Nvidia 3D vision works with youtube? What a sad joke! HASN'T WORKED ONCE IN MONTHS OF REINST
I feel like I'm being misled by NVIDIA when I check this page.

http://blogs.nvidia.com/2011/05/youtube-now-in-3d-vision/

It's all a freakin' big joke!!!! I've been running this Nvidia 3D Vision/Samsung 2233rz setup since it came out and not once have I managed to successfully view a youtube video in 3D via HTML5. I spent at least 3 hours today trying to get it working, I installed the latest drivers, reinstalled my browser and all other commonly suggested fixes. I've tried everything and I'm at the end of my rope, this is BULL****. Do I have to set myself on fire in Nvidia's headquarters to get this **** fixed? What a god-damned, load of crap. It's PISSING ME OFF. I change the settings to HTML 5, it just reloads in GOD-DAMNED SIDE-By-SIDE, I've followed your instructions to the letter about 60 times today and I'm about ready to carve my own heart out with a spoon!

It's all a freakin' big joke!!!! I've been running this Nvidia 3D Vision/Samsung 2233rz setup since it came out and not once have I managed to successfully view a youtube video in 3D via HTML5. I spent at least 3 hours today trying to get it working, I installed the latest drivers, reinstalled my browser and all other commonly suggested fixes. I've tried everything and I'm at the end of my rope, this is BULL****. Do I have to set myself on fire in Nvidia's headquarters to get this **** fixed? What a god-damned, load of crap. It's PISSING ME OFF. I change the settings to HTML 5, it just reloads in GOD-DAMNED SIDE-By-SIDE, I've followed your instructions to the letter about 60 times today and I'm about ready to carve my own heart out with a spoon!

Posted 03/25/2012 08:18 PM   
Well, you aren't giving us any hint as to what browser or drivers you are using so I guess you don't actually want to know why.
Well, you aren't giving us any hint as to what browser or drivers you are using so I guess you don't actually want to know why.

Posted 03/27/2012 12:35 AM   
[quote name='southerncross' date='25 March 2012 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1332706699' post='1387800']

[/quote]

Agreed, it is frustrating and ridiculous given how long we have had 3d vision.

Its like needing all the planets lined up or some thing, there are so many things you have to do to get it working.

There is still no mention on if they intend to add Vista support or SLI support. My guess it's one of these that is stopping you.
[quote name='southerncross' date='25 March 2012 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1332706699' post='1387800']

Agreed, it is frustrating and ridiculous given how long we have had 3d vision.

Its like needing all the planets lined up or some thing, there are so many things you have to do to get it working.

There is still no mention on if they intend to add Vista support or SLI support. My guess it's one of these that is stopping you.

Posted 03/27/2012 05:08 PM   
Or maybe he has the wrong browser. Or maybe he's got the wrong version of the right browser (see the topic right on the first page of this forum). Or maybe it has something to do with 3DTV Play. <shrug>
Or maybe he has the wrong browser. Or maybe he's got the wrong version of the right browser (see the topic right on the first page of this forum). Or maybe it has something to do with 3DTV Play. <shrug>

Posted 03/28/2012 12:11 AM   
[quote name='Zloth' date='27 March 2012 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1332808534' post='1388319']
[/quote]

Because using the latest version of firefox and the latest nvidia drivers isn't commonsense, ey? *shrugs* I'm not the only one with these problems. Perfect 3D playback in video games, on the nvidia website, none at all on youtube. This product is broken. Short of downloading the videos and manually playing them back, they will not function. It's false advertisement to claim youtube 3D functions with nvidia hardware using HTML 5.

I even pulled one of my graphics cards out to try and see if this helped, no dice. I'm running Windows 7, not vista.
[quote name='Zloth' date='27 March 2012 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1332808534' post='1388319']

Because using the latest version of firefox and the latest nvidia drivers isn't commonsense, ey? *shrugs* I'm not the only one with these problems. Perfect 3D playback in video games, on the nvidia website, none at all on youtube. This product is broken. Short of downloading the videos and manually playing them back, they will not function. It's false advertisement to claim youtube 3D functions with nvidia hardware using HTML 5.

I even pulled one of my graphics cards out to try and see if this helped, no dice. I'm running Windows 7, not vista.

Posted 04/01/2012 01:57 AM   
Common sense is to at least look at the forum you are posting in. There's a topic right near the start titled "3D videos do not work with certain NVIDIA drivers in Firefox 11". Firefox will be fixing it in late April. Sounds to me like that's the product that's broken. Maybe you should run over to their forums and demand your money back?
Common sense is to at least look at the forum you are posting in. There's a topic right near the start titled "3D videos do not work with certain NVIDIA drivers in Firefox 11". Firefox will be fixing it in late April. Sounds to me like that's the product that's broken. Maybe you should run over to their forums and demand your money back?

Posted 04/02/2012 12:41 AM   
[quote name='Zloth' date='02 April 2012 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1333327310' post='1390899']
[/quote]

I've had this problem since... let's see... 2009? I've tried the older versions, mate.. they don't work.
[quote name='Zloth' date='02 April 2012 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1333327310' post='1390899']

I've had this problem since... let's see... 2009? I've tried the older versions, mate.. they don't work.

Posted 04/03/2012 03:24 PM   
I know it will cost $, but the new Cyberlink PowerDVD v.12 works great with 3d YouTube. I too gave up on the fiddling with Mozilla a long time ago.

P.S. looks like you have to get the "Pro" or "Ultra" version for "Native YouTube3d content support". The "Standard" doesn't have it. I pretty much use this program for most everything including playing 3d vid from my Sony 3d recorder.
I know it will cost $, but the new Cyberlink PowerDVD v.12 works great with 3d YouTube. I too gave up on the fiddling with Mozilla a long time ago.

P.S. looks like you have to get the "Pro" or "Ultra" version for "Native YouTube3d content support". The "Standard" doesn't have it. I pretty much use this program for most everything including playing 3d vid from my Sony 3d recorder.

Posted 04/04/2012 05:42 AM   
Hi, the problem might be with your Samsung Monitor. I believe its the oldest and very first Monitor which supported 3D Vision (alongwith a Viewsonic model). I faced this same problem on my older Viewsonic monitor. Once I shifted to my current Alienware, its been smooth sailing watching 3D Videos on Youtube (till this recent Firefox 11 screwed up things again). As I have posted in another forum on nVidia, its ridiculous that an "upgraded" browser keeps having lesser functionality. I had my maximum addons working when I had Firefox 4 and 5. Since then, each time they have upgraded, I have lost an addon or two. Now even 3DVision-Youtube is gone with release 11. But I hope Version 12 will fix it on 24th April which is the official launch date.
Also, did you try watching the youtube video on Full screen mode? In the earlier youtube HTML5 versions, videos would only become 3D on youtube in full screen.
I presume you used this url to check your HTML5 compatibility for youtube? :
http://www.3dvisionlive.com/3dv-html5-detection
Hi, the problem might be with your Samsung Monitor. I believe its the oldest and very first Monitor which supported 3D Vision (alongwith a Viewsonic model). I faced this same problem on my older Viewsonic monitor. Once I shifted to my current Alienware, its been smooth sailing watching 3D Videos on Youtube (till this recent Firefox 11 screwed up things again). As I have posted in another forum on nVidia, its ridiculous that an "upgraded" browser keeps having lesser functionality. I had my maximum addons working when I had Firefox 4 and 5. Since then, each time they have upgraded, I have lost an addon or two. Now even 3DVision-Youtube is gone with release 11. But I hope Version 12 will fix it on 24th April which is the official launch date.

Also, did you try watching the youtube video on Full screen mode? In the earlier youtube HTML5 versions, videos would only become 3D on youtube in full screen.

I presume you used this url to check your HTML5 compatibility for youtube? :

http://www.3dvisionlive.com/3dv-html5-detection

Posted 04/04/2012 05:28 PM   
Scroll To Top