[DRIVER BUG] Stronghold Kingdoms Things keep flashing
Hello.

I've been playing stronghold kingdoms for a couple weeks and I noticed with the newer nvidia drivers, the game graphics would keep flashing.
I researched on the Stronghold Kingdoms technical forums and got this http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=12847
Apparently, drivers newer than 285.58 do not work and people have to downgrade the drivers to 285.58 or older in order to be able to play the game without any problems.
I remember when I updated my driver to 295.73 the problem existed.
My graphic card is a 9800GTX+ 1GB and I currently have the 296.1 driver and the problem persists.
You can get the game yourself for free at http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/ and test it yourself so that you can confirm the bug.
I don't want to rollback to the 285.58 driver because it has another problem: it causes me to freeze and bluescreen whenever I watch videos on any web browser.
So I'd like to know if you got any fix for it or if you're planning to fix it.

Kind Regards,
Diablosrouge
Hello.

I've been playing stronghold kingdoms for a couple weeks and I noticed with the newer nvidia drivers, the game graphics would keep flashing.

I researched on the Stronghold Kingdoms technical forums and got this http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=12847

Apparently, drivers newer than 285.58 do not work and people have to downgrade the drivers to 285.58 or older in order to be able to play the game without any problems.

I remember when I updated my driver to 295.73 the problem existed.

My graphic card is a 9800GTX+ 1GB and I currently have the 296.1 driver and the problem persists.

You can get the game yourself for free at http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/ and test it yourself so that you can confirm the bug.

I don't want to rollback to the 285.58 driver because it has another problem: it causes me to freeze and bluescreen whenever I watch videos on any web browser.

So I'd like to know if you got any fix for it or if you're planning to fix it.

Kind Regards,

Diablosrouge

Posted 03/23/2012 12:10 AM   
Having similar problems.
Icons on map blinking, the village screen is blinking black.

Game downloaded with steam, v1.21.1.66
Running XP SP3 x32
GeForce GTX260
296.10 drivers
Intel Q8300 CPU
MB ASUS P5Q-E
The game is running in window mode (by design). Desktop resolution 1280x1024.

Downclocking does not solve the problem.
Varying driver settings has no effect.
No issues with any other game.

Tried changing driver settings - nothing helps.
Users on the game forum report that 275.33 is the most recent driver version that works. More recent drivers cause the issue.
Having similar problems.

Icons on map blinking, the village screen is blinking black.

Game downloaded with steam, v1.21.1.66

Running XP SP3 x32

GeForce GTX260

296.10 drivers

Intel Q8300 CPU

MB ASUS P5Q-E

The game is running in window mode (by design). Desktop resolution 1280x1024.

Downclocking does not solve the problem.

Varying driver settings has no effect.

No issues with any other game.

Tried changing driver settings - nothing helps.

Users on the game forum report that 275.33 is the most recent driver version that works. More recent drivers cause the issue.

Posted 04/01/2012 07:46 AM   
I also have a problem. Except for me, my screen turns black and when it comes back it says "display driver has stopped working but has recovered" every time everything loads on the global map. I've also downloaded the most recent update for my 32 bit windows 8 pro. Is there a solution to this problem?
I also have a problem. Except for me, my screen turns black and when it comes back it says "display driver has stopped working but has recovered" every time everything loads on the global map. I've also downloaded the most recent update for my 32 bit windows 8 pro.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Windows 8 Pro

Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
2.00 GB RAM
32-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
GeForce 7100/nForce 630i
Driver version 307.74

Posted 03/07/2013 04:51 AM   
Scroll To Top