most cost efficient new build best cost efficient parts
ok, as always, I am pricing parts for my next computer build. currently I am pricing parts for my next video card, but that said, seeing as my build is an lga775, I should likely also plan on my next, more up to date build of parts.

I am wondering what parts for a build that you all would recommend I buy to be the most cost effective parts for a newer build... the more chance for upgrades the better.

I am still wanting to do sli, so the more pci-e ports, the better...preferably, if cost effective, 3.0, but if not then a few, at least 2, pci-e 2.0 ports... I'm wanting a minimum of dual sli, but hopefully the possibility of tri or quad. It just depends on the cost to buy the bare bones parts...

I expect to have to lay down a hefty chunk of money just to get the bare bones of the system, but if need be, I can go without a new video card seeing as I am pricing one now. that said, I would likely be willing to lay down a few hundred on a good mobo to give the potential for tri or quad sli in the future, just hoping to be able to have good parts to be able to upgrade little by little with... that is my main goal.

the cheaper out of the box it can be, yet have the best potential for upgrades in it, the happier I will be.

once again, please and thank you for all your input. it is very much appreciated.
ok, as always, I am pricing parts for my next computer build. currently I am pricing parts for my next video card, but that said, seeing as my build is an lga775, I should likely also plan on my next, more up to date build of parts.

I am wondering what parts for a build that you all would recommend I buy to be the most cost effective parts for a newer build... the more chance for upgrades the better.

I am still wanting to do sli, so the more pci-e ports, the better...preferably, if cost effective, 3.0, but if not then a few, at least 2, pci-e 2.0 ports... I'm wanting a minimum of dual sli, but hopefully the possibility of tri or quad. It just depends on the cost to buy the bare bones parts...

I expect to have to lay down a hefty chunk of money just to get the bare bones of the system, but if need be, I can go without a new video card seeing as I am pricing one now. that said, I would likely be willing to lay down a few hundred on a good mobo to give the potential for tri or quad sli in the future, just hoping to be able to have good parts to be able to upgrade little by little with... that is my main goal.

the cheaper out of the box it can be, yet have the best potential for upgrades in it, the happier I will be.

once again, please and thank you for all your input. it is very much appreciated.

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Proc: intel core2quad q6600 @ "3.0", bad bios flash thus actually running 3.6 on air cooling

motherboard: gigabyte ep35c-ds3r lga775

ram: 4x nanya technology 2GB ddr2 800 modules

video card: nvidia gtx 560 ti 1GB model stock speeds

hard drive(s): 4x 160GB sata 2 hdds, 2x 320GB sata hdds, 1x 250GB sata hdd, 1x 80GB sata hdd

fans: 2x 80mm(1pwn, 1 standard), 1x 120mm(standard 3pin cpu)

sound card: sound blaster audigy 2 (dell hacked version)

monitors: 1x 20" samsung lcd-dvi, 1x 17" acer lcd-vga

speakers: 2.1 system(unknown brand), 2.0 acer usb, 2.1 insignia system

Posted 03/23/2012 04:20 PM   
Scroll To Top