

[/quote]

OK cheers. Yeah i was planning on a 1.5GB card, not a 3GB card.
SO clock speeds really don't make a difference. OK. Considering one of the cheapest cards around for me is a EGVA SC card, it shouldn't have any problems with the AMP! ???

Is there anything i need to do to set up SLI apart from just plugging them in and using the SLI bridge adapter?
[quote name='MontyQ' date='06 April 2012 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1333736135' post='1392748']

SO clock speeds really don't make a difference. OK. Considering one of the cheapest cards around for me is a EGVA SC card, it shouldn't have any problems with the AMP! ???

Is there anything i need to do to set up SLI apart from just plugging them in and using the SLI bridge adapter?

Posted 04/10/2012 04:49 PM   
[quote name='Tariq182' date='10 April 2012 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1334076575' post='1394332']

[/quote]

Just make sure you have enough power/amps to handle the 2 cards. GTX580's use a good amount. Also make sure you have sufficient cooling in your case to account for the increased heat you'll be putting out.
[quote name='Tariq182' date='10 April 2012 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1334076575' post='1394332']

Just make sure you have enough power/amps to handle the 2 cards. GTX580's use a good amount. Also make sure you have sufficient cooling in your case to account for the increased heat you'll be putting out.

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 980X 6-core Extreme CPU
12GB Supertalent DDR3 1333
2x128GB Corsair SSD Raid 0 Array
1.5TB Seagate
500GB WD Caviar
ASUS P6T 3-way SLI Motherboard, x58 Skt 1366
EVGA GTX680 SC + Galaxy GTX680 in SLI
Corsair TX850 PSU
ThermalTake V9 Black Widow mid