Need Ideas For Cooling 2x GTX 590 (Classifieds)
I posted this just to see if anyone knows of any hardware or techniques to further cool my GTX 590's. Right now everything is completely air cooled in my PC and nothing is OC. Cards run at about 70-75 C when playing BF3, Batman Arkham City... and so on looking to drop those as far as possible so I can look into overclocking them.
I posted this just to see if anyone knows of any hardware or techniques to further cool my GTX 590's. Right now everything is completely air cooled in my PC and nothing is OC. Cards run at about 70-75 C when playing BF3, Batman Arkham City... and so on looking to drop those as far as possible so I can look into overclocking them.

-16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM DDR3

-EVGA X58 FTW3 LG 1366 Motherboard

-Intel 510 Series 120GB SATA III SSD

-OCZ Vertex 2 160GB SATA II SSD

-Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown (Overclocked to 4.5GHZ)-(Also took away stock CPU fan and replaced with

Noctua NH-C14 140mm x 2 SSO CPU Cooler)

-CORSAIR AX1200 Watt PSU

-Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64bit)

-EVGA GTX 590 Classified x2 (Quad SLI)

-Logitech Z906 500W 5.1 Speakers

-COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition

-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional

Posted 04/01/2012 08:20 AM   
70-75C is actually extremely good for GTX590s. Especially 2 of them.
That's no where near dangerous temps for Quad-SLi. Does your case have a side-flow intake fan? If not look in to rigging one near the cards to help with better airflow.
That's no where near dangerous temps for Quad-SLi. Does your case have a side-flow intake fan? If not look in to rigging one near the cards to help with better airflow.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/01/2012 09:29 AM   
Agree with HoneyBadger on the side flow idea , when I had my quad sli setup in the old cosmos case - I used moose tape to fasten the fan to the cards - or you could use tie wraps or some other measure to fasten them ( moose tape was neat ) to blow cool air in , it helped quite a bit , ( over 10 degrees Celcius drop in temps ) but after moving to my new Phantom Case it is no longer needed . Good Luck .

Stalks
Agree with HoneyBadger on the side flow idea , when I had my quad sli setup in the old cosmos case - I used moose tape to fasten the fan to the cards - or you could use tie wraps or some other measure to fasten them ( moose tape was neat ) to blow cool air in , it helped quite a bit , ( over 10 degrees Celcius drop in temps ) but after moving to my new Phantom Case it is no longer needed . Good Luck .

Stalks

Posted 04/01/2012 12:13 PM   
Scroll To Top