Borderlands 2 Trying to win the "heart" of PC gamers. Wants you to take advantage, "Any
  1 / 2    
http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter?x

Well at least their making an effort.
I thought the first one was o.k. I never played it much though. I can never make time with my friends. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sad:' />
http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter?x

Well at least their making an effort.

I thought the first one was o.k. I never played it much though. I can never make time with my friends. /sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sad:' />

Posted 03/17/2012 03:26 AM   
It's great to see some PC love again. With a next gen 360 still not planned till next year, I am hoping a lot of other game developers do the same.

I loved the first Borderlands actually, and the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VBY1bkgPiJc"]launch date trailer[/url] already has me excited for the new one.
It's great to see some PC love again. With a next gen 360 still not planned till next year, I am hoping a lot of other game developers do the same.

I loved the first Borderlands actually, and the launch date trailer already has me excited for the new one.

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 03/17/2012 09:59 AM   
I like how they've followed Croteam's footsteps to add Split screen on PC.
I like how they've followed Croteam's footsteps to add Split screen on PC.

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 03/17/2012 11:54 AM   
I /heart.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':heart:' /> 2K

Can't wait for Borderlands 2 /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />
I /heart.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':heart:' /> 2K

Can't wait for Borderlands 2 /wub.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 03/17/2012 12:21 PM   
I think that the lack of split screen is one of the negative things that drives a wedge between console and PC gaming, as well as a lack of gamepad support on FPS because of die hard KB-M Pc FPS gamers out there, making it seem like a crime to use a gamepad. But its ok to build a super fast computer with three screens and three video cards and a fiber broadband connection to try and take advantage of a couple milliseconds over someone with a slower setup. At least with console everyone is basically on the same level with hardware and it comes down to skill more than computer power.

I purchased Bad company 2 and Medal of Honor but don't play them because I can't use my gamepad and it makes me mad to have to set up xpadder. Don't get me wrong I like multi player too but I don't care for the way COD and Battlefield blew online out of proportion and make that their sole development.

Its nice to see 2K taking a positive direction.
Well if anybody wants to play some original Borderlands with me sometime so I can prep up for the new release hit me up on steam some time, handle is JieMan of coarse.
I think that the lack of split screen is one of the negative things that drives a wedge between console and PC gaming, as well as a lack of gamepad support on FPS because of die hard KB-M Pc FPS gamers out there, making it seem like a crime to use a gamepad. But its ok to build a super fast computer with three screens and three video cards and a fiber broadband connection to try and take advantage of a couple milliseconds over someone with a slower setup. At least with console everyone is basically on the same level with hardware and it comes down to skill more than computer power.

I purchased Bad company 2 and Medal of Honor but don't play them because I can't use my gamepad and it makes me mad to have to set up xpadder. Don't get me wrong I like multi player too but I don't care for the way COD and Battlefield blew online out of proportion and make that their sole development.

Its nice to see 2K taking a positive direction.

Well if anybody wants to play some original Borderlands with me sometime so I can prep up for the new release hit me up on steam some time, handle is JieMan of coarse.

Posted 03/17/2012 04:59 PM   
Weird how all these "features" are touted like this, when things like V-sync, remappable keybinds, mouse usable menus and different resolution support should be a basic thing. They shouldn't be telling us this, because it sort of sounds like a car commercial where they advertise that "The car has FOUR wheels! It also has SEATS and a STEERING WHEEL!". Seriously? They should be talking about the game itself, in-game features, improvements/changes etc., not that "now you can remap your keybinds!". That's old news. Quake had it.

P.S. I didn't like the first game, because the FPS/RPG crossover didn't really work for me (had a very limited selection of items for a RPG and crappy/unresponsive controls for a FPS), also I found it boring and kind of slow.
Weird how all these "features" are touted like this, when things like V-sync, remappable keybinds, mouse usable menus and different resolution support should be a basic thing. They shouldn't be telling us this, because it sort of sounds like a car commercial where they advertise that "The car has FOUR wheels! It also has SEATS and a STEERING WHEEL!". Seriously? They should be talking about the game itself, in-game features, improvements/changes etc., not that "now you can remap your keybinds!". That's old news. Quake had it.

P.S. I didn't like the first game, because the FPS/RPG crossover didn't really work for me (had a very limited selection of items for a RPG and crappy/unresponsive controls for a FPS), also I found it boring and kind of slow.

Antec Nine Hundred

Thermaltake Toughpower 850W Modular

EVGA 780i SLI

Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz / Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/2x Antec fans

OCZ ReaperX HPC 2x2Gb

Zotac GTX460 - 829MHz core / 1658Mhz shaders / 2015MHz memory

Win7 Pro x64

Logitech G15 / Logitech G9 / Steelseries 5H

Samsung 226CW

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

- Al Capone

Posted 03/17/2012 11:30 PM   
[quote name='Deangelo' date='18 March 2012 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1332027037' post='1384332']

[/quote]

We'll these features were missing in the first game. Now they are apologising to us, and they havent even announced the console counterparts.
[quote name='Deangelo' date='18 March 2012 - 05:00 AM' timestamp='1332027037' post='1384332']

We'll these features were missing in the first game. Now they are apologising to us, and they havent even announced the console counterparts.

Core i7 960 @4.14Ghz 180x23 1.3v Liquid cooled

Gigabyte G1. Assassin

EVGA GTX 560 Ti "Maximum Graphics Crysis 2"

Cooler Master HAF-X

Corsair Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 RAM

RMA broke my 580 SLI. Now I have a 7970 and a GTX 580 gathering dust, looking for a buyer.

Posted 03/18/2012 04:02 AM   
1st game was a blast, I really hope they do a better job of implementing online/co-op play this time around though. Also hoping they build on their 3D Vision support. They patched in good 3D Vision support after release, but it could still use some tweaking to improve the overall 3D implementation.
1st game was a blast, I really hope they do a better job of implementing online/co-op play this time around though. Also hoping they build on their 3D Vision support. They patched in good 3D Vision support after release, but it could still use some tweaking to improve the overall 3D implementation.

-=HeliX=- Mod 3DV Game Fixes
My 3D Vision Games List Ratings

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @4.0GHz 1.29V | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | Win7 x64 Ultimate | Antec 620 LC
Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 GC SLI | Asus VG278H 120Hz LCD + 3D Vision 2 | 12GB Samsung DDR3 1600 35nm
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD | WD Black 3x1.5TB RAID 0 | Kingston HyperX 2x128GB SSD RAID 0
Sony STR-DG1000 A/V Receiver | Polk Audio RM6880 7.1 | LG Blu-Ray
Auzen X-Fi HT HD | Logitech G700/G110/G27 | CM HAF X Blue | Antec TPQ-1200W

Posted 03/18/2012 04:39 AM   
Hmm... "Hot and Heavy stuff" includes:

FOV Slider
Vertical Sync
Remappable keybindings
Lan Support
Mouse smoothing option
etc...

Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but that looks about what you would expect for a game released in 2008-2009. Not very ground breaking imo (or are they poking at the counsel ported games?).
Hmm... "Hot and Heavy stuff" includes:

FOV Slider

Vertical Sync

Remappable keybindings

Lan Support

Mouse smoothing option

etc...

Maybe I missed the sarcasm, but that looks about what you would expect for a game released in 2008-2009. Not very ground breaking imo (or are they poking at the counsel ported games?).

Making stupid look good.

Rig:

Thermaltake Armor

Q9650 @ 4.05, 1800FSB

Striker II Extreme

4GB Patriot 2000 @ 8-8-8-26

x2 150GB WD VRaptor Drives in RAID 0

x2 Segate 320GB RAID 0 Secondary Data Backup

-1TB and 750GB Western Digital Mybooks for backup

x3 EVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI @ 1.45V ~900 core, 2300 shader, 1250 mem

Watercooling:

FuZion 2.0

Enzotech NB Block

x3 Swiftech Obsidians

MCP 655 With EK Top Rev 2

120 and 240 Black Ice Pro GT Stealth Rads

120 DangerDen XFlow rad

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=145895: Watercooling Guide for Beginners

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=138732: Watercooling Pics Posted Here

Posted 03/19/2012 02:15 AM   
They are poking everyone, us self-entitling , hate-machine operating PC gamers included.

Oh and yeah... all those features _are rather common, but it's not so common to have them all in one game.
And it wasn't common to have them all, even in some past imaginary golden age of PC gaming.
They are poking everyone, us self-entitling , hate-machine operating PC gamers included.

Oh and yeah... all those features _are rather common, but it's not so common to have them all in one game.

And it wasn't common to have them all, even in some past imaginary golden age of PC gaming.

Posted 03/19/2012 03:40 AM   
An early hands on from RockPaperShotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/04/borderlands-2-preview-pc/

I am excited already and it's still ages away :(
An early hands on from RockPaperShotgun: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/04/borderlands-2-preview-pc/

I am excited already and it's still ages away :(

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 04/05/2012 07:06 AM   
It is kind of nice to see these older games brought back ...

Edit : Even the characters in crysis had a cartoon look to them . I like both
It is kind of nice to see these older games brought back ...

Edit : Even the characters in crysis had a cartoon look to them . I like both

Posted 04/05/2012 09:11 AM   
Does this game look more realistic than the last one? I don't fancy playing a game that looks likea cartoon (hence why I never played TF2 either)
Does this game look more realistic than the last one? I don't fancy playing a game that looks likea cartoon (hence why I never played TF2 either)

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 04/05/2012 09:31 AM   
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='05 April 2012 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1333618268' post='1392199']
[/quote]

Very unlikely as Borderlands was never designed to be realistic - the cartoon style was one of the things that made it different, and something I personally enjoyed about it. I would be quite disappointed if they tried to change the style of it, and from the initial thoughts from RPS it looks as if they probably went the other way:

[quote name='RockPaperShotgun']
"So anyway, that “colourful palette” I mentioned. This is Borderlands but with greater contrast. It certainly looks impressive. The edge-shaded visuals remain, and they look incredible at times. The design is much bolder, too, with architecture, characters and enemies remaining within the same basic frame, but bolder and more lavish. The stars of the show, the guns, are quite often extraordinary – giant multi-coloured death-mixers that scythe into sight from the bottom right of your screen. A couple of them actually made me laugh out loud with their outlandishness."
[/quote]
[quote name='Honey Badger' date='05 April 2012 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1333618268' post='1392199']

Very unlikely as Borderlands was never designed to be realistic - the cartoon style was one of the things that made it different, and something I personally enjoyed about it. I would be quite disappointed if they tried to change the style of it, and from the initial thoughts from RPS it looks as if they probably went the other way:

RockPaperShotgun said:

"So anyway, that “colourful palette” I mentioned. This is Borderlands but with greater contrast. It certainly looks impressive. The edge-shaded visuals remain, and they look incredible at times. The design is much bolder, too, with architecture, characters and enemies remaining within the same basic frame, but bolder and more lavish. The stars of the show, the guns, are quite often extraordinary – giant multi-coloured death-mixers that scythe into sight from the bottom right of your screen. A couple of them actually made me laugh out loud with their outlandishness."

Twitter | Steam

Posted 04/05/2012 10:35 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top