560Ti SLI Excellent Performance Still
I've really been struggling with Nvidia TDR (driver crashing) over the past few months. Never applied any overclocks to the system because the system standard settings never would solve stability issues.

After the driver crashed 5 times in 10 minutes while on YouTube yesterday I decided something had to change. So I went full steam ahead for the overclocks on the 2600K - running a mild 4.4Ghz (need better cooler to go higher). Not only did the TDR/driver crashes go away but I thought I pulled a decent score in 3DMark 11.

P9064! That is without OC on each 560. No doubt these are great cards and if I look at some current benchmarks I see the MSI R7970 scoring P8485 and the 680 2GB at P9554.

I really can't justify moving up to a 680 when these two guys (now that things are stable) kind of rock everything.

I wish I had done this sooner because the driver crashing has been driving me NUTS!
I've really been struggling with Nvidia TDR (driver crashing) over the past few months. Never applied any overclocks to the system because the system standard settings never would solve stability issues.

After the driver crashed 5 times in 10 minutes while on YouTube yesterday I decided something had to change. So I went full steam ahead for the overclocks on the 2600K - running a mild 4.4Ghz (need better cooler to go higher). Not only did the TDR/driver crashes go away but I thought I pulled a decent score in 3DMark 11.

P9064! That is without OC on each 560. No doubt these are great cards and if I look at some current benchmarks I see the MSI R7970 scoring P8485 and the 680 2GB at P9554.

I really can't justify moving up to a 680 when these two guys (now that things are stable) kind of rock everything.

I wish I had done this sooner because the driver crashing has been driving me NUTS!

Posted 04/02/2012 09:41 PM   
Have you tried disabling the Hardware Acceleration from Firefox/IE/Chrome?
I am running 560 Ti SLI and after disabling the HA I think I only have had 1 driver crash in the last couple of months...
Have you tried disabling the Hardware Acceleration from Firefox/IE/Chrome?

I am running 560 Ti SLI and after disabling the HA I think I only have had 1 driver crash in the last couple of months...

Posted 06/19/2012 07:17 AM   
Scroll To Top