Can I run 3 Monitors with this? Just a question or two regarding my 295GTX
So...hey I'm new to the forum, and its been on my mind for quite a while. I currently run the Nvidia 295GTX card (The..dual one, the one with two in one GFX casing) in a PCI-E slot. My question was, it has 2 DVI ports, and 1 HDMI port. I'm using 2 DVI-VGA adapters for my monitors at the moment, as when i tried DVI on one monitor (other one unplugged) it wouldn't let me run it at its native resolution without putting horrible lines through the screen, so i thought id just stick with plain old VGA.

ANYWAY, my question is, can i run 3 monitors on this card? 2 running from the DVI ports with VGA adapters and 1 running from the HDMI port or is this somewhat impossible? I do plan to get a 580GTX soon, but there are deals running with monitors that have grabbed my attention so now is the time to buy one i guess. Also, my card runs so hot, like 91-92 degrees when running a game, especially World of Warcraft. Is this normal for a dual card, i've heard mixed stories?

Any replies would be much appreciated.
Dan.
So...hey I'm new to the forum, and its been on my mind for quite a while. I currently run the Nvidia 295GTX card (The..dual one, the one with two in one GFX casing) in a PCI-E slot. My question was, it has 2 DVI ports, and 1 HDMI port. I'm using 2 DVI-VGA adapters for my monitors at the moment, as when i tried DVI on one monitor (other one unplugged) it wouldn't let me run it at its native resolution without putting horrible lines through the screen, so i thought id just stick with plain old VGA.

ANYWAY, my question is, can i run 3 monitors on this card? 2 running from the DVI ports with VGA adapters and 1 running from the HDMI port or is this somewhat impossible? I do plan to get a 580GTX soon, but there are deals running with monitors that have grabbed my attention so now is the time to buy one i guess. Also, my card runs so hot, like 91-92 degrees when running a game, especially World of Warcraft. Is this normal for a dual card, i've heard mixed stories?

Any replies would be much appreciated.

Dan.

Posted 03/30/2012 09:03 PM   
Hi Dan! and welcome to our forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

- Yes this card is capable of outputting to 3 monitors.
- DVI display issues - sounds like it could be a cable issue, have you tried connecting with any different DVI cables?
-90c is very hot for any card, though these cards themselves ran pretty hot to begin with.

I would recommend if you are capable of doing so, removing the fan/heatsink and applying a fresh coat of thermal paste/grease and/or increase case ventilation.
Hi Dan! and welcome to our forums! /w00twave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00twave:' />

- Yes this card is capable of outputting to 3 monitors.

- DVI display issues - sounds like it could be a cable issue, have you tried connecting with any different DVI cables?

-90c is very hot for any card, though these cards themselves ran pretty hot to begin with.

I would recommend if you are capable of doing so, removing the fan/heatsink and applying a fresh coat of thermal paste/grease and/or increase case ventilation.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 04/03/2012 09:16 PM   
Josh answered your question quite estutely, and I'd add: If you're getting up to 92C, you should A: increase fan speed to 100% under load using Afterburner & B: increase your case flow as it might be inadequate. I recommend a mostly all-intake configuration with fans.
Josh answered your question quite estutely, and I'd add: If you're getting up to 92C, you should A: increase fan speed to 100% under load using Afterburner & B: increase your case flow as it might be inadequate. I recommend a mostly all-intake configuration with fans.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/04/2012 02:49 PM   
Scroll To Top