quadro 4000 with VGA ? connection help
Can someone please help me connect my secondary monitor...
I have 2 monitors which use VGA cables with VGA to DVI adaptors, I've just purchased a Quadro 4000 and only my primary monitor is displaying, even though the secondary one is detected, and through the Nvidia control panel everything looks fine.
I've had a quick search on the net, and some say that you can't use a displayport/DVI cable with a DVI/VGA adaptor to run a VGA monitor.. Is this correct?
It was also suggested that you can buy a displayport/VGA lead, and my question regarding that is.... Will the quadro 4000 support a VGA monitor connected with a displayport/VGA lead??
Any advice much appreciated..
Can someone please help me connect my secondary monitor...

I have 2 monitors which use VGA cables with VGA to DVI adaptors, I've just purchased a Quadro 4000 and only my primary monitor is displaying, even though the secondary one is detected, and through the Nvidia control panel everything looks fine.

I've had a quick search on the net, and some say that you can't use a displayport/DVI cable with a DVI/VGA adaptor to run a VGA monitor.. Is this correct?

It was also suggested that you can buy a displayport/VGA lead, and my question regarding that is.... Will the quadro 4000 support a VGA monitor connected with a displayport/VGA lead??

Any advice much appreciated..

Posted 04/04/2012 09:21 AM   
in case someone else has the same question...
Yes the quadro 4000 does support VGA monitors, but only if you buy the proper Display Port -> VGA leads, (Don't use the Display Port -> DVI lead with DVI -> VGA adaptors)
in case someone else has the same question...

Yes the quadro 4000 does support VGA monitors, but only if you buy the proper Display Port -> VGA leads, (Don't use the Display Port -> DVI lead with DVI -> VGA adaptors)

Posted 04/13/2012 08:31 AM   
Scroll To Top