GTX 560 ti (OC) Problems
Awhile back I had a problem that I noticed not only I had but a lot of other people with the same card had. The problem was that my GTX 560 TI would just stop working, kernel error and such. I'm sure a lot of you know the drill. I asked around on ANY possible ways to fix it, there was one person that told me to underclock it. I did and it worked. (Thank you again whomever that was for your great help) I underclocked my overclocked graphics card (which I bought OC from the stores) and everything was fine until recently....

Recently whilst playing games OR watching youtube my graphics card wouldn't just 'stop working' it would come up pink and flickery. I knew my graphics card wasn't trying to tell me what sex it was so I double checked to make sure it was still underclocked... it was, and the problem is happening more and more. I have ran out of things to do to fix it. I did read around about updating the BIOs but I'm not sure how to do that, I don't have a floppy drive or floppy disk and I'm not even sure if that will work... any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Awhile back I had a problem that I noticed not only I had but a lot of other people with the same card had. The problem was that my GTX 560 TI would just stop working, kernel error and such. I'm sure a lot of you know the drill. I asked around on ANY possible ways to fix it, there was one person that told me to underclock it. I did and it worked. (Thank you again whomever that was for your great help) I underclocked my overclocked graphics card (which I bought OC from the stores) and everything was fine until recently....

Recently whilst playing games OR watching youtube my graphics card wouldn't just 'stop working' it would come up pink and flickery. I knew my graphics card wasn't trying to tell me what sex it was so I double checked to make sure it was still underclocked... it was, and the problem is happening more and more. I have ran out of things to do to fix it. I did read around about updating the BIOs but I'm not sure how to do that, I don't have a floppy drive or floppy disk and I'm not even sure if that will work... any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Posted 03/20/2012 12:23 PM   
after your screen become pink,
did the TDR`s notice come out ?or the whole computer is freeze ?
after your screen become pink,

did the TDR`s notice come out ?or the whole computer is freeze ?

GIGABYTE GTX560 T1 (GV-N560OC-1GI )

INTEL CORE I7 2600

GIGABYTE P67/4xDDR3/2xPCIE/ATX/B3

KINGSTON 2 GB 1333MHZ DDR3 RAM X 2

HP PAVILION F1703

WINDOW7 SP1

ON-BROAD SOUND CARD

LG DVDRW SATA BULK BLACK

HITACHI 2TB HDD

ANTEC 620C

COOLER MASTER RC311

Posted 03/20/2012 03:56 PM   
TBH, not sure what TDR is but when it went pink, everything was frozen. I had to turn off my pc from the power button.
TBH, not sure what TDR is but when it went pink, everything was frozen. I had to turn off my pc from the power button.

Posted 03/20/2012 03:59 PM   
sounds like my 560 ti problem also, except adding onto the pink screen, sometimes its yellow. On top of that, the bios updater doesn't recognize my window 7 so that's out of the question. In fact some older drives (such as 280) doesnt recognize my GPU either
sounds like my 560 ti problem also, except adding onto the pink screen, sometimes its yellow. On top of that, the bios updater doesn't recognize my window 7 so that's out of the question. In fact some older drives (such as 280) doesnt recognize my GPU either

Posted 03/20/2012 04:57 PM   
I'm kind of upset that I can't give this card back nor can I find answers for a fix. Even if someone said "there isn't a fix, you're in the same boat as everyone." Who put us on this cruise ship because I sure as hell didn't book a holiday. I am really angry that I have spent months (others too) after spending £160 on something that 'I' need to constantly try and fix and google, I didn't buy this card so that I can stress out. Is there any sort of compinsation. Explination? Apology from Nvidia? How can something like this be happening and no actual 'you could do this to fix it' FROM nvidia. Myself and others have probably posted on these forums and the only help they are getting is from other people with the same problems...not actual Nvidia.

Help us, someone.
I'm kind of upset that I can't give this card back nor can I find answers for a fix. Even if someone said "there isn't a fix, you're in the same boat as everyone." Who put us on this cruise ship because I sure as hell didn't book a holiday. I am really angry that I have spent months (others too) after spending £160 on something that 'I' need to constantly try and fix and google, I didn't buy this card so that I can stress out. Is there any sort of compinsation. Explination? Apology from Nvidia? How can something like this be happening and no actual 'you could do this to fix it' FROM nvidia. Myself and others have probably posted on these forums and the only help they are getting is from other people with the same problems...not actual Nvidia.

Help us, someone.

Posted 03/23/2012 07:10 AM   
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222815 <-- another person with the same problem. No fix and no attempt to explain by Nvidia.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=222815 <-- another person with the same problem. No fix and no attempt to explain by Nvidia.

Posted 03/23/2012 07:16 AM   
Same problem..
Da f*** ><
Same problem..

Da f*** ><

Posted 03/23/2012 07:18 AM   
Is there no fix for this at all? Has anyone got an answer? Anything that would help would be appreciated.
Is there no fix for this at all? Has anyone got an answer? Anything that would help would be appreciated.

Posted 03/29/2012 01:00 AM   
both 296.10 and 295 drivers would crash my 560ti, giving me 4-5 BSOD's a day when i would play BF3 or surf youtube. I installed 285.62 driver and havent had a BSOD in 3 days now so I think i fixed that issue. I personally recommend 285.62 driver for 560ti's
both 296.10 and 295 drivers would crash my 560ti, giving me 4-5 BSOD's a day when i would play BF3 or surf youtube. I installed 285.62 driver and havent had a BSOD in 3 days now so I think i fixed that issue. I personally recommend 285.62 driver for 560ti's

Posted 03/30/2012 06:29 PM   
I have just come across a problem with the same graphics card (Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI), just a few hours ago.
However, my PC wouldn't even boot with the card (no display at all).
My motherboard works well because I installed my old Radeon 5000 back in.
It seems that the latest Nvidia driver (296.10) has damaged my GPU, Please can anyone subjest anything? because I'm not happy /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />
I have just come across a problem with the same graphics card (Gigabyte GV-N560OC-1GI), just a few hours ago.

However, my PC wouldn't even boot with the card (no display at all).

My motherboard works well because I installed my old Radeon 5000 back in.

It seems that the latest Nvidia driver (296.10) has damaged my GPU, Please can anyone subjest anything? because I'm not happy /verymad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':verymad:' />

Posted 04/01/2012 07:34 PM   
If your games and testing programs (basically any video intensive application) are locking up the computer, even the keyboard, and you have to do a hard reboot to get it running, one very important thing to do is make sure your ram is getting enough volts. Sometimes you have to manually increase the voltage from the manufacturer's default to what the memory cards were designed for. Look up the specs for your memory cards on the Net and see what they state your memory (Ram ) volts are rated for ( probably 1.65V ) In the BIOS SETTINGS , it’s probably set for 1.5V, which will cause instability with memory if not changed. This can cause a LOT of problems if it ‘s not set right.
I tried EVERYTHING mentioned in these and other forums to fix my computer crashing and nothing worked until I found a post regarding this problem. Took me 5 months to get it figured out. Went into the BIOS, changed the ram operating voltage and now the system is operating beautifully.
If your games and testing programs (basically any video intensive application) are locking up the computer, even the keyboard, and you have to do a hard reboot to get it running, one very important thing to do is make sure your ram is getting enough volts. Sometimes you have to manually increase the voltage from the manufacturer's default to what the memory cards were designed for. Look up the specs for your memory cards on the Net and see what they state your memory (Ram ) volts are rated for ( probably 1.65V ) In the BIOS SETTINGS , it’s probably set for 1.5V, which will cause instability with memory if not changed. This can cause a LOT of problems if it ‘s not set right.

I tried EVERYTHING mentioned in these and other forums to fix my computer crashing and nothing worked until I found a post regarding this problem. Took me 5 months to get it figured out. Went into the BIOS, changed the ram operating voltage and now the system is operating beautifully.

Posted 04/01/2012 07:46 PM   
Scroll To Top