Nvidia Installer Failed
  1 / 2    
I got GeForce GTS 250 1GB with currently installed driver: 197.45
the problem is that i can't update my drivers at all, every latest update that was out i tried to install and all fails and i get the following thing:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=d6s2e&s=5
please help me!
I got GeForce GTS 250 1GB with currently installed driver: 197.45

the problem is that i can't update my drivers at all, every latest update that was out i tried to install and all fails and i get the following thing:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=d6s2e&s=5

please help me!

Posted 03/29/2012 03:02 PM   
Hi,

First I would suggest trying a "Clean installation:

During the driver installation process, select the "Custom" install option and ensure to check the box off for "Perform clean installation"

If the above step fails, try deleting the entire NVIDIA folder located at C:\NVIDIA, which stores all of the unpacked driver files and attempt another custom install.
Hi,

During the driver installation process, select the "Custom" install option and ensure to check the box off for "Perform clean installation"

If the above step fails, try deleting the entire NVIDIA folder located at C:\NVIDIA, which stores all of the unpacked driver files and attempt another custom install.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/29/2012 06:23 PM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='29 March 2012 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1333045389' post='1389597']
Hi,

[/quote]

Tried, yet nothing and keep on getting the same result:(
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='29 March 2012 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1333045389' post='1389597']

Hi,

Tried, yet nothing and keep on getting the same result:(

Posted 03/30/2012 12:04 AM   
Do you have any Anti Virus software running?
Does your user account have admin privalages?
Have you tried Driver Sweeper in Safe mode?
Do you have any Anti Virus software running?

Does your user account have admin privalages?

Have you tried Driver Sweeper in Safe mode?

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/30/2012 12:26 AM   
I have Avira Antivir Personal running
Yes i do have admin privileges
and how do i do it with driver sweeper?(never used this program before)

Posted 03/30/2012 07:30 AM   
I am having the exact same issue. I have an Alienware m14x running Geforce GT 555m 3gb, it was damaged recently, it went in for repair work about 2 weeks ago, since ive had it back im getting the Nvidia Optimus demonstration watermark on Photoshop etc, so updating the driver to try and fix that.

I don't have any antivirus and i have admin privileges, tried the steps above and no joy.

Thanks,
Grant
I am having the exact same issue. I have an Alienware m14x running Geforce GT 555m 3gb, it was damaged recently, it went in for repair work about 2 weeks ago, since ive had it back im getting the Nvidia Optimus demonstration watermark on Photoshop etc, so updating the driver to try and fix that.

I don't have any antivirus and i have admin privileges, tried the steps above and no joy.

Thanks,

Grant

Posted 04/04/2012 03:41 PM   
[quote name='Ultrafox7' date='30 March 2012 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1333092657' post='1389829']
[/quote]

Have you tried installing the drivers with your Virus software disabled? This sometimes prevents installers from completely successfully.

[quote]I am having the exact same issue. I have an Alienware m14x running Geforce GT 555m 3gb, it was damaged recently, it went in for repair work about 2 weeks ago, since ive had it back im getting the Nvidia Optimus demonstration watermark on Photoshop etc, so updating the driver to try and fix that.

I don't have any antivirus and i have admin privileges, tried the steps above and no joy.[/quote]

This issue sounds different than the OP,

Ive never heard of any issue with a Optimus watermark appearing anywhere, so not sure what you mean. Could you attach a screen shot of what you are seeing?

What driver do you currently have installed, and what driver is failing to install?
[quote name='Ultrafox7' date='30 March 2012 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1333092657' post='1389829']

Have you tried installing the drivers with your Virus software disabled? This sometimes prevents installers from completely successfully.

This issue sounds different than the OP,

Ive never heard of any issue with a Optimus watermark appearing anywhere, so not sure what you mean. Could you attach a screen shot of what you are seeing?

What driver do you currently have installed, and what driver is failing to install?

Posted 04/04/2012 09:01 PM   
In some applications I get a watermark saying 'Optimus demonstration, Nvidia confidential not for resale or distribution.' From a scout about on Google users were saying that it was a driver issue.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1364&bih=707&q=optimus+demonstration+not+for+resal&gbv=2&oq=optimus+demonstration+not+for+resal&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=img.3...6038l14733l0l14943l35l22l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0.frgbld. <<<<<<< Thats what im seeing. If you look at the very first image.

I'm running driver version 266.08, and the failed install is version 296.1

Thanks
In some applications I get a watermark saying 'Optimus demonstration, Nvidia confidential not for resale or distribution.' From a scout about on Google users were saying that it was a driver issue.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1364&bih=707&q=optimus+demonstration+not+for+resal&gbv=2&oq=optimus+demonstration+not+for+resal&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=img.3...6038l14733l0l14943l35l22l0l0l0l0l0l0ll0l0.frgbld.
<<<<<<< Thats what im seeing. If you look at the very first image.

I'm running driver version 266.08, and the failed install is version 296.1

Thanks

Posted 04/05/2012 12:08 AM   
I'm having a similar issue as well.
Using a 9400 gt on a windows XP computer. Trying to install the 296.10 drivers and I get the same message.
I completed the above steps, trying the custom install, deleting the NVIDIA folder. I don't even have the windows firewall turned on at the moment, so there's no antivirus software in the way.
I'm having a similar issue as well.

Using a 9400 gt on a windows XP computer. Trying to install the 296.10 drivers and I get the same message.

I completed the above steps, trying the custom install, deleting the NVIDIA folder. I don't even have the windows firewall turned on at the moment, so there's no antivirus software in the way.

Posted 04/07/2012 01:43 AM   
Hi Guys

I'm just a guy who had the same problem and i know it seems as if i'm advertising in but in fact im not as i've been up half the night trying to find a cure before having to pay windows for a new Windows 7 64x OS which i didn't want to do as BG has enough money and i'm sure this post will save the ladies and gents at Nvidia a bit of a headache too, you cannot download the drivers as you no longer have ownership of your Computer>Windows>System32>Driverstore folder..We all know the regedit on this would take hours so go to the first link below and download take control, rightclick the driverstore, click take control and let it do it for you (takes about four seconds), reboot and then express install from nvidias site and bobs your auntie, be warned though this as with any freeware comes with the usual addware so run a malware protector after and delete all this to clean registry as in the later of the two links below completely free of charge..Happy days and get on with gaming and watch less funny stuff with your drivers and then you'll have control always, perhaps try the top shelf at the shop rather than your 300 quid each or more graphics cards if you know what i mean.

http://geekdrop.com/content/geekdrop-cafe

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Remember its important to flush the spyware out with the later link and then i advise deleting both as running extensive antispyware like this can seriously corrupt a registry and leave you at point A again and be carefull what sites you visit.
Hi Guys

I'm just a guy who had the same problem and i know it seems as if i'm advertising in but in fact im not as i've been up half the night trying to find a cure before having to pay windows for a new Windows 7 64x OS which i didn't want to do as BG has enough money and i'm sure this post will save the ladies and gents at Nvidia a bit of a headache too, you cannot download the drivers as you no longer have ownership of your Computer>Windows>System32>Driverstore folder..We all know the regedit on this would take hours so go to the first link below and download take control, rightclick the driverstore, click take control and let it do it for you (takes about four seconds), reboot and then express install from nvidias site and bobs your auntie, be warned though this as with any freeware comes with the usual addware so run a malware protector after and delete all this to clean registry as in the later of the two links below completely free of charge..Happy days and get on with gaming and watch less funny stuff with your drivers and then you'll have control always, perhaps try the top shelf at the shop rather than your 300 quid each or more graphics cards if you know what i mean.

http://geekdrop.com/content/geekdrop-cafe

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Remember its important to flush the spyware out with the later link and then i advise deleting both as running extensive antispyware like this can seriously corrupt a registry and leave you at point A again and be carefull what sites you visit.

Posted 04/19/2012 11:21 AM   
I had the same problem with install failing but had done as Josh suggested in his first response and all went well. Installed perfectly then.
I had the same problem with install failing but had done as Josh suggested in his first response and all went well. Installed perfectly then.

Posted 04/29/2012 04:07 PM   
Make sure you uninstall the previous version of PhysX before installing the latest driver, that's what fixed it for me.
Make sure you uninstall the previous version of PhysX before installing the latest driver, that's what fixed it for me.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 8GB @ 1600Mhz
GPU: 2x MSI GTX 580 Lightning's SLI @ 950/1900/2100Mhz
SSD: Crucial M4 128GB SATA III
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA III
PSU: Corsair TX850W
Case: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced
CPU Cooler: Corsair A50
Monitor: BenQ XL2411T 24" @ 144Hz

Posted 04/29/2012 04:45 PM   
Hi,

I solved this kind of problem on my PC by removing of the folder named "Installer2" out of the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation( the istall directory of the nvidia programs).

Try it!
Hi,

I solved this kind of problem on my PC by removing of the folder named "Installer2" out of the C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation( the istall directory of the nvidia programs).

Try it!

Posted 05/20/2012 06:04 PM   
[quote name='sabraxat' date='20 May 2012 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1337537090' post='1410751']
Hi,

Try it!
[/quote]

Thank you very much ... this worked 4 me ... :)
[quote name='sabraxat' date='20 May 2012 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1337537090' post='1410751']

Hi,

Try it!

Thank you very much ... this worked 4 me ... :)

Posted 06/04/2012 05:14 PM   
[quote name='sabraxat' date='20 May 2012 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1337537090' post='1410751']
Hi,

Try it!
[/quote]

You're a genius, that works!! :)
Thanks!
[quote name='sabraxat' date='20 May 2012 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1337537090' post='1410751']

Hi,

Try it!

You're a genius, that works!! :)

Thanks!

Posted 06/14/2012 08:29 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top