GT 555M on vista Asus N55SF
  1 / 2    
Hi guys ,

I have a little problem for install GT555M on vista. The Drivers won't detect the nvidia card, i only can use the Intel integrated chipset.
On the periperic tab i see the 2 card Intel and the second with "?" i tried to install manualy the drivers , never worked.(uncompressed the nvidia driver , choosing
the good ..)
I tried different version of Nvidia drivers , same problem .
I know it using optimus.
Can i use optimus, or if not, only the GT555m on my vista x64 sp2 ?
I have the drivers cd of my asus, but it only work with Windows 7.

(I'm sorry for crap english )

Thanks = )
Hi guys ,

I have a little problem for install GT555M on vista. The Drivers won't detect the nvidia card, i only can use the Intel integrated chipset.

On the periperic tab i see the 2 card Intel and the second with "?" i tried to install manualy the drivers , never worked.(uncompressed the nvidia driver , choosing

the good ..)

I tried different version of Nvidia drivers , same problem .

I know it using optimus.

Can i use optimus, or if not, only the GT555m on my vista x64 sp2 ?

I have the drivers cd of my asus, but it only work with Windows 7.

(I'm sorry for crap english )

Thanks = )

Posted 03/27/2012 12:45 PM   
Why are you using Vista on a laptop equipped with a GT 555M? All laptops with that GPU come with Windows 7, which is the sensible route to go in every aspect.
Why are you using Vista on a laptop equipped with a GT 555M? All laptops with that GPU come with Windows 7, which is the sensible route to go in every aspect.

Posted 03/27/2012 01:31 PM   
Because i have Vista installed on my ssd from last computer)and i prefer vista than 7, but the question is not why, but how can i do = )
Because i have Vista installed on my ssd from last computer)and i prefer vista than 7, but the question is not why, but how can i do = )

Posted 03/27/2012 04:01 PM   
It's a shame, because Vista is inferior to 7 in just about all metrics.

Still, both Intel IGP and Nvidia GPU drivers are compatible with both Vista and 7, so as long as you install the Intel IGP driver first and the Nvidia GPU after, you should have no issues.
It's a shame, because Vista is inferior to 7 in just about all metrics.

Still, both Intel IGP and Nvidia GPU drivers are compatible with both Vista and 7, so as long as you install the Intel IGP driver first and the Nvidia GPU after, you should have no issues.

Posted 03/27/2012 04:25 PM   
i remember have installed Intel first, and The nvidia drivers say he is no finding compatible card when tried after : /
But i will retry maybe i must reboot after installing Intel card.
i remember have installed Intel first, and The nvidia drivers say he is no finding compatible card when tried after : /

But i will retry maybe i must reboot after installing Intel card.

Posted 03/27/2012 05:06 PM   
Also, install the latest Asus drivers first, as some hardware has different device IDs that block driver installation.
Also, install the latest Asus drivers first, as some hardware has different device IDs that block driver installation.

Posted 03/27/2012 05:09 PM   
Asus drivers? You mean witch drivers? Because i can't launch the Drivers DVD on vista as i said before ^^'
Asus drivers? You mean witch drivers? Because i can't launch the Drivers DVD on vista as i said before ^^'

Posted 03/27/2012 05:17 PM   
Nevermind, for some reason I thought you were using an Asus laptop :S

Anyway, check the manufacturer's site for drivers made for Vista.
Nevermind, for some reason I thought you were using an Asus laptop :S

Anyway, check the manufacturer's site for drivers made for Vista.

Posted 03/27/2012 07:54 PM   
This is a laptop.
i will search ok.
This is a laptop.

i will search ok.

Posted 03/28/2012 05:38 AM   
What make and model is your laptop?
What make and model is your laptop?

Posted 03/28/2012 03:04 PM   
[b]ASUS N55SF[/b]

Intel® Core™ i5 2430M Processor
Windows® 7 Professional SP1
Chipset Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Memory DDR3 1333 MHz 8 G SDRAM
Display 15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768)/HD+ (1600x900)
Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR3 VRAM
256gb SSD Crucial M4

/happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' />
ASUS N55SF

Intel® Core™ i5 2430M Processor

Windows® 7 Professional SP1

Chipset Intel® HM65 Express Chipset

Memory DDR3 1333 MHz 8 G SDRAM

Display 15.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768)/HD+ (1600x900)

Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M 2GB DDR3 VRAM

256gb SSD Crucial M4

/happy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':happy:' />

Posted 03/29/2012 07:51 AM   
So I was right about the Asus drivers :)

Go to the Asus site and download the Vista drivers available there. If there aren't Vista drivers available, install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode for Vista SP2.
So I was right about the Asus drivers :)

Go to the Asus site and download the Vista drivers available there. If there aren't Vista drivers available, install Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode for Vista SP2.

Posted 03/29/2012 02:23 PM   
No Vista drivers available for my n55SF ^^
I will try compatibility mod (but if you mean the Asus DVD driver this tips dont work)

But actually i'm not at home will try soon = )
No Vista drivers available for my n55SF ^^

I will try compatibility mod (but if you mean the Asus DVD driver this tips dont work)

But actually i'm not at home will try soon = )

Posted 03/29/2012 03:21 PM   
You have to keep in mind that hardware generations are made to work with specific OSes, and in your case that means your hardware was made for Windows 7. You should just upgrade and be done with any driver installation issues. It's both the easiest and the recommended way. Seriously :)
You have to keep in mind that hardware generations are made to work with specific OSes, and in your case that means your hardware was made for Windows 7. You should just upgrade and be done with any driver installation issues. It's both the easiest and the recommended way. Seriously :)

Posted 03/29/2012 04:01 PM   
[quote name='tribaljet' date='29 March 2012 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1333036868' post='1389558']
[/quote]
I know but i hate new OS like 7 , if i had choice i will still on old Windows ^^'
[quote name='tribaljet' date='29 March 2012 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1333036868' post='1389558']

I know but i hate new OS like 7 , if i had choice i will still on old Windows ^^'

Posted 03/30/2012 07:57 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top