gtx 460 sli problem
maybe I'm dumb but I have an evga gtx460, I also have an Msi n460gtx. I read that as long as the model is the same they should be able to sli. My MOboard also supports sli which is a gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud3. I'm not getting the option in the control panel. Do these cards not work together? my computer sees both cards.

I have rebooted in safe mode wiped drivers using diver sweeper and re-installed.

the EVGA card is in the first PCIE slot. Should I try switching the cards around ?
maybe I'm dumb but I have an evga gtx460, I also have an Msi n460gtx. I read that as long as the model is the same they should be able to sli. My MOboard also supports sli which is a gigabyte GA-990fxa-ud3. I'm not getting the option in the control panel. Do these cards not work together? my computer sees both cards.

I have rebooted in safe mode wiped drivers using diver sweeper and re-installed.

the EVGA card is in the first PCIE slot. Should I try switching the cards around ?

Posted 03/27/2012 07:39 AM   
Hello there , you may need a bios update for that board ,.

" [font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][left][color="#ffff00"] We should point out that some [/color][/left][/font][url="http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-990FX-Motherboard-RoundUp-Asus-ASRock-Gigabyte/#"][font="inherit"][size="2"]motherboards[/size][/font][/url][font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color=#FFFF00][left] based on the AMD 990FX chipset will get official support for NVIDIA’s [/left][/color][/font][url="http://hothardware.com/Tags/sli.aspx"]SLI[/url][font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color=#FFFF00][left]technology as well, so those enthusiasts chomping at the bit for an 8-Core [/left][/color][/font][url="http://hothardware.com/Tags/bulldozer.aspx"]Bulldozer[/url][font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][color=#FFFF00][left] chip can enjoy some multi-GPU action with their graphics vendor of cho[/color][/left][left]
[/left][left][color="#ffff00"]It almost looks like SLI is not supported , not sure though , Good Luck .[/color][/left][/font]
Hello there , you may need a bios update for that board ,.

"
We should point out that some
motherboards
based on the AMD 990FX chipset will get official support for NVIDIA’s
SLI
technology as well, so those enthusiasts chomping at the bit for an 8-Core
Bulldozer
chip can enjoy some multi-GPU action with their graphics vendor of cho

It almost looks like SLI is not supported , not sure though , Good Luck .

Posted 03/27/2012 08:02 AM   
Yup I updated the bios as of yesterday

Posted 03/27/2012 07:21 PM   

Posted 03/27/2012 09:11 PM   
I guess I am the fool. I was hearing mixed things about cards with different vram. Turns out they need to be the same.
My msi card has 768mb. Poop
Guess ill be selling
I guess I am the fool. I was hearing mixed things about cards with different vram. Turns out they need to be the same.

My msi card has 768mb. Poop

Guess ill be selling

Posted 03/27/2012 09:14 PM   
I don't think that you are dumb , it is all apart of learning my friend , indeed the VRam has to be the same on all cards being used , as well as the same model , and the motherboard has to support SLI as well , it does get a little confusing with the AMD boards these days , and alot of boards support both cross fire and sli . that would explain why SLI option is not there , Good Luck with it .

Stalks
I don't think that you are dumb , it is all apart of learning my friend , indeed the VRam has to be the same on all cards being used , as well as the same model , and the motherboard has to support SLI as well , it does get a little confusing with the AMD boards these days , and alot of boards support both cross fire and sli . that would explain why SLI option is not there , Good Luck with it .

Stalks

Posted 03/27/2012 11:16 PM   
Scroll To Top