Problem with Driver Version: 296.10 The Driver Crashes On YouTube
  1 / 4    
Hello Everybody

Since Updating to 296.10, When I watch clips on YouTube the driver crashes ... The Screen Turns Pink ... and you could only move the mouse cursor but the computer doesn't respond to anything. And the only solution is to do a hard reset for the laptop ... only the last time it happened the driver was able to recover.

Are you aware of this ? and how can it be resolved ?

My laptop is the ASUS G74SX with 8GB of RAM and Windows 7 64 Bit

thank you very much !

P.S: It doesn't happen everytime I play A clip on YouTube ... But when it DOES HAPPEN, It's always happenning when the clip is about to start.
Hello Everybody

Since Updating to 296.10, When I watch clips on YouTube the driver crashes ... The Screen Turns Pink ... and you could only move the mouse cursor but the computer doesn't respond to anything. And the only solution is to do a hard reset for the laptop ... only the last time it happened the driver was able to recover.

Are you aware of this ? and how can it be resolved ?

My laptop is the ASUS G74SX with 8GB of RAM and Windows 7 64 Bit

thank you very much !

P.S: It doesn't happen everytime I play A clip on YouTube ... But when it DOES HAPPEN, It's always happenning when the clip is about to start.

Posted 03/18/2012 03:38 PM   
hey there.
ive got the same problems with youtube (720p/1080p) videos. monitor getting pink-dotted/pixeled and i have to force-restart.
got a asus gtx 560 ti top. intel i5 760 and 4 gb kingston ram.
hey there.

ive got the same problems with youtube (720p/1080p) videos. monitor getting pink-dotted/pixeled and i have to force-restart.

got a asus gtx 560 ti top. intel i5 760 and 4 gb kingston ram.

Posted 03/19/2012 08:44 AM   
I too have the same problem...
searched everywhere, some say its because of SAMSUNG monitor. But not sure..

I have Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, i5 2500K, 8 GB DDR3 corsair vengence,Cooler Master Extreme 700VA PSU.

Please help!!!!!!!!
I too have the same problem...

searched everywhere, some say its because of SAMSUNG monitor. But not sure..

I have Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560, Win 7 ultimate 64 bit, i5 2500K, 8 GB DDR3 corsair vengence,Cooler Master Extreme 700VA PSU.

Please help!!!!!!!!

Posted 03/19/2012 08:53 AM   
just unistall the 296.10 drivers and get the version which you had previously, Asus will soon update the drivers again to fix the issue, just get the older drivers.
just unistall the 296.10 drivers and get the version which you had previously, Asus will soon update the drivers again to fix the issue, just get the older drivers.

Posted 03/19/2012 10:46 AM   
The thing is that I didn't download the driver from ASUS's website... I downloaded them from here (Nvidia's website)

And I see that I'm not the only one having this glitch
The thing is that I didn't download the driver from ASUS's website... I downloaded them from here (Nvidia's website)

And I see that I'm not the only one having this glitch

Posted 03/19/2012 04:12 PM   
Hello everyone, I'm also having this problem,I don't think it's my hardware for two reasons.
One:It's only happening for me when I go fullscreen on YouTube.
Two:It never did this before I updated to the newest driver.

When and only when I go fullscreen does it happen, my screen turns pink with lines and dots everywhere, and if it recovers it says something close to "nvidia driver has stopped responding and has recovered", I can watch videos in the "small player" and in the "large player" but not fullscreen, and like I said, it's only happening on YouTube.
Hello everyone, I'm also having this problem,I don't think it's my hardware for two reasons.

One:It's only happening for me when I go fullscreen on YouTube.

Two:It never did this before I updated to the newest driver.

When and only when I go fullscreen does it happen, my screen turns pink with lines and dots everywhere, and if it recovers it says something close to "nvidia driver has stopped responding and has recovered", I can watch videos in the "small player" and in the "large player" but not fullscreen, and like I said, it's only happening on YouTube.

Posted 03/21/2012 02:35 AM   
Hello everyone,
We are aware of this issue when playing video in Youtube and is in process of investigating it. As soon as we can reproduce it, we'll fix it ASAP.

-GeforceDave
Hello everyone,

We are aware of this issue when playing video in Youtube and is in process of investigating it. As soon as we can reproduce it, we'll fix it ASAP.

-GeforceDave

NVIDIA Techical Support

Posted 03/21/2012 05:11 PM   
Hello Dave and thank you for your response

I'll be happy to provide any additional info that could help resolve this issue
Hello Dave and thank you for your response

I'll be happy to provide any additional info that could help resolve this issue

Posted 03/21/2012 06:02 PM   
I also would like to add to that problem. I'm using 485m gtx, my problem is that I can't play a game without the computer restarting. It happens all the time after I updated the driver from Nvidia. I'm very surprised right now. How could you let this happen? I knew about the pricing and I still paid for your company card. Now i can't even fix the thing. I uninstalled it and install the known to worked 3 times, system restored 2 times, non fixed my issue. Please don't make me wasted $2300 laptop with this silly issue.
I also would like to add to that problem. I'm using 485m gtx, my problem is that I can't play a game without the computer restarting. It happens all the time after I updated the driver from Nvidia. I'm very surprised right now. How could you let this happen? I knew about the pricing and I still paid for your company card. Now i can't even fix the thing. I uninstalled it and install the known to worked 3 times, system restored 2 times, non fixed my issue. Please don't make me wasted $2300 laptop with this silly issue.

Posted 03/21/2012 09:01 PM   
Yep now it's confirmed. I've got $2300 facebook machine. Just for installing the driver from its manufacturer website.
Yep now it's confirmed. I've got $2300 facebook machine. Just for installing the driver from its manufacturer website.

Posted 03/21/2012 09:15 PM   
I have problems with this driver, too - however, my problems are way different. o_O; Here's the link to my new thread, if any of you are interested: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225593
I have problems with this driver, too - however, my problems are way different. o_O; Here's the link to my new thread, if any of you are interested: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=225593

Asus G74SX-DH72 - Intel Core i7-2670QM @2.20.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - 16GB RAM.
GTX 560M 3GB.
Realtek on-board audio chipset.

Posted 03/22/2012 03:25 PM   
I'm not having the problem you're describing, besides the YouTube thing everything is fine here
I'm not having the problem you're describing, besides the YouTube thing everything is fine here

Posted 03/22/2012 03:32 PM   
Having the same issue, happened twice, both on vevo youtube 1080p fullscreen. GTX 560 i5 2500k 8gb vengeance RAM gigabyte board.
Having the same issue, happened twice, both on vevo youtube 1080p fullscreen. GTX 560 i5 2500k 8gb vengeance RAM gigabyte board.

Posted 03/23/2012 01:56 PM   
Same behavior here, lots of colors on the screen, after resuming from a PC stand-by.
MSI Twin Frozer II 560Ti (http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html)
Same behavior here, lots of colors on the screen, after resuming from a PC stand-by.

MSI Twin Frozer II 560Ti (http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N560GTX-Ti-Twin-Frozr-II-OC.html)

Posted 03/24/2012 06:34 AM   
Yup same problem here. I thought I had burnt out a transistor on my card or something. Whew. I noticed it's only happening with youtube videos that I put into 720p + mode and lo and behold everyone's getting the problem.
Asrock MB, i5 processor, 8GB corsair RAM, 560 GTX Ti card.
I'll try and roll back to a previous driver in the mean time.
Yup same problem here. I thought I had burnt out a transistor on my card or something. Whew. I noticed it's only happening with youtube videos that I put into 720p + mode and lo and behold everyone's getting the problem.

Asrock MB, i5 processor, 8GB corsair RAM, 560 GTX Ti card.

I'll try and roll back to a previous driver in the mean time.

Posted 03/24/2012 06:59 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top