GT555m Colour Profiles Laptop 'forgets' colour profiles
I have an Asus N55SF, with a GT 555M and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 adapter. Having run the windows colour calibration tool to remove a blue tinge to greys on my screen I now find then whenever switching from a fullscreen game, waking from sleep or restarting my laptop that the screen is heavily tinged red. Since this only occurred after using windows colour calibration I removed my custom colour profile and reset it to the standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1. This did not fix the problem.

It is possible to get the normal colours back by either:

[list]
[*]Entering Nvidia control panel and clicking 'Use NVIDIA settings' and then back on 'Other applications control colour settings'
[*]Entering Intel control panel and changing any setting to a non-default value, then back to default.
[*]Entering Windows colour calibration and changing any setting to a non-default value then back to default.
[/list]

The normal colours only remain until I close a fullscreen game, wake from sleep or restart my laptop.
I suspect that the problem is something to do with Intel's control panel interfering with the Nvidia control panel's settings or vice-versa, and as such I have disabled the Intel persistence module (igfxpers.exe); which some report fixes the issue, but for me appears to have had no effect.

This is an extremely frustrating problem and I am wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if there is a known fix for this issue.

[size="3"][b]More info:[/b][/size] [size="1"](Different laptop, different Nvidia card, same problem.)[/size]
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=193694"]Unable to color calibrate my screen because of Optimus (M11x) How can I disable Optimus?[/url]
[url="http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware-m11x/492790-m11xr2-calibrated-lcd-icc-profile.html"]m11xR2 calibrated LCD ICC profile[/url]
I have an Asus N55SF, with a GT 555M and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 adapter. Having run the windows colour calibration tool to remove a blue tinge to greys on my screen I now find then whenever switching from a fullscreen game, waking from sleep or restarting my laptop that the screen is heavily tinged red. Since this only occurred after using windows colour calibration I removed my custom colour profile and reset it to the standard sRGB IEC61966-2.1. This did not fix the problem.

It is possible to get the normal colours back by either:

• Entering Nvidia control panel and clicking 'Use NVIDIA settings' and then back on 'Other applications control colour settings'
  • Entering Intel control panel and changing any setting to a non-default value, then back to default.
  • Entering Windows colour calibration and changing any setting to a non-default value then back to default.

The normal colours only remain until I close a fullscreen game, wake from sleep or restart my laptop.

I suspect that the problem is something to do with Intel's control panel interfering with the Nvidia control panel's settings or vice-versa, and as such I have disabled the Intel persistence module (igfxpers.exe); which some report fixes the issue, but for me appears to have had no effect.

This is an extremely frustrating problem and I am wondering if there's something I'm missing, or if there is a known fix for this issue.

More info: (Different laptop, different Nvidia card, same problem.)

Unable to color calibrate my screen because of Optimus (M11x) How can I disable Optimus?

m11xR2 calibrated LCD ICC profile

Posted 04/05/2012 12:56 PM   
Scroll To Top