GeForce GTX 680 SLI Performance Uncovered
From GURU3D.com:

[quote]

VrZone posted a performance-preview of the GeForce GTX 680 in 2-way SLI configuration. A set of two GTX 680 cards were put through 3DMark 11 in Entry, Performance, and eXtreme presets.

The cards were clocked at 1150 MHz core, and 1803 MHz (7.20 GHz effective) memory.

In the Entry preset of the benchmark GTX 680 2-way SLI scored E22878; it scored P16860 in Performance preset; and X6243 in eXtreme. 2-way SLI of GTX 680 should be fit for 2560x1440/1600 resolution gaming. The rest of the test-bench consisted of Intel Core i7-3930K six-core processor clocked at 5.00 GHz, with 16 GB of quad-channel DDR3-2133 MHz memory, and ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

[/quote]

For source and screen grabs of benchies, click below:

[url="http://www.guru3d.com/news/geforce-gtx-680-sli-performance-uncovered/"]http://www.guru3d.co...ance-uncovered/[/url]

~Nutz

EDIT:

Just a thought on numbers as it pertains to model numbers and truly groundbreaking/impression making hardware.

680 - Remembering the feeling of unpacking and installing that very first Foxconn produced, EVGA Distributed, and Nvidia Chipset powered 680iSLI Platform is one that always brings that giddy "christmas morning" feeling. That said, the number now belongs to a (hopefully) similar class of upcoming NV based GPUs. They say, what's in a name? I say what's in a number? The ability to sway a movement, that's what .. as just prior to this platform Intel was suffering at the hands of AMDs "FX" series and Nvidia has started to make products that would forever change the PC gaming market, aquiring 3DFX allowed them to reimagine an idea that was only experienced by the very upper crust of early adopters, SLI. While changing what the acronym breaks down to, the general idea stays the same.. "more GPU power makes for better performing, and more importantly, better LOOKING games and animation etc.." It wouldn't take long to make SLI affordable and beneficial to allow for a broader range of PC gamers to enjoy games at least a generation ahead of current consoles.

That said, AMD is enjoying it's last days as the only game in town for next gen GPU tech, funny how their current #ing scheme makes me think of NV's 7 series GPU's, while quite cool and the first series to take on dual GPU cards, aka the 7900GX2. Now, i remember (and own) the biggest players in the 7 series as collectables, but while 7800/7900GTX's were kick ass cards, once the 8800GTX reared it's beastly hooves the seven series quickly faded into oblivion, being over-shadowed quite completely by it's seemingly endless performing 8800 series big boys.

That feeling is with me, the 7 series AMD cards are about to bow down to the Green Team and "know their place" in the GPU heirarchy, I don't hink even their upcoming dual GPU solution (7990?) will be able to steal the thunder from the "fashionably late but kicking ass to the front of the line" true king of graphics cards, our own Nvidia ..

Any one else as "nutz" as I am about things such as this?

Oh, and BTW, you might call it "OCD" or "Fanboyism," this couldn't be furthur from the truth and how dare you insinuate!

It is, in fact, a VERY healthy and happy combo of the 2 quirks in one nice "overly neat and very green" package. And to think people thought since I am 100% italian that I had no appreciation for Saint Patty's day, I celebrate in green all year around, needing no special day to enjoy my love of green graphics gear.

So take that! Mr McPhee! Oh, and, yeah, AMD sucks .. forgot that part

(You know I appreciate the healthy competition from the red team, as long as they know their place as I said above)

~Nutz -Out -
From GURU3D.com:

VrZone posted a performance-preview of the GeForce GTX 680 in 2-way SLI configuration. A set of two GTX 680 cards were put through 3DMark 11 in Entry, Performance, and eXtreme presets.

The cards were clocked at 1150 MHz core, and 1803 MHz (7.20 GHz effective) memory.

In the Entry preset of the benchmark GTX 680 2-way SLI scored E22878; it scored P16860 in Performance preset; and X6243 in eXtreme. 2-way SLI of GTX 680 should be fit for 2560x1440/1600 resolution gaming. The rest of the test-bench consisted of Intel Core i7-3930K six-core processor clocked at 5.00 GHz, with 16 GB of quad-channel DDR3-2133 MHz memory, and ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme motherboard.

For source and screen grabs of benchies, click below:

http://www.guru3d.co...ance-uncovered/

~Nutz

EDIT:

Just a thought on numbers as it pertains to model numbers and truly groundbreaking/impression making hardware.

680 - Remembering the feeling of unpacking and installing that very first Foxconn produced, EVGA Distributed, and Nvidia Chipset powered 680iSLI Platform is one that always brings that giddy "christmas morning" feeling. That said, the number now belongs to a (hopefully) similar class of upcoming NV based GPUs. They say, what's in a name? I say what's in a number? The ability to sway a movement, that's what .. as just prior to this platform Intel was suffering at the hands of AMDs "FX" series and Nvidia has started to make products that would forever change the PC gaming market, aquiring 3DFX allowed them to reimagine an idea that was only experienced by the very upper crust of early adopters, SLI. While changing what the acronym breaks down to, the general idea stays the same.. "more GPU power makes for better performing, and more importantly, better LOOKING games and animation etc.." It wouldn't take long to make SLI affordable and beneficial to allow for a broader range of PC gamers to enjoy games at least a generation ahead of current consoles.

That said, AMD is enjoying it's last days as the only game in town for next gen GPU tech, funny how their current #ing scheme makes me think of NV's 7 series GPU's, while quite cool and the first series to take on dual GPU cards, aka the 7900GX2. Now, i remember (and own) the biggest players in the 7 series as collectables, but while 7800/7900GTX's were kick ass cards, once the 8800GTX reared it's beastly hooves the seven series quickly faded into oblivion, being over-shadowed quite completely by it's seemingly endless performing 8800 series big boys.

That feeling is with me, the 7 series AMD cards are about to bow down to the Green Team and "know their place" in the GPU heirarchy, I don't hink even their upcoming dual GPU solution (7990?) will be able to steal the thunder from the "fashionably late but kicking ass to the front of the line" true king of graphics cards, our own Nvidia ..

Any one else as "nutz" as I am about things such as this?

Oh, and BTW, you might call it "OCD" or "Fanboyism," this couldn't be furthur from the truth and how dare you insinuate!

It is, in fact, a VERY healthy and happy combo of the 2 quirks in one nice "overly neat and very green" package. And to think people thought since I am 100% italian that I had no appreciation for Saint Patty's day, I celebrate in green all year around, needing no special day to enjoy my love of green graphics gear.

So take that! Mr McPhee! Oh, and, yeah, AMD sucks .. forgot that part

(You know I appreciate the healthy competition from the red team, as long as they know their place as I said above)

~Nutz -Out -

EVGA Classified - e760

Intel i7 980x @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

Corsair Dominator GT - 12GB @ 2000Mhz

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe

3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked in TriSLI

Clocks: ©800Mhz - (S)1598Mhz - (M)4053Mhz {E}

2x 150GB WD RaptorX in Raid 0

2x 1TB WD Black in Raid 0

2x Samsung DVD Burners

PC P&C T12W 1200w PSU

MPlay202+ System Control/Display

Custom Cooler Master Stacker 830

Vidikron Vision 150 DLP Projector 120"- 1080P

Samsung LN52B750 52" LCD HDTV

2x LG L227WG 22" LCDs

3D Vision - Driver ver. 1.23

Posted 03/19/2012 12:39 PM   
Dude, I know there is a lot of s*** in the Kepler thread, but this was posted in there few days ago /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Dude, I know there is a lot of s*** in the Kepler thread, but this was posted in there few days ago /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 03/19/2012 12:47 PM   
[quote name='RuffeDK' date='19 March 2012 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1332161237' post='1384879']
[/quote]

My bad, but I will say, (as long as we are speaking of the same thread) that the title is, in part, the "Kepler SPECULATION" thread..

This is not speculation based, these are hard numbers based in fact. The topic, to a newcomer, might be taken at face value and may be completely overlooked for a topic that is based solely on hard facts. I suppose you could argue that since the Kepler series isn't officialy released that ANY information gleamed, even from reliable sources such as GURU3D.com, could be considered speculation.

That said, having the trust I do in the validity of the information posted by them, I don't consider this data "speculation" and don't have a single bad thing to say about them. This is why even though I may be "in the know" on certain upcoming products based on my business relationships with companies like Nvidia, Intel, etc.. I would never post hearsay, no matter how "connected" the source is, especially because of various NDAs in place that could really take a bite out of my @$ should it be traced back to my "loose lips."

GURU has always confirmed the things I may already know in a tinely and accurate manor so once they post it, I feel comfortable posting it. Thusly the reason why I ONLY use GURU3D.com as a reliable source and not others that I don't know as intimately.

However, since I am no fan of producing multiple threads that rehash the same ideas and topics over and over, I will let the mods decide the fate of this thread. If maybe the title was changed to better reflect the "edit" part of my post .. say to something like:

" What's in a number? Hardware model numbers and their deduced/intended correlations "

I don't know, but thanks to bringing that to my attention!

I do apologize to any and all who's toes I may have stepped on.

IUm, so yeah, I've had a rough six-months - nearly died in a grease fire, my fiance took off one day with my 1yr old twin girls leaving me and my seven year old son very heartbroken and off-kilter to say the least, not that this is an excuse for not being thorough, it's just a reference to my state of mind is all. Concentrating on anything is next tto impossible when your heart has been ripped from your chest and then used as one of those "stress balls" just wringing the life right out of me, drip, drip, drip..

Anyway, yeah, sorry about that.

~Nutz
[quote name='RuffeDK' date='19 March 2012 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1332161237' post='1384879']

My bad, but I will say, (as long as we are speaking of the same thread) that the title is, in part, the "Kepler SPECULATION" thread..

This is not speculation based, these are hard numbers based in fact. The topic, to a newcomer, might be taken at face value and may be completely overlooked for a topic that is based solely on hard facts. I suppose you could argue that since the Kepler series isn't officialy released that ANY information gleamed, even from reliable sources such as GURU3D.com, could be considered speculation.

That said, having the trust I do in the validity of the information posted by them, I don't consider this data "speculation" and don't have a single bad thing to say about them. This is why even though I may be "in the know" on certain upcoming products based on my business relationships with companies like Nvidia, Intel, etc.. I would never post hearsay, no matter how "connected" the source is, especially because of various NDAs in place that could really take a bite out of my @$ should it be traced back to my "loose lips."

GURU has always confirmed the things I may already know in a tinely and accurate manor so once they post it, I feel comfortable posting it. Thusly the reason why I ONLY use GURU3D.com as a reliable source and not others that I don't know as intimately.

However, since I am no fan of producing multiple threads that rehash the same ideas and topics over and over, I will let the mods decide the fate of this thread. If maybe the title was changed to better reflect the "edit" part of my post .. say to something like:

" What's in a number? Hardware model numbers and their deduced/intended correlations "

I don't know, but thanks to bringing that to my attention!

I do apologize to any and all who's toes I may have stepped on.

IUm, so yeah, I've had a rough six-months - nearly died in a grease fire, my fiance took off one day with my 1yr old twin girls leaving me and my seven year old son very heartbroken and off-kilter to say the least, not that this is an excuse for not being thorough, it's just a reference to my state of mind is all. Concentrating on anything is next tto impossible when your heart has been ripped from your chest and then used as one of those "stress balls" just wringing the life right out of me, drip, drip, drip..

Anyway, yeah, sorry about that.

~Nutz

EVGA Classified - e760

Intel i7 980x @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

Corsair Dominator GT - 12GB @ 2000Mhz

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe

3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked in TriSLI

Clocks: ©800Mhz - (S)1598Mhz - (M)4053Mhz {E}

2x 150GB WD RaptorX in Raid 0

2x 1TB WD Black in Raid 0

2x Samsung DVD Burners

PC P&C T12W 1200w PSU

MPlay202+ System Control/Display

Custom Cooler Master Stacker 830

Vidikron Vision 150 DLP Projector 120"- 1080P

Samsung LN52B750 52" LCD HDTV

2x LG L227WG 22" LCDs

3D Vision - Driver ver. 1.23

Posted 03/19/2012 01:18 PM   
LOL, yeah I think the Mods should re-name the Kepler-thread 'Kepler discussion/flaming thread' XD

Benchies and hard numbers are better seen as seperated threads, but I doubt the Mods like it, when someone post 20 threads on the same topic /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I'm sorry to hear how things are going for ya'... You have always been with us, Nutz. Let's keep it that way /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />
LOL, yeah I think the Mods should re-name the Kepler-thread 'Kepler discussion/flaming thread' XD

Benchies and hard numbers are better seen as seperated threads, but I doubt the Mods like it, when someone post 20 threads on the same topic /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I'm sorry to hear how things are going for ya'... You have always been with us, Nutz. Let's keep it that way /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 03/19/2012 02:30 PM   
Let's keep all Kepler speculation in the main thread. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Everything is speculative until there's a product launch. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Amorphous
Let's keep all Kepler speculation in the main thread. /thanks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thanks:' />

Everything is speculative until there's a product launch. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Amorphous

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 03/19/2012 04:50 PM   
Scroll To Top