Need some help - 560 Ti Need to know if I can do it like this
I am wanting to have a triple screen setup for my games. I want to have all 3 monitors rendering the game with the 2 side monitors doing the peripheral vision.
Like this setup here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7bppAvHipM

I currently have 1 MSI GTX 560-Ti Twin Frozor II. Which has 1 mini-HDMI port and 2 DVI ports.
From what I can work out on website, I will require a 2nd 560-Ti in SLI.

Is that true?

Next is monitors.
Do I need to be looking for any specific feature, or will any monitor do?
Also, is it recomended to use x3 of the same monitor if possible?

Next, cables & adaptors. Will I need any specific cables or adapters? Or can I simply use 2 DVI cables and 1 HDMI cable? (I currently use 1 HDMI to mini-HDMI cable for my single monitor setup)

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.
Thanks,

Maddo03
I am wanting to have a triple screen setup for my games. I want to have all 3 monitors rendering the game with the 2 side monitors doing the peripheral vision.

Like this setup here:

/>

I currently have 1 MSI GTX 560-Ti Twin Frozor II. Which has 1 mini-HDMI port and 2 DVI ports.

From what I can work out on website, I will require a 2nd 560-Ti in SLI.

Is that true?

Next is monitors.

Do I need to be looking for any specific feature, or will any monitor do?

Also, is it recomended to use x3 of the same monitor if possible?

Next, cables & adaptors. Will I need any specific cables or adapters? Or can I simply use 2 DVI cables and 1 HDMI cable? (I currently use 1 HDMI to mini-HDMI cable for my single monitor setup)

I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,

Maddo03

Posted 04/05/2012 07:36 PM   
Hi and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

- Yes, you need to have 2 graphics cards in SLI, Which requires a SLI supported motherboard.
For more information on SLI, please refer to this link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq

- It is highly recommend but not required that you use 3 identical monitors, if you do not use 3 identical monitors you risk not being able to run in the highest resolution possible.

Display requirements for 2D surround is that each display have a common Resolution/Refresh/Sync Polarity, Sync polarity is rarely called out in the manufacturer information for displays which is why the safest way to go is getting 3 of the same monitor.
Hi and welcome to the forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

- Yes, you need to have 2 graphics cards in SLI, Which requires a SLI supported motherboard.

For more information on SLI, please refer to this link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/sli/faq

- It is highly recommend but not required that you use 3 identical monitors, if you do not use 3 identical monitors you risk not being able to run in the highest resolution possible.

Display requirements for 2D surround is that each display have a common Resolution/Refresh/Sync Polarity, Sync polarity is rarely called out in the manufacturer information for displays which is why the safest way to go is getting 3 of the same monitor.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/11/2012 05:16 PM   
Scroll To Top