GPU not recognized gt210 not found
I had a geforce g210 running fine in my machine, until i upped the memory from 2gig to 4gig. now, the system is unable to tell that there is an nvidia
gpu in the pci-e slot. the fan is running, and video comes out to the monitor just fine, but only using generic vga drivers. nvidia drivers won't
install because nvidia gpu not found. this is the same grpahics board i've been using for a year with no problem. i tried reversing the memory upgrade, but
to to effect. so...i get graphics, but can't use the nvidia drivers to get the graphics i paid for. why would the mobo stop recognizing the gpu?
I had a geforce g210 running fine in my machine, until i upped the memory from 2gig to 4gig. now, the system is unable to tell that there is an nvidia

gpu in the pci-e slot. the fan is running, and video comes out to the monitor just fine, but only using generic vga drivers. nvidia drivers won't

install because nvidia gpu not found. this is the same grpahics board i've been using for a year with no problem. i tried reversing the memory upgrade, but

to to effect. so...i get graphics, but can't use the nvidia drivers to get the graphics i paid for. why would the mobo stop recognizing the gpu?

Posted 03/26/2012 04:12 AM   
Sometimes just bumping the card can cause a lost connection or a speck of dust to get in the slot.
Pull the card, clean the slot with a small brush and re-seat the card. The same can happen with the RAM.

I assume you are using a 32bit Windows as you only had 2GB RAM, 32bit Windows can only access about 3.25GB of the 4GB. Still better than 2GB /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .
Sometimes just bumping the card can cause a lost connection or a speck of dust to get in the slot.

Pull the card, clean the slot with a small brush and re-seat the card. The same can happen with the RAM.

I assume you are using a 32bit Windows as you only had 2GB RAM, 32bit Windows can only access about 3.25GB of the 4GB. Still better than 2GB /smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' /> .

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 03/26/2012 07:52 AM   
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='25 March 2012 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1332748358' post='1387973']

[/quote]
you are correct on the OS...i have 32 bit XP and was adding memory in preparation for installing win7. the sudden 'disappearance' of the video card throws me
though.i'll try your suggestion...
[quote name='BossDweebe' date='25 March 2012 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1332748358' post='1387973']

you are correct on the OS...i have 32 bit XP and was adding memory in preparation for installing win7. the sudden 'disappearance' of the video card throws me

though.i'll try your suggestion...

Posted 03/26/2012 01:42 PM   
Hi, I have the same problem. Mi computer has 4 years of use, and before the DDR2 stop existing, I bought a 2 gigabyte DDR2, to add to my 2 gigabyte DDR2. I also bought the Geforce G210 card. With these upgrades I can make my computer last another 3 years.

I had the Windows 7 32 bits, so I changed it to the 64 bit version. My surprise was that now on the 64 bit version, I can't make the graphics card to work. It does work with the generic VGA drivers, at lower resolutions. My LCD can display 1630 x 1050 pixels on regular performance, but now, I can't get those resolutions. I tried with the nvidia drivers 301 beta version, 295, even a 198 version. None of it works.

What can I do to make it work? By the way, when I install the drivers, on the Device Manager, the Geforce G210 appears with the yellow exclamation mark.It says that it stopped working because of an issue, or something.

Thanks.
Hi, I have the same problem. Mi computer has 4 years of use, and before the DDR2 stop existing, I bought a 2 gigabyte DDR2, to add to my 2 gigabyte DDR2. I also bought the Geforce G210 card. With these upgrades I can make my computer last another 3 years.

I had the Windows 7 32 bits, so I changed it to the 64 bit version. My surprise was that now on the 64 bit version, I can't make the graphics card to work. It does work with the generic VGA drivers, at lower resolutions. My LCD can display 1630 x 1050 pixels on regular performance, but now, I can't get those resolutions. I tried with the nvidia drivers 301 beta version, 295, even a 198 version. None of it works.

What can I do to make it work? By the way, when I install the drivers, on the Device Manager, the Geforce G210 appears with the yellow exclamation mark.It says that it stopped working because of an issue, or something.

Thanks.

Posted 04/30/2012 10:05 PM   
Scroll To Top