20-30ft HDMI cable suggestions from Monoprice for 3DTV
As topic suggests, what HDMI cables are you guys using successfully for 3D for your 3DTVs? I'm looking mainly at monoprice cables because they are cheap but still offer good quality cables. I saw a few 20' 24AWG cables for ~$20 but just want to verify they work for a run that long, maybe up to 30' before I buy.

Thanks!
As topic suggests, what HDMI cables are you guys using successfully for 3D for your 3DTVs? I'm looking mainly at monoprice cables because they are cheap but still offer good quality cables. I saw a few 20' 24AWG cables for ~$20 but just want to verify they work for a run that long, maybe up to 30' before I buy.

Thanks!

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 03/23/2012 02:42 AM   
It is extremely important to get a quality cable for long runs. I tried going cheap and ended up with a useless cable. Fortunately, prices have come down dramatically. You can get a 35' Monster cable, which is guaranteed to work correctly, for only $70.00 delivered. Get this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Monster-Cable-U2-V800-Ultra-800-HDMI-1080p-35-FT-/260797481725
It is extremely important to get a quality cable for long runs. I tried going cheap and ended up with a useless cable. Fortunately, prices have come down dramatically. You can get a 35' Monster cable, which is guaranteed to work correctly, for only $70.00 delivered. Get this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Monster-Cable-U2-V800-Ultra-800-HDMI-1080p-35-FT-/260797481725

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 03/23/2012 03:46 AM   
Hello Chiz,

We understand what other companies may offer and realistically the majority of cables will work at that length fine, but there is also a portion that may not. The guarantee is only offering that you will be refunded in the event that the cable doesn’t work. We also offer a full refund within 30days if the cable doesn’t work for your needs or you are dissatisfied, on top of a lifetime guarantee on all of our cables. We just wanted to let you know that our high speed cables do support and are certified for 3D up to 25ft. i.e. PID 3990

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=3990&seq=1&format=2

For lengths over 25ft our standard speed cables can also be used because they are built with High Speed wiring. The only reason we cannot advertise them as High Speed is because at lengths over 25ft (with 22AWG cable), it will no longer meet the minimum 10.2Gbps bandwidth specification required by HDMI.org. We have personally tested our longer cables with 3D equipment and each of our cables from 3ft up to 75ft worked flawlessly and provided 3D content at 1080p resolution. Mind you there were also 3 additional port savers, a wall plate and a short 6ft 28awg cable used in each of these tests that not every consumer will be using and the signal still worked well.
Also wanted to let you know we will also be carrying our new line of RedMere HDMI cables, that not only are certified high speed in lengths of 30ft, 40ft, 50ft, 60ft. They will also be much more pliable than our current HDMI cables while still maintaining the integrity Monoprice has come to be known by.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10255

Please let me know if there is anything else i may assist you with. Thank You!

Regards,
Monoprice Technical Support
Hello Chiz,

We understand what other companies may offer and realistically the majority of cables will work at that length fine, but there is also a portion that may not. The guarantee is only offering that you will be refunded in the event that the cable doesn’t work. We also offer a full refund within 30days if the cable doesn’t work for your needs or you are dissatisfied, on top of a lifetime guarantee on all of our cables. We just wanted to let you know that our high speed cables do support and are certified for 3D up to 25ft. i.e. PID 3990

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=3990&seq=1&format=2

For lengths over 25ft our standard speed cables can also be used because they are built with High Speed wiring. The only reason we cannot advertise them as High Speed is because at lengths over 25ft (with 22AWG cable), it will no longer meet the minimum 10.2Gbps bandwidth specification required by HDMI.org. We have personally tested our longer cables with 3D equipment and each of our cables from 3ft up to 75ft worked flawlessly and provided 3D content at 1080p resolution. Mind you there were also 3 additional port savers, a wall plate and a short 6ft 28awg cable used in each of these tests that not every consumer will be using and the signal still worked well.

Also wanted to let you know we will also be carrying our new line of RedMere HDMI cables, that not only are certified high speed in lengths of 30ft, 40ft, 50ft, 60ft. They will also be much more pliable than our current HDMI cables while still maintaining the integrity Monoprice has come to be known by.

Regards,

Posted 03/26/2012 04:59 PM   
Seems like a pretty good answer to me.

I have a selection of 10-15m cables which I bought from ebay from various sellers. Most work fine for 3d, but one of them doesn't.
If a seller is willing to guarantee it will work, then fair enough, I just saved some money buy buying blind but I knew that I might have to send them back if they didn't work.

Also, I assume you're not in the UK, but something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping/dp/B001D9P1OW works really well and I've found that the amplification definitely helps.
Seems like a pretty good answer to me.

I have a selection of 10-15m cables which I bought from ebay from various sellers. Most work fine for 3d, but one of them doesn't.

If a seller is willing to guarantee it will work, then fair enough, I just saved some money buy buying blind but I knew that I might have to send them back if they didn't work.

Also, I assume you're not in the UK, but something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping/dp/B001D9P1OW works really well and I've found that the amplification definitely helps.

GTX 690, I5-2500k ~ 4Ghz, 3x BenQ XL2420T, Asus VG236H, Viewsonic PJD 6531W, Samsung LE46 C750, Samsung 830 SSD, Crucial M4 SSD, 3D vision kit, Xpand x104 glasses, XFX 850W PSU, Win 7 64

Posted 03/26/2012 06:50 PM   
Yah, the problem with buying Monster cables nowadays, is that there are soooo many knock offs. You never know if you are actually getting an Authentic Monster cable, until you send it in for warranty and find out that it's a fake. Not to mention the fact that Monster cables are over priced.

Unfortunately, a lot of the cheaper priced cables are junk and are known for pulling apart and breaking at the ends. The problem is, it costs more to mail it back in for a refund, than what it cost to purchase it in the first place.

I've never used a Monoprice cable as of yet. But I've only read good things about them and nothing negative. They'd be my choice for my next purchase versus that crap they sell on Amazon, the last Mediabridge cable I bought from there lasted a month.
Yah, the problem with buying Monster cables nowadays, is that there are soooo many knock offs. You never know if you are actually getting an Authentic Monster cable, until you send it in for warranty and find out that it's a fake. Not to mention the fact that Monster cables are over priced.

Unfortunately, a lot of the cheaper priced cables are junk and are known for pulling apart and breaking at the ends. The problem is, it costs more to mail it back in for a refund, than what it cost to purchase it in the first place.

I've never used a Monoprice cable as of yet. But I've only read good things about them and nothing negative. They'd be my choice for my next purchase versus that crap they sell on Amazon, the last Mediabridge cable I bought from there lasted a month.

Posted 03/26/2012 09:55 PM   
[quote name='Monoprice01' date='26 March 2012 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1332781158' post='1388130']
Hello Chiz,

Regards,
[/quote]
Wow! Thanks for the in-depth reply, greatly appreciated! I had no idea monoprice had such active CS but that's great to see. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Unfortunately I went out and grabbed a higher-end cable from Micro Center a few days ago that works great ($5 after coupon), otherwise I would've followed your advice/suggestion for sure. I have a bunch of Monoprice HDMI and DVI cables, as well as a HDMI switch that still work great to this day so I wouldn't hesitate to buy/try them again. I'll keep this advice handy for next time and I'm sure it'll be a valuable resource for other intersted parties who stumble upon this thread. Thanks again!
[quote name='Monoprice01' date='26 March 2012 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1332781158' post='1388130']

Hello Chiz,

Regards,

Wow! Thanks for the in-depth reply, greatly appreciated! I had no idea monoprice had such active CS but that's great to see. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Unfortunately I went out and grabbed a higher-end cable from Micro Center a few days ago that works great ($5 after coupon), otherwise I would've followed your advice/suggestion for sure. I have a bunch of Monoprice HDMI and DVI cables, as well as a HDMI switch that still work great to this day so I wouldn't hesitate to buy/try them again. I'll keep this advice handy for next time and I'm sure it'll be a valuable resource for other intersted parties who stumble upon this thread. Thanks again!

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 03/28/2012 12:52 AM   
Scroll To Top