3x 3D display problems
Just got in 3x ASUS VG278H monitors for 3D Surround. I also have 2 GTX 580 Classifieds in SLI.

The multiple display setting works fine but when I configure the surround option one monitor goes black and once every 60 seconds flickers on then off quickly. I'm using the latest stable drivers (I'll try the latest Beta drivers next). I have tried switching around the cables a bit to no avail. The recommended setup isn't working.

Help?
Just got in 3x ASUS VG278H monitors for 3D Surround. I also have 2 GTX 580 Classifieds in SLI.

The multiple display setting works fine but when I configure the surround option one monitor goes black and once every 60 seconds flickers on then off quickly. I'm using the latest stable drivers (I'll try the latest Beta drivers next). I have tried switching around the cables a bit to no avail. The recommended setup isn't working.

Help?

Posted 03/22/2012 01:21 AM   
Just to clarify, they all work fine when I have them on the "Activate all displays" but when I try to do "Span displays with Surround" that's when everything goes awry. I've tried numerous configurations as far as different connectors and cords.

Don't make me an Eyefinity fan because of this.
Just to clarify, they all work fine when I have them on the "Activate all displays" but when I try to do "Span displays with Surround" that's when everything goes awry. I've tried numerous configurations as far as different connectors and cords.

Don't make me an Eyefinity fan because of this.

Posted 03/22/2012 02:25 AM   
Sounds almost like a refresh rate issue, are the display settings for the problematic the same as the other two? Are there any OSD options on these monitors for display settings?

And grats on the new monitors, im jealous /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sad:' />
Sounds almost like a refresh rate issue, are the display settings for the problematic the same as the other two? Are there any OSD options on these monitors for display settings?

And grats on the new monitors, im jealous /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sad:' />

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Test rig::P9X79::i7-3820: Gskills 8gb::EVGA GTX 670SC SLI
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Opinions expressed here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of NVIDIA
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/22/2012 04:33 AM   
They are all the same monitors, all the same settings and its not dependent on one monitor in particular, it seems to be whichever monitor is connected to the second GPU. After some reading it looks like a lot of people have had this issue with no answer (at least posted). I've tried the latest 2 stable drivers as well without success.
They are all the same monitors, all the same settings and its not dependent on one monitor in particular, it seems to be whichever monitor is connected to the second GPU. After some reading it looks like a lot of people have had this issue with no answer (at least posted). I've tried the latest 2 stable drivers as well without success.

Posted 03/22/2012 07:10 PM   
We had an older issue that is somewhat related but that was fixed in the 295 branch, Can you send us your EDID info, DXDIAG/MSINFO32, either PM or attach here, Ill get a bug report filed against this to see if we can repro it in house.
We had an older issue that is somewhat related but that was fixed in the 295 branch, Can you send us your EDID info, DXDIAG/MSINFO32, either PM or attach here, Ill get a bug report filed against this to see if we can repro it in house.

Home::Asus P8Z68 Deluxe::i7 2600k::16g Corsair Vengeance::Samsung 830 120gb SSD(OS)::GTX 690/GTX650Ti Physx :Asus AE247H x3 Surround.
Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread, I sometimes forget to check all of the many ones I reply to.
Email Support:::Beta & Archived Driver Search:::Browser TDR Survey:::Promo Code Tips

Posted 03/22/2012 09:38 PM   
After reading some other threads I tried a few things:

1) uninstalling Realtek LAN driver (didn't work)
2) using custom resolution to make sure all 3 were running same resolution (also didn't work)

Interesting to me is that when I go to the Activate All Displays mode it sets them at various refresh rates and color depth.
Also, I can't set it to 120hz AND 32bit only 110hz and 32bit or 120hz and 16bit ? when in this mode.

I did the DxDiag output when in surround mode
I ran the MSINFO32 when in the Activate All Displays mode
I did the EDID when in the Activate All Displays mode
Also attached is a screenshot of the control panel

Thank you for your help, this goes a long way in my book. I have been an nvidia fan-boy since the 6800 GT and this only confirms it. I really hope I can get this sorted out.

UPDATE: Removed attachments
After reading some other threads I tried a few things:

1) uninstalling Realtek LAN driver (didn't work)

2) using custom resolution to make sure all 3 were running same resolution (also didn't work)

Interesting to me is that when I go to the Activate All Displays mode it sets them at various refresh rates and color depth.

Also, I can't set it to 120hz AND 32bit only 110hz and 32bit or 120hz and 16bit ? when in this mode.

I did the DxDiag output when in surround mode

I ran the MSINFO32 when in the Activate All Displays mode

I did the EDID when in the Activate All Displays mode

Also attached is a screenshot of the control panel

Thank you for your help, this goes a long way in my book. I have been an nvidia fan-boy since the 6800 GT and this only confirms it. I really hope I can get this sorted out.

UPDATE: Removed attachments

Posted 03/23/2012 12:42 AM   
I found the culprit, it was the SLI Bridge, as soon as I switched it for another it worked fine. I'm a bit ashamed that I hadn't tried that first but oh well. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Josh@NVIDIA, thank you for your help and would-be-help I greatly appreciate it.
I found the culprit, it was the SLI Bridge, as soon as I switched it for another it worked fine. I'm a bit ashamed that I hadn't tried that first but oh well. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Josh@NVIDIA, thank you for your help and would-be-help I greatly appreciate it.

Posted 03/23/2012 02:46 PM   
Hi: where did you get a threeway sli plug/ribbon? I found one i had but it has three plugs with a set of another three plugs next to it and won't plug into my cards. trying to do the 3 way surround thang...
Hi: where did you get a threeway sli plug/ribbon? I found one i had but it has three plugs with a set of another three plugs next to it and won't plug into my cards. trying to do the 3 way surround thang...

Posted 03/24/2012 10:11 PM   
Hey, Sorry for the late reply, was out of town friday till today. Glad you figured it out!
Hey, Sorry for the late reply, was out of town friday till today. Glad you figured it out!

Posted 03/26/2012 07:01 AM   
[quote name='moondog777' date='24 March 2012 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1332627119' post='1387459']
[/quote]

You usally get the SLI BRidge with your MotherBoard.. Was you board 3-way SLI capable??
[quote name='moondog777' date='24 March 2012 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1332627119' post='1387459']

You usally get the SLI BRidge with your MotherBoard.. Was you board 3-way SLI capable??

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5GHZ / Asus P8Z68-V / eVGA 590GTX / 3 - Acer X1261P Projectors / 3-45" Screens wScreenGoo / TrackIR / HOTAS Cougar / Cougar MFD's

Posted 03/26/2012 11:10 AM   
first of all here is my systeam

i7 3360x 3.30ghz sandy bridge
2x asus gtx 590
intel DX79SI motherboard
16gb ddr3 @ 4200ghz
2x 250gb ocz agility 3 hard drive(raid 0)
realtek highdefinitin audio
win7 home premium 64 bit operating systeam
alienware area 51 ALX case
alienware area 51 aLX cpu liquid cooling systeam
alienware area 51 ALX 1100watt power suply
alienware tact x mouse keyboard

im using this pc with 3x new Asus VG278H 3D vision 2 lightboost monitor.

i realy happy with my 3d vision 2 monitors but also my monitors going black while entering game(mostly bf3) but at this moment i have more serius problems with my new pc.i post it several forums but no answer or info for now on.
Ahh before forget to say these 3 monitor is my second pair.First 3 asus VG278H goes back to asus .Big white holes at middle screen.which was posted nvidia forums before so carefull if you thinking to but this monitors.Becouse the white holes coming visible after 1 or 2 days.
first of all here is my systeam

i7 3360x 3.30ghz sandy bridge

2x asus gtx 590

intel DX79SI motherboard

16gb ddr3 @ 4200ghz

2x 250gb ocz agility 3 hard drive(raid 0)

realtek highdefinitin audio

win7 home premium 64 bit operating systeam

alienware area 51 ALX case

alienware area 51 aLX cpu liquid cooling systeam

alienware area 51 ALX 1100watt power suply

alienware tact x mouse keyboard

im using this pc with 3x new Asus VG278H 3D vision 2 lightboost monitor.

i realy happy with my 3d vision 2 monitors but also my monitors going black while entering game(mostly bf3) but at this moment i have more serius problems with my new pc.i post it several forums but no answer or info for now on.

Ahh before forget to say these 3 monitor is my second pair.First 3 asus VG278H goes back to asus .Big white holes at middle screen.which was posted nvidia forums before so carefull if you thinking to but this monitors.Becouse the white holes coming visible after 1 or 2 days.

Posted 03/28/2012 03:52 PM   
Hi,

first off thanks for providing all your system details before anything else, though Im not 100% clear on what the issue is here.

[quote]my monitors going black while entering game(mostly bf3) but at this moment i have more serius problems with my new pc.i post it several forums but no answer or info for now o[/quote]

Could you please elaborate on the issue you are having?

Thanks
Hi,

first off thanks for providing all your system details before anything else, though Im not 100% clear on what the issue is here.

my monitors going black while entering game(mostly bf3) but at this moment i have more serius problems with my new pc.i post it several forums but no answer or info for now o

Could you please elaborate on the issue you are having?

Thanks

Posted 03/28/2012 10:45 PM   
problem is im not very happy with the gaming performance.im able to play bf3 medium grafic quality at 5241*1050 bezel coreccted.im dedicated woth gaming for along time but realy not dedicated with hardware /sofware so i got pro help for building it.last week after last driver 296.10 i got directx function error somethnk says renderer blaa blaa after that my windows experiance point goes 7.3 from 7.9(3d and gaming score)
i reinstall driver but my score is same 7.3 im playing same qualty gaming before medium at bf3 for ezample..also i tryd 3Dbencmark but pc keep geting shutdown or resting while trying so i give up.so im realy not sure maybe the performance of the systeam is normal for surround with 27 monitors.but i realy dont thnk so i realy no even try playing 3d mode after see my fps on ground at high grafic quality.when i get the games to ultra at same bezel corrected resulation instant game crash.please help me or give me info about the problems i have.there is 2 teori atm
1 is power suplly alienware 100w not enough
2 is home premium win 7 is crap
thanks for your time...
problem is im not very happy with the gaming performance.im able to play bf3 medium grafic quality at 5241*1050 bezel coreccted.im dedicated woth gaming for along time but realy not dedicated with hardware /sofware so i got pro help for building it.last week after last driver 296.10 i got directx function error somethnk says renderer blaa blaa after that my windows experiance point goes 7.3 from 7.9(3d and gaming score)

i reinstall driver but my score is same 7.3 im playing same qualty gaming before medium at bf3 for ezample..also i tryd 3Dbencmark but pc keep geting shutdown or resting while trying so i give up.so im realy not sure maybe the performance of the systeam is normal for surround with 27 monitors.but i realy dont thnk so i realy no even try playing 3d mode after see my fps on ground at high grafic quality.when i get the games to ultra at same bezel corrected resulation instant game crash.please help me or give me info about the problems i have.there is 2 teori atm

1 is power suplly alienware 100w not enough

2 is home premium win 7 is crap

thanks for your time...

Posted 03/28/2012 11:36 PM   
problem is still cont// for me.Im trying furmark at 5760 1080 all screens going black after 1 or 2 secs.Cant do anythnink after that time only chance reset.also pushing me crash bf3 after 10 15 min game play.when i buyd 2x gtx590 and 3x vg278h though its gonna be the best experience but nothing worrks for me.with quad sli gtx 590 3360x cpu i was think i can maximize bf3 but i can only play in low setting.please help me
problem is still cont// for me.Im trying furmark at 5760 1080 all screens going black after 1 or 2 secs.Cant do anythnink after that time only chance reset.also pushing me crash bf3 after 10 15 min game play.when i buyd 2x gtx590 and 3x vg278h though its gonna be the best experience but nothing worrks for me.with quad sli gtx 590 3360x cpu i was think i can maximize bf3 but i can only play in low setting.please help me

Posted 04/06/2012 04:20 PM   
Check your PSU. It's not 100W, you would likely not be able to start your comp on that. :) I'm guessing you need somewhere in the range of 750-1000W to run your rig. More if you run triple or quad SLI.

BF3 is a very demanding game. Just running it with everything maxed on 2D 1920x1080 is nearly impossible at decent FPS. In 3D + 5760x1080 you need [b]6 times[/b] as much processing power. (More or less...) With 2, 3 or 4 GPUs in SLI your bottleneck might very easily be your CPU. Overclocking is pretty much a necessity. Try to scare it up to the 4.3-4.5Ghz range if possible.
Check your PSU. It's not 100W, you would likely not be able to start your comp on that. :) I'm guessing you need somewhere in the range of 750-1000W to run your rig. More if you run triple or quad SLI.

BF3 is a very demanding game. Just running it with everything maxed on 2D 1920x1080 is nearly impossible at decent FPS. In 3D + 5760x1080 you need 6 times as much processing power. (More or less...) With 2, 3 or 4 GPUs in SLI your bottleneck might very easily be your CPU. Overclocking is pretty much a necessity. Try to scare it up to the 4.3-4.5Ghz range if possible.

Asus P8P67 EVO, RAM: 24GB, i5 2500k, GTX690, 3xAcer GD245HQ, Windows 7 64-bit

Posted 04/13/2012 10:59 AM   
Scroll To Top