8800 GTX wont play my game?
I'm trying to play battlefield 3 and every time I try to load the game I get an error message:

Failed creating D3D device of at least version 10.0 on adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM vii)” with driver “Unknown’. Error is DXGI..ERROR_UNSUPPORTED (“Unsupported.).
This is typically caused by not having the minimum required DirectX support in the GPU.
For NVIDLA GPUs, OirectX 10.0 support is required.
For AMD and GPUs from other vendors DirectX 10.1 support is required.

I know I'm running direct x 11 from typing in dxdiag into 'run'. I have the graphics card described above, have a AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+, 3.0Ghz Dual Core Processor and 4gb of ram.

any ideas what i could do to fix it?
thank you in advance
I'm trying to play battlefield 3 and every time I try to load the game I get an error message:

Failed creating D3D device of at least version 10.0 on adapter NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM vii)” with driver “Unknown’. Error is DXGI..ERROR_UNSUPPORTED (“Unsupported.).

This is typically caused by not having the minimum required DirectX support in the GPU.

For NVIDLA GPUs, OirectX 10.0 support is required.

For AMD and GPUs from other vendors DirectX 10.1 support is required.

I know I'm running direct x 11 from typing in dxdiag into 'run'. I have the graphics card described above, have a AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+, 3.0Ghz Dual Core Processor and 4gb of ram.

any ideas what i could do to fix it?

thank you in advance

Posted 03/20/2012 07:53 AM   
hia m8 try updating your video driver for your 8800gtx and try running the game with default settings have a look for a safe mode to run the game with
also worth a try is to update your direct x runtimes too
also just to point out i dont know if u already know this but the 8800gtx is a dx 9 and dx10 card only. will not run dx11 games so run bf3 in dx 9 for best performance.just had aniother look at your post i would say update your direct x runtimes use the 1 of the disk for bf3 and update ur video card drivers

crashzilla
hia m8 try updating your video driver for your 8800gtx and try running the game with default settings have a look for a safe mode to run the game with

also worth a try is to update your direct x runtimes too

also just to point out i dont know if u already know this but the 8800gtx is a dx 9 and dx10 card only. will not run dx11 games so run bf3 in dx 9 for best performance.just had aniother look at your post i would say update your direct x runtimes use the 1 of the disk for bf3 and update ur video card drivers

crashzilla

NVIDIA SLI GAMER ALL THE WAY

system specs:

new rig is here

case:Coolermaster haf x

CPU:core i7 3930k (at stock for now till i find safe vcores)

ram:16GB Corsair vengeance red ram 1866mhz

Video cards:GTX 580's in sli

cpu cooler: Corsair H100

psu:Enermax platimax 1500w

Bit Fenix cables

dvd/bluray:Sony Blu ray writer

Windows:Windows 7 ultimate SP1 64Bit

this rig has recently died due to faulty psu waiting for rma:

it destroyed my mobo everything else is all ok thankfully

case: coolermaster HAFX case

mobo: asus striker 2 formula 780i republic of gamers board

cpu: intel e8400 @ 4.2ghz @1.3625volts. water cooled with corsair h70 cpu cooler

memory: 8GB of corsair xms2 twin2x pc8500(1066)running at about 1050mhz due to cpu overclock still over a ghz in speed still nice n fast :)

soundcard: supremeFx2(came with mobo)

graphics: 2x evga GTX580's in sli mode none overclocked vanilla boards(DX11 gaming has arrived)

dvd/cdrom: sony optiarc blu-ray writer 12x speed

psu: silverstone 1500w 4 way sli ready

windows: windows 7 ultimate 64bit sp1

Posted 03/26/2012 10:39 AM   
Scroll To Top