Nvidia control center for games
Dear all,
I am playing wow with a laptop (Dual core processor and Geforce G210m).
I have noticed that under the nvidia control panel there are some options that I can configure for my 3d apps
Could you please help me by letting me know where to put those settings for WOW (but also for other games)?

Here you will find the settings I am talking to
http://imageshack.us...850/part1n.png/
http://imageshack.us...641/part2v.png/

If it is too hard to explain everything could you please send me some tutorial regarding those settings?

B.R
Alex
Dear all,

I am playing wow with a laptop (Dual core processor and Geforce G210m).

I have noticed that under the nvidia control panel there are some options that I can configure for my 3d apps

Could you please help me by letting me know where to put those settings for WOW (but also for other games)?

Here you will find the settings I am talking to

If it is too hard to explain everything could you please send me some tutorial regarding those settings?

B.R

Alex

Posted 03/31/2012 06:10 AM   
You might be better posting this in the 3D Vision forumn.

You do not list the model# of the laptop or if you are using an external display and if so the model# of it.

You do not list the model# of the laptop or if you are using an external display and if so the model# of it.

Posted 03/31/2012 06:55 AM   
[quote name='D-Man11' date='31 March 2012 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1333176944' post='1390221']

[/quote]
I hope this time I did it right

Nvidia Screenshot

Laptop Model is Acer Aspire 7736ZG (It is hard to find a link with all my specs exactly).
My current specs though are
CPU: Intel Pentium T4300 (2,1 GHz 800MHz FSB) processor
GPU: Geforce G210M , Graphics Clock: 606MHz, Processor Clock 1468MHz, Memory Clock (790MHz) with 1580MHZ data rate, Memory interface 64bit. Dedicated video memory 512MB DDR3 (I have gotten those settings from my nvidia control panel).

I have to admit that a)for the money I spent two years before, b)for the gpu is thas I am more than happy with the performance I get some old lovely games. Just to name two : WoW and Medieval Total War II.

I am intresting to see if I can get something more just by tuning something from those parameters. Just to give few examples/questions
-When I play wow, my system has lot of RAM free. Can I somehow use some settings that will consume of the RAM and relax the GPU a little?
-Also only half of the GPU RAM is consumed (roughly) 256 out of 512. Can I also try to benefit from the free 256?
-As my GPU is that strong I would like to see if there are options that can relax it.
-Regardless of the freem ram available, which are in general the settings I should disable to relax the GPU?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards
Alex
[quote name='D-Man11' date='31 March 2012 - 08:55 AM' timestamp='1333176944' post='1390221']

I hope this time I did it right

Nvidia Screenshot

Laptop Model is Acer Aspire 7736ZG (It is hard to find a link with all my specs exactly).

My current specs though are

CPU: Intel Pentium T4300 (2,1 GHz 800MHz FSB) processor

GPU: Geforce G210M , Graphics Clock: 606MHz, Processor Clock 1468MHz, Memory Clock (790MHz) with 1580MHZ data rate, Memory interface 64bit. Dedicated video memory 512MB DDR3 (I have gotten those settings from my nvidia control panel).

I have to admit that a)for the money I spent two years before, b)for the gpu is thas I am more than happy with the performance I get some old lovely games. Just to name two : WoW and Medieval Total War II.

I am intresting to see if I can get something more just by tuning something from those parameters. Just to give few examples/questions

-When I play wow, my system has lot of RAM free. Can I somehow use some settings that will consume of the RAM and relax the GPU a little?

-Also only half of the GPU RAM is consumed (roughly) 256 out of 512. Can I also try to benefit from the free 256?

-As my GPU is that strong I would like to see if there are options that can relax it.

-Regardless of the freem ram available, which are in general the settings I should disable to relax the GPU?

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Regards

Alex

Posted 04/01/2012 07:47 AM   
Hello , as a starting point Click NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3 D Settings > Global Settings and Restore NVidia Recommended Settings and Save > Next Go to Global Settings and Check - Show only Programs found on this computer > scroll thru and see if your games are detected > choose NVidia Recommended as a starting point . Good Luck .

Stalks
Hello , as a starting point Click NVidia Control Panel > Manage 3 D Settings > Global Settings and Restore NVidia Recommended Settings and Save > Next Go to Global Settings and Check - Show only Programs found on this computer > scroll thru and see if your games are detected > choose NVidia Recommended as a starting point . Good Luck .

Stalks

Posted 04/01/2012 08:09 AM   
[quote name='stalker1' date='01 April 2012 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1333267796' post='1390617']

Stalks
[/quote]

Thanks so you recommend me to go for the default right..? Even not setting my card for maximum performance ??

Regards
Alex
[quote name='stalker1' date='01 April 2012 - 10:09 AM' timestamp='1333267796' post='1390617']

Stalks

Thanks so you recommend me to go for the default right..? Even not setting my card for maximum performance ??

Regards

Alex

Posted 04/01/2012 10:54 AM   
Start with the default settings , profiles are separate from OC . I have also installed SLI Enhancement patch as well , as I am running an sli setup , not sure if it works for single gpu applications though , they also have Nhancer software as well . If you can ? adjust your settings in game . Good Luck . I have had very good luck using NVidia recommended in NVCP and adjusting settings in the games themselves .

Stalks
Start with the default settings , profiles are separate from OC . I have also installed SLI Enhancement patch as well , as I am running an sli setup , not sure if it works for single gpu applications though , they also have Nhancer software as well . If you can ? adjust your settings in game . Good Luck . I have had very good luck using NVidia recommended in NVCP and adjusting settings in the games themselves .

Stalks

Posted 04/01/2012 11:06 AM   
Ok I will but my sense says that it would be good to set it to maximum performance as the adaptive is just made for laptops (I am using a laptop but what is the meaning to not have it to maximum performance) when I am running laptop on DC.

Regards
Ok I will but my sense says that it would be good to set it to maximum performance as the adaptive is just made for laptops (I am using a laptop but what is the meaning to not have it to maximum performance) when I am running laptop on DC.

Regards

Posted 04/03/2012 01:39 PM   
Scroll To Top