Skyrim 3D Vision compability Guide - need help Nexus Mod is working but shadows are still rendered i
  1 / 2    
Hi,

I've just installed Nexus 3D Vision compability guide and all the HUD elements and crosshair are in 3D finally. The sky and stars are now rendered in the correct depth but all shadows remain in 2D and really gives an eye strain to play this game with shadows in 2D, very annoying. Is there a way to fix that, to make shadows work in 3D?

I thought this mod would make Skyrim 3D Vision Ready, but having tons of shadows in 2D really kills the 3D experience. This game does look amazing in 3D, it's a pity I have no idea how to play it and what do do? I think I'll just explore the scenario and enviroment.

I am using the high resolution texture pack + lush trees + werewolves mod + 3D Vision compability guide. If there's any other mod that really adds a lot to 3D and graphics enhancement, please let me know and I'll try that for sure. Right now, I really would like to know a mod that makes shadows work in 3D. If I can't make shadows work in 3D, I don't see any options to turn it off, only to decrease shadows quality to low or medium, but they would still be rendered in 2D.
Hi,

I've just installed Nexus 3D Vision compability guide and all the HUD elements and crosshair are in 3D finally. The sky and stars are now rendered in the correct depth but all shadows remain in 2D and really gives an eye strain to play this game with shadows in 2D, very annoying. Is there a way to fix that, to make shadows work in 3D?

I thought this mod would make Skyrim 3D Vision Ready, but having tons of shadows in 2D really kills the 3D experience. This game does look amazing in 3D, it's a pity I have no idea how to play it and what do do? I think I'll just explore the scenario and enviroment.

I am using the high resolution texture pack + lush trees + werewolves mod + 3D Vision compability guide. If there's any other mod that really adds a lot to 3D and graphics enhancement, please let me know and I'll try that for sure. Right now, I really would like to know a mod that makes shadows work in 3D. If I can't make shadows work in 3D, I don't see any options to turn it off, only to decrease shadows quality to low or medium, but they would still be rendered in 2D.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 03/21/2012 03:54 AM   
Newest beta update screws it up I hear. If you can revert do so.
Newest beta update screws it up I hear. If you can revert do so.
No offense, but do you bother reading any other threads before you started a new one? As stated in the big Skyrim thread, the new 1.5 Skyrim patch broke shadows in 3D.
No offense, but do you bother reading any other threads before you started a new one? As stated in the big Skyrim thread, the new 1.5 Skyrim patch broke shadows in 3D.

Posted 03/21/2012 04:00 AM   
Sorry, but I really don't have time to read all threads you know. I know there's a thread about Skyrim in this forum, 44 pages til now, so I really don't have time to go though that and that's why I ask you guys for some help.

I realized that Steam has just made an update for Skyrim, a few hours ago, is that the 1.5 Skyrim patch you guys are talking about? It's the second time I play this game and actually I felt weired about the shadows cause I didn't paied attention to that the 1st time I played this game and now it makes sense, before this steam update, the shadows were working in 3D. Thanks for letting me know that it's a new bug.

Let's hope Helix and other pro moders find some time and knowledge to override this issue and make shadows work in 3D again. It sucks that I can't disable shadows in the game's menu, this issue must be fixed I guess.

BTW, I have just read the last pages of Skyrim thread but I coudn't find a resoanable explanation in how to revert back to version 1.4, So I'll have shadows working again in 3D. Is there a way to revert back to the older version???? I really would like to know that. I wish I knew this before so I would have unchecked the option keep Skyrim updated in Steam settings.
Sorry, but I really don't have time to read all threads you know. I know there's a thread about Skyrim in this forum, 44 pages til now, so I really don't have time to go though that and that's why I ask you guys for some help.

I realized that Steam has just made an update for Skyrim, a few hours ago, is that the 1.5 Skyrim patch you guys are talking about? It's the second time I play this game and actually I felt weired about the shadows cause I didn't paied attention to that the 1st time I played this game and now it makes sense, before this steam update, the shadows were working in 3D. Thanks for letting me know that it's a new bug.

Let's hope Helix and other pro moders find some time and knowledge to override this issue and make shadows work in 3D again. It sucks that I can't disable shadows in the game's menu, this issue must be fixed I guess.

BTW, I have just read the last pages of Skyrim thread but I coudn't find a resoanable explanation in how to revert back to version 1.4, So I'll have shadows working again in 3D. Is there a way to revert back to the older version???? I really would like to know that. I wish I knew this before so I would have unchecked the option keep Skyrim updated in Steam settings.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 03/21/2012 04:18 AM   
Here. Arioch seperated it earlier in a post. Put this in your SHADEROVERRIDE/PIXELSHADERS folder.
No shadows.

This works too.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=215250&view=findpost&p=1385595
Here. Arioch seperated it earlier in a post. Put this in your SHADEROVERRIDE/PIXELSHADERS folder.

No shadows.

This works too.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=215250&view=findpost&p=1385595
Attachments

DD4E031.txt

Eqzitara, thanks for helping out, I really appreciate that.

So, this file you sent me I should put in the SHADEROVERRIDE/PIXELSHADERS folder that comes with 3D Vision compability guide, correct?

So, this is not a fix to the shadows making it work in 3D again, this file just disables shadows, right?

Once I get home I'll try that for sure. Thank you so much.

Let's now Hope that Helix and other talented modders find time to add to the 3D Vision compability guide some file that will make shadows work in 3D. As far as I know the developer, Bethesda, doesn't give a flying crap about 3D, so we're definatelly relying on the modders out there to overcome this annoying issue.
Eqzitara, thanks for helping out, I really appreciate that.

So, this file you sent me I should put in the SHADEROVERRIDE/PIXELSHADERS folder that comes with 3D Vision compability guide, correct?

So, this is not a fix to the shadows making it work in 3D again, this file just disables shadows, right?

Once I get home I'll try that for sure. Thank you so much.

Let's now Hope that Helix and other talented modders find time to add to the 3D Vision compability guide some file that will make shadows work in 3D. As far as I know the developer, Bethesda, doesn't give a flying crap about 3D, so we're definatelly relying on the modders out there to overcome this annoying issue.

Posted 03/21/2012 01:19 PM   
Change the text inside that file to say:

ps_3_0

Apparently the letters need to be lower case or the file won't work.
Change the text inside that file to say:

ps_3_0

Apparently the letters need to be lower case or the file won't work.

Posted 03/21/2012 02:19 PM   
whoops did it real fast before I fell asleep.
whoops did it real fast before I fell asleep.
That's a b@st@rd. Updated Steam client. Skyrim is now updating. It seems to have reset the 'Do not keep this game up to date option'. Downloading now. I will miss those grainy shadows - oh well :(

edit

Yup! That's ruined my Skyrim.
That's a b@st@rd. Updated Steam client. Skyrim is now updating. It seems to have reset the 'Do not keep this game up to date option'. Downloading now. I will miss those grainy shadows - oh well :(

edit

Yup! That's ruined my Skyrim.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

GameGrade 3D
Helix Mod - community fixes
Ramblings of a 3D Gamer (3D Reviews/Tweaks)
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 03/21/2012 09:58 PM   
The only way to restore is if you manually went in and made a backup. Even if you rush in as soon as Steam starts and turn the 'auto update' off before it starts downloading you'll still get burned because Steam deletes the TESV.exe before it even starts downloading.

That's one BIG problem with Steam, IMHO. There's no mechanism to revert. I guess that's a good thing for PvP games where an exploit is fixed but, in a game like this? Very not good.
The only way to restore is if you manually went in and made a backup. Even if you rush in as soon as Steam starts and turn the 'auto update' off before it starts downloading you'll still get burned because Steam deletes the TESV.exe before it even starts downloading.

That's one BIG problem with Steam, IMHO. There's no mechanism to revert. I guess that's a good thing for PvP games where an exploit is fixed but, in a game like this? Very not good.

Posted 03/21/2012 11:39 PM   
There MAY be a way to fix this if its shader related without rewriting shadows. Need someone to make a zip of there DUMP folder BEFORE update and AFTER(dump folder will be in same directory as d3d9.dll after launching game). You have to start game and get into game, you know like able to move character around before zipping dump folder. Put this in same directory you put your d3d9.dll (it will need to replace it.) I dont have skyrim anymore so I can't. Maybe someone can figure out what code changed in shadows and just override it with old code.
There MAY be a way to fix this if its shader related without rewriting shadows. Need someone to make a zip of there DUMP folder BEFORE update and AFTER(dump folder will be in same directory as d3d9.dll after launching game). You have to start game and get into game, you know like able to move character around before zipping dump folder. Put this in same directory you put your d3d9.dll (it will need to replace it.) I dont have skyrim anymore so I can't. Maybe someone can figure out what code changed in shadows and just override it with old code.
Attachments

Debug(3).zip

I can do that! Run a bit with the old system.... rename the dump folder... update... run under 1.5... throw up for a while... done!

[attachment=24895:Dumps.zip]

That's just about it for my board quota. The screenshots I uploaded almost two years back still count against me. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />
I can do that! Run a bit with the old system.... rename the dump folder... update... run under 1.5... throw up for a while... done!

[attachment=24895:Dumps.zip]

That's just about it for my board quota. The screenshots I uploaded almost two years back still count against me. /pinch.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pinch:' />
Attachments

Dumps.zip

Posted 03/22/2012 04:10 AM   
Zloth thanks for uploading the dumps but is there any chance you could elaborate on what do do with them? I have tried what eqzitara said but I don't see a dumps folder in my skyrim directory either before, during or after launch. I can see the pixelshaders and vertexshaders folders in the shader override directory but when I tried to replace these all it did was revert the menus and hud back to 2d and did nothing for the shadows. Am I correct in thinking the shader override directory is also only there as a result of the 3dvision complete compatability mod? Please help, since I got used to 3d gaming, 2d just doesn't seem to cut it anymore!
Zloth thanks for uploading the dumps but is there any chance you could elaborate on what do do with them? I have tried what eqzitara said but I don't see a dumps folder in my skyrim directory either before, during or after launch. I can see the pixelshaders and vertexshaders folders in the shader override directory but when I tried to replace these all it did was revert the menus and hud back to 2d and did nothing for the shadows. Am I correct in thinking the shader override directory is also only there as a result of the 3dvision complete compatability mod? Please help, since I got used to 3d gaming, 2d just doesn't seem to cut it anymore!

Posted 03/22/2012 12:26 PM   
Yes, me to, I would like to have shadows fixed and working in 3D just like before. If someone figure out a way or where to place and how to use this Dump folder that Zloth have just provided us that would be great. Looking foward to that.
Yes, me to, I would like to have shadows fixed and working in 3D just like before. If someone figure out a way or where to place and how to use this Dump folder that Zloth have just provided us that would be great. Looking foward to that.

Posted 03/22/2012 02:07 PM   
Skyrim is now dead to me :(
Skyrim is now dead to me :(

Posted 03/22/2012 05:41 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top