Josh@Nvidia Driver issues
  1 / 2    
Hopefully I got your attention. There are a large number of issues from people with driver issues from the latest update, resulting in 640x400 4 bit displays, unable to successfully rollback or uninstall.

Please look into this and post a fix.

Thank you.
Hopefully I got your attention. There are a large number of issues from people with driver issues from the latest update, resulting in 640x400 4 bit displays, unable to successfully rollback or uninstall.

Please look into this and post a fix.

Thank you.

Posted 04/03/2012 02:43 PM   
Hey there,

I will look into this for sure, could use a little more info though from you or anyone else having this issue:

"unable to rollback or uninstall"
- Unable to uninstall the drivers via Windows?
- If you install 295.73, with a "Custom" Clean installation it fails to install with 296.10 drivers installed?

- If it fails what is the error message given if any?
- Which graphics cards specifically have had this issue?
- Which OS, if specific to any OS.
Hey there,

I will look into this for sure, could use a little more info though from you or anyone else having this issue:

- If you install 295.73, with a "Custom" Clean installation it fails to install with 296.10 drivers installed?

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/03/2012 06:53 PM   
Similar issues here. Today, after Windows Update loaded the new drivers, my screen froze, and I had to do a manual shut down. On reboot, screen is 640x400 4 bit with dots across the screen. I thought I knew my way around the computer, but system restore, deleting the driver on device manager, rolling back the drivers all have done nothing to solve this issue. Running a Dell XPS 630i with Q6600 quad core, and 2 9800 GX cards in SLI. The system is saying the drivers are not compatible with a VGA driver. It's now 2 am and I've been fighting this thing since 7 pm.

Please, Nvidia figure out a fix, cause I am in no mood to scrap a $2,300 piece of equipment. And if I do, it will likely be the last Nvidea card I'll ever own.

Update: of course, in this resolution, all the built in Nvidia monitors for my system are disabled due to the incompatible display. Thanks for thinking of that during this build.
This post has been edited by Nanaimobar: Today, 01:35 AM[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='03 April 2012 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1333479236' post='1391523']
Hey there,

[/quote]
Similar issues here. Today, after Windows Update loaded the new drivers, my screen froze, and I had to do a manual shut down. On reboot, screen is 640x400 4 bit with dots across the screen. I thought I knew my way around the computer, but system restore, deleting the driver on device manager, rolling back the drivers all have done nothing to solve this issue. Running a Dell XPS 630i with Q6600 quad core, and 2 9800 GX cards in SLI. The system is saying the drivers are not compatible with a VGA driver. It's now 2 am and I've been fighting this thing since 7 pm.

Please, Nvidia figure out a fix, cause I am in no mood to scrap a $2,300 piece of equipment. And if I do, it will likely be the last Nvidea card I'll ever own.

Update: of course, in this resolution, all the built in Nvidia monitors for my system are disabled due to the incompatible display. Thanks for thinking of that during this build.

This post has been edited by Nanaimobar: Today, 01:35 AM[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='03 April 2012 - 10:53 AM' timestamp='1333479236' post='1391523']

Hey there,

Posted 04/03/2012 09:46 PM   
Hey there,

Windows Update unfortunately has a if'y trackrecord for stable installs in my opinion at least.

I would try the following:

- Remove the 2nd card installed in this system.
- Reboot into safe mode, run this app:http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/
- Select anything and everything to do with NVIDIA.
- Reboot into Windows and install the 296.10 drivers, using the "Custom" install option instead of the "Express" install option.
- Be sure to check the box for "perform clean installation"

You are probably dead tired, but you left a few of my questions unanswered which helps me in suggestion/troubleshooting issues /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
Hey there,

Windows Update unfortunately has a if'y trackrecord for stable installs in my opinion at least.

I would try the following:

- Remove the 2nd card installed in this system.

- Reboot into safe mode, run this app:http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/

- Select anything and everything to do with NVIDIA.

- Reboot into Windows and install the 296.10 drivers, using the "Custom" install option instead of the "Express" install option.

- Be sure to check the box for "perform clean installation"

You are probably dead tired, but you left a few of my questions unanswered which helps me in suggestion/troubleshooting issues /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/03/2012 10:14 PM   
Ok. Was in the process of redoing everything from scratch. Will advise on progress if any.
Ok. Was in the process of redoing everything from scratch. Will advise on progress if any.

Posted 04/03/2012 10:16 PM   
Getting Http 500 internal server error at website through IE
Chrome displays
jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 145
Getting Http 500 internal server error at website through IE

Chrome displays

jtablesession::Store Failed

DB function failed with error number 145

Posted 04/03/2012 10:39 PM   
http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/ gives a 500 internal server error in IE, and a failure in Chrome.

In addition to previous note in chrome following in red text

Table 'jillings_j115\jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL = INSERT INTO 'jos_session' ('session_id','time','username','gid','guest','client_id') VALUES ('57lpn445d7tq78aadrfn3f16a2','1333493252',",'0','1','0')
http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/ gives a 500 internal server error in IE, and a failure in Chrome.

In addition to previous note in chrome following in red text

Table 'jillings_j115\jos_session' is marked as crashed and should be repaired SQL = INSERT INTO 'jos_session' ('session_id','time','username','gid','guest','client_id') VALUES ('57lpn445d7tq78aadrfn3f16a2','1333493252',",'0','1','0')

Posted 04/03/2012 10:56 PM   
Gave up on the Driver Sweeper, trying to just do a custom install
Gave up on the Driver Sweeper, trying to just do a custom install

Posted 04/03/2012 11:08 PM   
Yeah sorry about that, the link worked when i first posted it, dead now for whatever reason
Yeah sorry about that, the link worked when i first posted it, dead now for whatever reason

Posted 04/03/2012 11:23 PM   
NVidea Installer Failed. for 296.10

NVIDIA Update - not installed
PhysX - newer or same
3d vision Controller - not installed
Graphics Driver 296.10 Failed
3D Vision Not Installed

Trying with 295.73 download

Error "The requested operation can not be performed on a file with a user mapped section open."
NVidea Installer Failed. for 296.10

NVIDIA Update - not installed

PhysX - newer or same

3d vision Controller - not installed

Graphics Driver 296.10 Failed

3D Vision Not Installed

Trying with 295.73 download

Error "The requested operation can not be performed on a file with a user mapped section open."

Posted 04/03/2012 11:26 PM   
If you get that many fails on a custom clean install, its likely you have some Windows registry errors preventing this, the last thing you can try before resorting to a Windows reinstall would be, to delete the NVIDIA folders.

C:\NVIDIA,

And after you have uninstalled everything.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corp.

You are still getting errors like the one above, you either have a registry issue, or some sort of spyware malware, as that error is not common at all.
If you get that many fails on a custom clean install, its likely you have some Windows registry errors preventing this, the last thing you can try before resorting to a Windows reinstall would be, to delete the NVIDIA folders.

C:\NVIDIA,

And after you have uninstalled everything.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corp.

You are still getting errors like the one above, you either have a registry issue, or some sort of spyware malware, as that error is not common at all.

Posted 04/03/2012 11:45 PM   
What kind of further information do you need for troubleshooting?

I'm starting to feel like an angry father on Facebook.
What kind of further information do you need for troubleshooting?

I'm starting to feel like an angry father on Facebook.

Posted 04/03/2012 11:47 PM   
Would AVG security block this? I disabled the firewall. Should I have to shut the whole thing down?
Would AVG security block this? I disabled the firewall. Should I have to shut the whole thing down?

Posted 04/03/2012 11:53 PM   
Not really much more I can suggest given the symptoms you are having just trying to get a basic driver installed.

From what it sounds like you either have some background tasks running that are spyware/malware that are preventing you from executing the installation process as noted with this error:

"The requested operation can not be performed on a file with a user mapped section open."

This is a Windows generated error that isn't related to the actual driver package, typically a sign of a virus from my experience.

The only real/valid suggestion I could give you at this point is scan and back up the important stuff and start off with a fresh installation of Windows.
Not really much more I can suggest given the symptoms you are having just trying to get a basic driver installed.

From what it sounds like you either have some background tasks running that are spyware/malware that are preventing you from executing the installation process as noted with this error:

"The requested operation can not be performed on a file with a user mapped section open."

This is a Windows generated error that isn't related to the actual driver package, typically a sign of a virus from my experience.

The only real/valid suggestion I could give you at this point is scan and back up the important stuff and start off with a fresh installation of Windows.

Posted 04/03/2012 11:55 PM   
I appreciate all your assistance. I'm trying a couple of last ditch efforts before buying a new HD and windows.

Thanks .
I appreciate all your assistance. I'm trying a couple of last ditch efforts before buying a new HD and windows.

Thanks .

Posted 04/04/2012 12:19 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top