Display issues - Quadro 350M - Dell Precision M65 - Win7 Cannot shift secondary display
I have a Dell Precision M65 running Win7 64 Bit. I have a docking station at work with two Dell monitors, and I have a docking station at home with a Dell monitor and an Acer monitor. With both Dell monitors I have no issues. But, with the Acer display when it extends my desktop it is not centered properly and there is about 1.5" of display that is offset the wrong direction. In XP with the Nvidia control panel you can move the dispaly around to shift it as needed. I cannot find that funtionality in the Nvidia Control Panel, or the Nvidia nView Desktop Manager. Is there some way other than buying a new monitor to fix this issue?
I have a Dell Precision M65 running Win7 64 Bit. I have a docking station at work with two Dell monitors, and I have a docking station at home with a Dell monitor and an Acer monitor. With both Dell monitors I have no issues. But, with the Acer display when it extends my desktop it is not centered properly and there is about 1.5" of display that is offset the wrong direction. In XP with the Nvidia control panel you can move the dispaly around to shift it as needed. I cannot find that funtionality in the Nvidia Control Panel, or the Nvidia nView Desktop Manager. Is there some way other than buying a new monitor to fix this issue?

Posted 03/22/2012 03:25 AM   
To clarify, is your Acer monitor connected to VGA port? Unlike XP, the NVPanel in Win7 does not have that "screen adjustment" page that lets you adjust the Windows desktop to a desirable position.
But there is a "Adjust desktop size and position" page that may do the trick. Did you try to do any adjustment in this page?

Also, what GPU driver version are you using? Its possible newer driver may fix this problem if its a driver issue.
To clarify, is your Acer monitor connected to VGA port? Unlike XP, the NVPanel in Win7 does not have that "screen adjustment" page that lets you adjust the Windows desktop to a desirable position.

But there is a "Adjust desktop size and position" page that may do the trick. Did you try to do any adjustment in this page?

Also, what GPU driver version are you using? Its possible newer driver may fix this problem if its a driver issue.

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 03/28/2012 12:12 AM   
Scroll To Top