quadro fx 3600m problems
  1 / 2    
Hi group

I have a hp compaq 8710w which has a nvidia quadro fx3600m card in and 8meg of ram
this laptop had errors based on blue screens, it was sent back to hp which they fixed and returned but they reinstalled windows 32bit as a fresh installation.

i need it to run 64 bit, i installed windows 7 on it, but every time i boot up it seems ok then after 10 to 30 seconds the sreen just goes white or a light blu colour and i can't do any thing???

if i reboot in safe mode with networking it is fine and i am using now, however as soon as i reboot it will boot fine then crash after a few seconds??

I have tried a few graphics drivers from the origonal supplied one, through to windows seven ones.

i have reinstalled the software so that it was on vista buisness 64 bit and even 32 bit but it keep crashing, i am etting really frustrated now, does anyone know what is happening?

regardss flopsey
Hi group

I have a hp compaq 8710w which has a nvidia quadro fx3600m card in and 8meg of ram

this laptop had errors based on blue screens, it was sent back to hp which they fixed and returned but they reinstalled windows 32bit as a fresh installation.

i need it to run 64 bit, i installed windows 7 on it, but every time i boot up it seems ok then after 10 to 30 seconds the sreen just goes white or a light blu colour and i can't do any thing???

if i reboot in safe mode with networking it is fine and i am using now, however as soon as i reboot it will boot fine then crash after a few seconds??

I have tried a few graphics drivers from the origonal supplied one, through to windows seven ones.

i have reinstalled the software so that it was on vista buisness 64 bit and even 32 bit but it keep crashing, i am etting really frustrated now, does anyone know what is happening?

regardss flopsey

Posted 03/25/2012 12:27 PM   
To clarify, when you got the system back from HP, did your Windows boot up fine without crashing? And did HP fresh installed Vista or Win7 on the system?

If the system works fine after you got it back from HP, likely this is not a hardware issue. Can you list the actual driver versions you have installed for your GPU?
To clarify, when you got the system back from HP, did your Windows boot up fine without crashing? And did HP fresh installed Vista or Win7 on the system?

If the system works fine after you got it back from HP, likely this is not a hardware issue. Can you list the actual driver versions you have installed for your GPU?

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/06/2012 12:18 AM   
Would you, please, suggest WORKING driver to run the FX 3600M card under Vista 64 with software Autodesk REVIT Architecture 2013? I am running the same HP 8710w mobile workstation with 8GB RAM and the only working driver for me is the old one: 188.78

I made previously mistake and let Vista to update the driver to the newer version, but the notebook went immidietly into Blue Screen Death state... After reinstalling the old driver the computer is working fine, but Revit 2013 is often crashing... Revit 2012 is still stabil!

Thank you for any information regarding new Autodesk Revit graphics drivers for the FX 3600M under Vista 64x and Win7 64x!
Would you, please, suggest WORKING driver to run the FX 3600M card under Vista 64 with software Autodesk REVIT Architecture 2013? I am running the same HP 8710w mobile workstation with 8GB RAM and the only working driver for me is the old one: 188.78

I made previously mistake and let Vista to update the driver to the newer version, but the notebook went immidietly into Blue Screen Death state... After reinstalling the old driver the computer is working fine, but Revit 2013 is often crashing... Revit 2012 is still stabil!

Thank you for any information regarding new Autodesk Revit graphics drivers for the FX 3600M under Vista 64x and Win7 64x!

Posted 04/08/2012 09:27 PM   
[quote name='mihan' date='08 April 2012 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1333920434' post='1393450']

[/quote]

I haven't personally tested Revit 2013 on your system but there are plenty of drivers(WHQL and Beta) that should work with your system and GPU.
We have Verde notebook driver, start from version 267.24, ending with 301.24. You may want to give the latest WHQL driver version 296.35 a try and see if that helps. Please be sure to create a restore point in case there's a problem.

You may click on the link here to download it: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-296.35-whql-driver.html

Good luck.
[quote name='mihan' date='08 April 2012 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1333920434' post='1393450']

I haven't personally tested Revit 2013 on your system but there are plenty of drivers(WHQL and Beta) that should work with your system and GPU.

We have Verde notebook driver, start from version 267.24, ending with 301.24. You may want to give the latest WHQL driver version 296.35 a try and see if that helps. Please be sure to create a restore point in case there's a problem.

You may click on the link here to download it: http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-296.35-whql-driver.html

Good luck.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/11/2012 12:23 AM   
Thank you for your advice. I have downloaded the 296.35 driver and will install it during the weekend and will report the status. I assume that the current driver should be uninstalled from the system first...?

Just for your information: the HP 8710w notebook came with the 167.58 driver which is today the only choise for Vista 64 and FX 3600M from HP... I am running on the 188.78 driver which is the last version recommended from Autodesk for Revit... Accidently I have left Vista to update the driver under Microsoft official update service of Windows to version 296.10, which was disaster for the notebook (Blue Screen of Death after each reboot)...

Although Revit 2012 was stabil on the 188.78 driver (but only after the 1st update from Autodesk) it is now again very unstabil and often crashing with Revit 2013...

Regards,

mihan
Thank you for your advice. I have downloaded the 296.35 driver and will install it during the weekend and will report the status. I assume that the current driver should be uninstalled from the system first...?

Just for your information: the HP 8710w notebook came with the 167.58 driver which is today the only choise for Vista 64 and FX 3600M from HP... I am running on the 188.78 driver which is the last version recommended from Autodesk for Revit... Accidently I have left Vista to update the driver under Microsoft official update service of Windows to version 296.10, which was disaster for the notebook (Blue Screen of Death after each reboot)...

Although Revit 2012 was stabil on the 188.78 driver (but only after the 1st update from Autodesk) it is now again very unstabil and often crashing with Revit 2013...

Regards,

mihan

Posted 04/11/2012 05:25 PM   
Well, I was little bit inpatient and tried the WHQL 296.35 driver: HP 8710w with FX 3600M under Vista_64 went into Blue Screen of Death already during the installation process... So I rolled back to the 188.78 driver...
Well, I was little bit inpatient and tried the WHQL 296.35 driver: HP 8710w with FX 3600M under Vista_64 went into Blue Screen of Death already during the installation process... So I rolled back to the 188.78 driver...

Posted 04/11/2012 07:39 PM   
[quote name='mihan' date='11 April 2012 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1334173158' post='1394988']
[/quote]

Can you open a new case at our site below? Either something is corrupted in Windows or you are looking at a serious bug. We'd need some information so we can debug this. Just mention that you and I discussed this issue.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/account%252Foverview

Thanks.
[quote name='mihan' date='11 April 2012 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1334173158' post='1394988']

Can you open a new case at our site below? Either something is corrupted in Windows or you are looking at a serious bug. We'd need some information so we can debug this. Just mention that you and I discussed this issue.

Thanks.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 04/11/2012 11:30 PM   
HP 8710w

I Have the exact same problem, bluescreen after some secounds...

if i dont use aero, and dont start any video, dont try to install inventor, than it works...

I need a working driver too... FX 3600M (Win 7 x64)

Cheers :-)
HP 8710w

I Have the exact same problem, bluescreen after some secounds...

if i dont use aero, and dont start any video, dont try to install inventor, than it works...

I need a working driver too... FX 3600M (Win 7 x64)

Cheers :-)

Posted 04/23/2012 08:47 PM   
Hi everyone.

I also have problems with Quadro FX3600M in HP 8710w (Win 7 Pro 64 bit).

Now the most stable drivers for me are 186.24 from HP site.
My issues:
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/dsc0272e.jpg/"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/dsc0272e.jpg/[/url]
- 1. all bluescreens are cause by nvlddmkm.sys (I test many version of drivers but only 186.24 don't have a bluescreen (once I have problem No. 4. but then I have problem with installation)
- 2. sometimes bluescreen during (fresh) installation process (depending on the version of drivers) or after restart the laptop (sometimes reboot loop)
- 3. bluescreens after I try to use Aero or a few seconds later (15-60s) but often Aero works fine! an
- 4. only 3 or 4 times the screen suddenly is black but laptop is working, it seems like all is OK only I have a black screen (I have to manual turn off the laptop)
- 5. two times (maybe three) the screen was dark (I can see the image on the screen) but image was violet-red and freezing and no response but I can move the mouse (one maybe two version of drivers cause this)
[url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/dsc0270dp.jpg/"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/dsc0270dp.jpg/[/url] [url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/dsc0271fo.jpg/"]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/dsc0271fo.jpg/[/url]

The strangest thing is that drivers can pass Windows Performance Test (Windows Experience Index), even 3DMark Vantage test (basic for free) give about 3300 points.

The older drivers were more stable, but later versions cause frequent bluescreens in normal use the laptop.
First I think that I have a problem with RAM but I change the RAM and problem don't disappear.
Also I gave the laptop to service to evaluate the technical condition and the service says that laptop is 100% fine and video card works good. They don't find any physical damage and they dont have any bluescreens. But they works on 186.24 version of drivers.

Regards,
payeer.
Hi everyone.

I also have problems with Quadro FX3600M in HP 8710w (Win 7 Pro 64 bit).

Now the most stable drivers for me are 186.24 from HP site.

My issues:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/dsc0272e.jpg/

- 1. all bluescreens are cause by nvlddmkm.sys (I test many version of drivers but only 186.24 don't have a bluescreen (once I have problem No. 4. but then I have problem with installation)

- 2. sometimes bluescreen during (fresh) installation process (depending on the version of drivers) or after restart the laptop (sometimes reboot loop)

- 3. bluescreens after I try to use Aero or a few seconds later (15-60s) but often Aero works fine! an

- 4. only 3 or 4 times the screen suddenly is black but laptop is working, it seems like all is OK only I have a black screen (I have to manual turn off the laptop)

- 5. two times (maybe three) the screen was dark (I can see the image on the screen) but image was violet-red and freezing and no response but I can move the mouse (one maybe two version of drivers cause this)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/710/dsc0270dp.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/dsc0271fo.jpg/

The strangest thing is that drivers can pass Windows Performance Test (Windows Experience Index), even 3DMark Vantage test (basic for free) give about 3300 points.

The older drivers were more stable, but later versions cause frequent bluescreens in normal use the laptop.

First I think that I have a problem with RAM but I change the RAM and problem don't disappear.

Also I gave the laptop to service to evaluate the technical condition and the service says that laptop is 100% fine and video card works good. They don't find any physical damage and they dont have any bluescreens. But they works on 186.24 version of drivers.

Regards,

payeer.

Posted 06/08/2012 10:18 PM   
Hi Payeer,
Due to the restrictions my IT put in, I can't access the links you provided. Can you please formerly open a case at the site below?
After opening a case, we'll need to get more information from you so we can investigate this. Be sure to mention I sent you so issue can be rerouted to my attention.

Thanks.
Hi Payeer,

Due to the restrictions my IT put in, I can't access the links you provided. Can you please formerly open a case at the site below?

After opening a case, we'll need to get more information from you so we can investigate this. Be sure to mention I sent you so issue can be rerouted to my attention.

Thanks.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 06/12/2012 12:41 AM   
Hi, I have the same problem, BSOD with my HP 8710w with Quadro fx 3600m, Win7 x64 bit, 4Gb ram. First my story: I have three HP 8710w laptops. Two with: Quadro 1600m, Win7, x64bit, 4Gb ram. (have them for a year now, not a one problem occured) One with: Quadro 3600m, Win7, x64bit, 4Gb ram. (bought it two days ago) I've installed the newest (now) possible drivers on all three of them (version 310.70-quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql). The 1600m's works without problems (I've tested them on 3Ds max 2011, inventor 2010, autocad 2010). The 3600m crashes (BSOD caused by nvlddmkm.sys) with ANY drivers released after 2009. Drivers 188.78 works fine. Additional info: -Drivers 188.78 works fine. -Drivers from 2010 (dont remember exact number but they are the "newest posible drivers" (as said by win7) installed by windows 7 when installing the system) cause BSOD varying from 5min to 2h. -Drivers 307.45 and 310.70 cause BSOD always after 1-2min. For anyone who is looking for an answer to this problem (and I've encounterd about 20 identical cases on the internet, not even one solved permamently): -Nvidia does not provide any answer to this problem and does not recognize it (dont bother searching) -Problem doesn't occur on windows XP with its newest drivers (I've read it somewhere) -Problem occurs on Vista 64bit and Windows 7 64bit with drivers newer then 188.78 -Install drivers number 188.78 or 186.24 -Disabling windows aero does not help I'm gonna try installing windows 8 and check if it occurs there too. Wish me luck.
Hi,
I have the same problem, BSOD with my HP 8710w with Quadro fx 3600m, Win7 x64 bit, 4Gb ram.

First my story:
I have three HP 8710w laptops.
Two with: Quadro 1600m, Win7, x64bit, 4Gb ram. (have them for a year now, not a one problem occured)
One with: Quadro 3600m, Win7, x64bit, 4Gb ram. (bought it two days ago)

I've installed the newest (now) possible drivers on all three of them (version 310.70-quadro-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql).
The 1600m's works without problems (I've tested them on 3Ds max 2011, inventor 2010, autocad 2010).
The 3600m crashes (BSOD caused by nvlddmkm.sys) with ANY drivers released after 2009. Drivers 188.78 works fine.

Additional info:
-Drivers 188.78 works fine.
-Drivers from 2010 (dont remember exact number but they are the "newest posible drivers" (as said by win7) installed by windows 7 when installing the system) cause BSOD varying from 5min to 2h.
-Drivers 307.45 and 310.70 cause BSOD always after 1-2min.

For anyone who is looking for an answer to this problem (and I've encounterd about 20 identical cases on the internet, not even one solved permamently):
-Nvidia does not provide any answer to this problem and does not recognize it (dont bother searching)
-Problem doesn't occur on windows XP with its newest drivers (I've read it somewhere)
-Problem occurs on Vista 64bit and Windows 7 64bit with drivers newer then 188.78
-Install drivers number 188.78 or 186.24
-Disabling windows aero does not help

I'm gonna try installing windows 8 and check if it occurs there too. Wish me luck.

Posted 12/20/2012 11:37 AM   
Hi. I have that same problem on my workstation 8710w. Latest well working driver is 197.16. Im using win 7 32-bit profesional because 64-bit system istallation did not went well and I dont know why. But biggest problem is still that my 8710 keeps crashing when using 200.00 or higher. Its quite frustrating to know that those new drivers give better perfomance but Im not unable to use those. Hoto; If that win 8 gives solution to this problem, let us know. I have been seeking answer since I bought it 2008-9(dont remenber exact time).
Hi.

I have that same problem on my workstation 8710w. Latest well working driver is 197.16. Im using win 7 32-bit profesional because 64-bit system istallation did not went well and I dont know why. But biggest problem is still that my 8710 keeps crashing when using 200.00 or higher. Its quite frustrating to know that those new drivers give better perfomance but Im not unable to use those.

Hoto; If that win 8 gives solution to this problem, let us know. I have been seeking answer since I bought it 2008-9(dont remenber exact time).

Posted 01/06/2013 02:12 PM   
I can confirm that Windows 8 Gives exaxtly the same problem. The cause is the HP Quadro firmware which somehow puts the card in a power saving mode that gives so little voltage to the card that it crashes itself using new drivers. This is the reason that you can run heavy benchmarks but windows crashes when webbrowsing. BSOD messages can be "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" or most common "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)" Apparently there is a workaround that I am using now. I also found it on some forum. Steps: install Windows 7 32 Bit (i read somewhere that this workaround does not work on x64. Havent tested it tho) Download nVidia Inspector [url]http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool[/url] Make sure that you can start nVidia Inspector easily Install latest nvidia driver [u][b]As soon as Windows is using the latest nVidia driver the system will crash every 2 minutes or so.You will have to be quick in selecting the following options.[/b][/u] Make sure windows is running Aero Open nVidia control panel, Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings Add c:windowssystem32dwm.exe select "Power Management Mode" of dwm.exe, choose "Prefer Maximum Performance" Open nVidia Inspector Right Click on "Show Overclocking" Click on "Multi Display Power Saver" Right click on "Video Applications" Add DWM.exe from running processes Select "Run Multi Display Power Saver" on startup Select "Activate Full 3D by GPU Usage" set treshhold to 60% Select "Activate Video by VPU usage" Set treshhold to 20% save and reboot In the Multi Display Power Saver You can see your current power state. I think when it goes to P12 the system crashes. The provided workaround keeps the power saving level above P12 (hopefully) P stands for Performance Level P12 = Performance Level 0 = GPU 200 MHz, Mem 200 MHz, Shader Clock 400 MHz P10 = Performance Level 1 = GPU 275 MHz, Mem 301 MHz, Shader Clock 550 MHz P08 = Performance Level 2 = GPU 383 MHz, Mem 301 MHz, Shader Clock 767 MHz P00 = Performance Level 3 = GPU 500 MHz, Mem 799 MHz, Shader Clock 1250 MHz As I said earlier I am assuming that P12 tries to run the card at a very low voltage causing the crashes. I am also not sure if the Multi Display Power saver is started before you log in. Therefor the problem may occur if you power on the notebook and let it sit on the Windows logon screen. [img]http://muja.home.xs4all.nl/quadro/1.png[/img] [img]http://muja.home.xs4all.nl/quadro/2.png[/img] [img]http://muja.home.xs4all.nl/quadro/3.png[/img] Hope this helps. It still is a crude workaround and HP sucks for having such crappy firmware on such an expensive piece of hardware.
I can confirm that Windows 8 Gives exaxtly the same problem.

The cause is the HP Quadro firmware which somehow puts the card in a power saving mode that gives so little voltage to the card that it crashes itself using new drivers.

This is the reason that you can run heavy benchmarks but windows crashes when webbrowsing.

BSOD messages can be "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" or most common "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)"

Apparently there is a workaround that I am using now. I also found it on some forum.

Steps:

install Windows 7 32 Bit (i read somewhere that this workaround does not work on x64. Havent tested it tho)
Download nVidia Inspector http://blog.orbmu2k.de/tools/nvidia-inspector-tool
Make sure that you can start nVidia Inspector easily
Install latest nvidia driver

As soon as Windows is using the latest nVidia driver the system will crash every 2 minutes or so.You will have to be quick in selecting the following options.

Make sure windows is running Aero
Open nVidia control panel, Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings
Add c:windowssystem32dwm.exe
select "Power Management Mode" of dwm.exe, choose "Prefer Maximum Performance"
Open nVidia Inspector
Right Click on "Show Overclocking"
Click on "Multi Display Power Saver"
Right click on "Video Applications" Add DWM.exe from running processes
Select "Run Multi Display Power Saver" on startup
Select "Activate Full 3D by GPU Usage" set treshhold to 60%
Select "Activate Video by VPU usage" Set treshhold to 20%
save and reboot

In the Multi Display Power Saver You can see your current power state. I think when it goes to P12 the system crashes.

The provided workaround keeps the power saving level above P12 (hopefully)

P stands for Performance Level

P12 = Performance Level 0 = GPU 200 MHz, Mem 200 MHz, Shader Clock 400 MHz
P10 = Performance Level 1 = GPU 275 MHz, Mem 301 MHz, Shader Clock 550 MHz
P08 = Performance Level 2 = GPU 383 MHz, Mem 301 MHz, Shader Clock 767 MHz
P00 = Performance Level 3 = GPU 500 MHz, Mem 799 MHz, Shader Clock 1250 MHz

As I said earlier I am assuming that P12 tries to run the card at a very low voltage causing the crashes.

I am also not sure if the Multi Display Power saver is started before you log in. Therefor the problem may occur if you power on the notebook and let it sit on the Windows logon screen.

Hope this helps.

It still is a crude workaround and HP sucks for having such crappy firmware on such an expensive piece of hardware.

Posted 01/17/2013 04:33 PM   
Greetings all! First I want to say to all of you "THANK YOU" and especially to mujaNL. I have 8710w with Quadro 3600M running on Win7 x64 and I had this issue for several months now. It was REALLY frustrating. Now I can confirm that the fix provided by mujaNL is working stable also on Win7 X64. I am using this workaround for 3 weeks now with no problems. I am using nVidia drivers 310.90 / nVidia Inspector 1.9.6.8 However I had a problem to perform the instructions with that driver - just after login (even before I was able to see my desktop) I go BSOD. In order to perform the needed steps I attached an external monitor over HDMI so the VGA can have some load after login and not switch to P12. After that I had the time to perform the needed setup. I hope this helps someone else!
Greetings all!

First I want to say to all of you "THANK YOU" and especially to mujaNL. I have 8710w with Quadro 3600M running on Win7 x64 and I had this issue for several months now. It was REALLY frustrating.

Now I can confirm that the fix provided by mujaNL is working stable also on Win7 X64. I am using this workaround for 3 weeks now with no problems.

I am using nVidia drivers 310.90 / nVidia Inspector 1.9.6.8

However I had a problem to perform the instructions with that driver - just after login (even before I was able to see my desktop) I go BSOD. In order to perform the needed steps I attached an external monitor over HDMI so the VGA can have some load after login and not switch to P12. After that I had the time to perform the needed setup.

I hope this helps someone else!

Posted 02/10/2013 09:47 PM   
Hi all, I have to say that I run on my HP 8710W Windows XP (good old one) and IE 8.0, and was troubled last year or two with constant crashes, whether I played WOW, some Flash game or just surfing the Internet. Now I see that this is a matter of new drivers, because I remember good old times when everything worked fine, of course, I had some old driver on my FX 3600M! I go immediately to download something like 188.78 or 186.24 and see what will happen...I was so desperate that I was strongly considering even to buy a new laptop... Thanks for some new ideas!
Hi all,
I have to say that I run on my HP 8710W Windows XP (good old one) and IE 8.0, and was troubled last year or two with constant crashes, whether I played WOW, some Flash game or just surfing the Internet. Now I see that this is a matter of new drivers, because I remember good old times when everything worked fine, of course, I had some old driver on my FX 3600M! I go immediately to download something like 188.78 or 186.24 and see what will happen...I was so desperate that I was strongly considering even to buy a new laptop...
Thanks for some new ideas!

Posted 03/27/2013 08:26 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top