120hz on windows xp?
does 120hz work on windows xp?
does 120hz work on windows xp?

Posted 03/24/2012 06:05 PM   
Sure, provided monitor is installed properly.
Sure, provided monitor is installed properly.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 03/24/2012 06:07 PM   
it is. proper driver is showing in device manager.
xp only shows 60hz.
win7 has 60/100/120 on same system.
???
it is. proper driver is showing in device manager.

xp only shows 60hz.

win7 has 60/100/120 on same system.

???

Posted 03/24/2012 06:29 PM   
What monitor, and what driver.
What monitor, and what driver.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the

Posted 03/24/2012 06:35 PM   
I have seen Samsung displays with similar issues. Solution was to use the default plug and play driver. Do not use driver from Windows Update.
I have seen Samsung displays with similar issues. Solution was to use the default plug and play driver. Do not use driver from Windows Update.

Posted 03/24/2012 06:41 PM   
i found out what the issue was. the res option has the HD/SD modes listed first and since it was already set to 1920x1080 @32bit i assumed that was it. i did not bother scrolling down. i should have, as the PC resolutions are there. so i was using the TV modes. the nvidia control panel should not default to using the TV modes. i mean WTF? anyway, problem sorted, and lesson learned.
i found out what the issue was. the res option has the HD/SD modes listed first and since it was already set to 1920x1080 @32bit i assumed that was it. i did not bother scrolling down. i should have, as the PC resolutions are there. so i was using the TV modes. the nvidia control panel should not default to using the TV modes. i mean WTF? anyway, problem sorted, and lesson learned.

Posted 04/15/2012 11:31 AM   
Scroll To Top