GTX 260
My card tend to restart alot during gameplay. Everything stops and screen becomes black, then its start over, and i get a message in the corner saying the card was resetted. I have the latest downloads. any suggestions?
My card tend to restart alot during gameplay. Everything stops and screen becomes black, then its start over, and i get a message in the corner saying the card was resetted. I have the latest downloads. any suggestions?

Posted 04/05/2012 04:59 PM   
[quote name='johyl' date='05 April 2012 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1333645155' post='1392336']
[/quote]

I also have this problem sometimes with my GTX260 and on mine I think temperature is the problem. Mine Idle's at 70 degrees after few hours. I had to increase the fan speed from 40 to 55 and now I have 54.
[quote name='johyl' date='05 April 2012 - 06:59 PM' timestamp='1333645155' post='1392336']

I also have this problem sometimes with my GTX260 and on mine I think temperature is the problem. Mine Idle's at 70 degrees after few hours. I had to increase the fan speed from 40 to 55 and now I have 54.

Posted 04/15/2012 04:47 AM   
It look like we have the same problem:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227526
It look like we have the same problem:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=227526

Posted 04/17/2012 12:44 AM   
I have the exact same problem with my GTX 260, it's been like this for over a year. I've took it to shops, paid money and it came back with the same problem. It's messing with my head because I don't know how to fix it. I'm considering buying a new card/case/cooling system in hope that it fixes it. But I don't want to buy that to find it has the same problem.
I have the exact same problem with my GTX 260, it's been like this for over a year. I've took it to shops, paid money and it came back with the same problem. It's messing with my head because I don't know how to fix it. I'm considering buying a new card/case/cooling system in hope that it fixes it. But I don't want to buy that to find it has the same problem.

Posted 04/19/2012 04:05 AM   
[quote name='D_Reality' date='18 April 2012 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1334808334' post='1398154']
[/quote]

Case cooling is a simple debug, take the doors off and put a window box fan on it ;D
Also install Speedfan and look at all the system temps.

As a last resort, (not familiar with a 260) but aside from a secondary guess that it may be power supply related, which can also be a possibility, sometimes a heatsink reset with some thermal good compound can help out. Sometimes mostly lesser name brands are not set right due to cheap and fast labor.. and good thermal compound can also save 1-3 degrees on its own.
[quote name='D_Reality' date='18 April 2012 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1334808334' post='1398154']

Case cooling is a simple debug, take the doors off and put a window box fan on it ;D

Also install Speedfan and look at all the system temps.

As a last resort, (not familiar with a 260) but aside from a secondary guess that it may be power supply related, which can also be a possibility, sometimes a heatsink reset with some thermal good compound can help out. Sometimes mostly lesser name brands are not set right due to cheap and fast labor.. and good thermal compound can also save 1-3 degrees on its own.

Posted 04/19/2012 04:46 AM   
Scroll To Top