Stutter/Lag in games on high-graphics
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right sector to post this topic (I'm new /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> ), but here it goes:

a month ago, I bought a new pc with these parts in:
- Quad core I5 processor-2500K 3.30 GHz
- GTX 560 TI
- 8,00 GB RAM (2x4)
- 500 GB Hard Drive
I'm running windows 7 (64 bits)

Now, the problem is, when I want to play a game (for example dirt 3) on highest graphics, it lags. I don't know why, because you would think it'll run smoothly with those parts. The lower I go in graphic-performance, the smoother it runs. I ran an FPS-test, result: around 80 FPS.
I downloaded the newest driver and all..
Also, when I want to open my NVIDIA-settings, it says that there is no display connected to my NVIDIA GPU.
I really don't know what the reason is for this problem, but I hope someone knows an answer.

Kind Regards /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Sloaper
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right sector to post this topic (I'm new /happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' /> ), but here it goes:

a month ago, I bought a new pc with these parts in:

- Quad core I5 processor-2500K 3.30 GHz

- GTX 560 TI

- 8,00 GB RAM (2x4)

- 500 GB Hard Drive

I'm running windows 7 (64 bits)

Now, the problem is, when I want to play a game (for example dirt 3) on highest graphics, it lags. I don't know why, because you would think it'll run smoothly with those parts. The lower I go in graphic-performance, the smoother it runs. I ran an FPS-test, result: around 80 FPS.

I downloaded the newest driver and all..

Also, when I want to open my NVIDIA-settings, it says that there is no display connected to my NVIDIA GPU.

I really don't know what the reason is for this problem, but I hope someone knows an answer.

Kind Regards /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Sloaper

Posted 03/27/2012 08:52 PM   
Are you sure the monitor is connected to the installed GTX 560 and not the onboard graphics card on the motherboard?
Are you sure the monitor is connected to the installed GTX 560 and not the onboard graphics card on the motherboard?

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/27/2012 08:59 PM   
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='27 March 2012 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1332881995' post='1388699']
[/quote]

No, I'm not sure.. I didn't assemble the pc myself, but there is only 1 vga-gate where I can plug in my monitor.
The resolution of the screen is 1440x900.

Oh, I just checked, and indeed, my screen is attached to my Intel(R) HD Graphics, not my NVIDIA...
Can I change this without opening my case? /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />

Tnx for the advice btw
[quote name='Josh@NVIDIA' date='27 March 2012 - 09:59 PM' timestamp='1332881995' post='1388699']

No, I'm not sure.. I didn't assemble the pc myself, but there is only 1 vga-gate where I can plug in my monitor.

The resolution of the screen is 1440x900.

Oh, I just checked, and indeed, my screen is attached to my Intel(R) HD Graphics, not my NVIDIA...

Can I change this without opening my case? /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />

Tnx for the advice btw

Posted 03/27/2012 09:29 PM   
Yeah, no need to open the case, Since you are connecting with VGA you will need a DVI to VGA adaptor to connect this monitor

[url="http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=DVI+to+VGA&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1066&bih=782&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7504742066661884170&sa=X&ei=lE5yT8aMHIvKiALH8c28AQ&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ"]DVI adaptor [/url]

You may also need to check the BIOS option to set the PCI-E card as the default graphics card, though it may not be necessary since you do seem to have the card present in Windows and the NVIDIA Control Panel installed.
Yeah, no need to open the case, Since you are connecting with VGA you will need a DVI to VGA adaptor to connect this monitor

DVI adaptor

You may also need to check the BIOS option to set the PCI-E card as the default graphics card, though it may not be necessary since you do seem to have the card present in Windows and the NVIDIA Control Panel installed.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/27/2012 11:35 PM   
It's solved... Very stupid reason though.
A friend of mine asked me this question: Did you install the driver with the CD-ROM?
Me thinking.. I dunno /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />
Installed it.. worked like a charm

Silly me /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Tnx for the help anyways

Sloaper
It's solved... Very stupid reason though.

A friend of mine asked me this question: Did you install the driver with the CD-ROM?

Me thinking.. I dunno /ermm.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ermm:' />

Installed it.. worked like a charm

Silly me /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' />

Tnx for the help anyways

Sloaper

Posted 03/28/2012 08:33 PM   
You should get the latest drivers on our site, the ones that come on the disc are always outdated.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-296.10-whql-driver.html
You should get the latest drivers on our site, the ones that come on the disc are always outdated.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-296.10-whql-driver.html

Posted 03/29/2012 11:28 PM   
Scroll To Top