NVidia 179.48 Display Driver stopped and responding and has recovered
Please help me with this issue, i have had it now for the past year.
I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 0769 which originally came with Vista. I now have Windows 7 Ultimate.
i am constantly getting the display driver crashing, the screen going blank, and then recovering again (See attached picture)
Can anyone help me??

Thankyou!

I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 0769 which originally came with Vista. I now have Windows 7 Ultimate.

i am constantly getting the display driver crashing, the screen going blank, and then recovering again (See attached picture)

Can anyone help me??

Thankyou!

Posted 03/13/2012 05:46 PM   
[quote name='ianridpath' date='13 March 2012 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1331660788' post='1382264']
Can anyone help me??

Thankyou!
[/quote]
Ummm....maybe try updating your drivers since those are over three years old! See this link for how to do it: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555"]Link[/url]

Edit:

You might be able to get away with just downloading the drivers and installing them. I linked you to the old method though since your drivers are so old. Wasn't sure the new installer would know to remove them. If you want to try that method just go here and find your drivers:[url="http://www.geforce.com/#/Drivers/Beta"]Link[/url]
[quote name='ianridpath' date='13 March 2012 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1331660788' post='1382264']

Can anyone help me??

Thankyou!

Ummm....maybe try updating your drivers since those are over three years old! See this link for how to do it: Link

Edit:

You might be able to get away with just downloading the drivers and installing them. I linked you to the old method though since your drivers are so old. Wasn't sure the new installer would know to remove them. If you want to try that method just go here and find your drivers:Link

Posted 03/13/2012 09:41 PM   
[quote name='Jendrix' date='13 March 2012 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1331674865' post='1382390']
Ummm....maybe try updating your drivers since those are over three years old! See this link for how to do it: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555"]Link[/url]

Edit:

You might be able to get away with just downloading the drivers and installing them. I linked you to the old method though since your drivers are so old. Wasn't sure the new installer would know to remove them. If you want to try that method just go here and find your drivers:[url="http://www.geforce.com/#/Drivers/Beta"]Link[/url]
[/quote]

The problem is, when i put in all my laptops details, the correct geforce, go, etc etc it all still comes back as that driver, and says that is the latest one for my machine??
[quote name='Jendrix' date='13 March 2012 - 01:41 PM' timestamp='1331674865' post='1382390']

Ummm....maybe try updating your drivers since those are over three years old! See this link for how to do it: Link

Edit:

You might be able to get away with just downloading the drivers and installing them. I linked you to the old method though since your drivers are so old. Wasn't sure the new installer would know to remove them. If you want to try that method just go here and find your drivers:Link

The problem is, when i put in all my laptops details, the correct geforce, go, etc etc it all still comes back as that driver, and says that is the latest one for my machine??

Posted 03/13/2012 10:25 PM   
[quote name='ianridpath' date='13 March 2012 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1331677518' post='1382414']
[/quote]
I'm sorry, that's my fault for not asking for more details. Try a clean install of that driver using the method in the first link in my earlier post. Also not sure this particular area of the forum is best suited for this discussion since this seems to pretty squarely be a driver issue from what we've got so far...
[quote name='ianridpath' date='13 March 2012 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1331677518' post='1382414']

I'm sorry, that's my fault for not asking for more details. Try a clean install of that driver using the method in the first link in my earlier post. Also not sure this particular area of the forum is best suited for this discussion since this seems to pretty squarely be a driver issue from what we've got so far...

Posted 03/14/2012 02:36 AM   
[quote name='Jendrix' date='13 March 2012 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1331692590' post='1382532']
[/quote]

No worries, thanks for the advice, yeh i looked around and i really wasnt sure where was best for this, i would be happy to move it to another forum as well if that would be better. I will try those methods you had. Thanks again.
[quote name='Jendrix' date='13 March 2012 - 06:36 PM' timestamp='1331692590' post='1382532']

No worries, thanks for the advice, yeh i looked around and i really wasnt sure where was best for this, i would be happy to move it to another forum as well if that would be better. I will try those methods you had. Thanks again.

Posted 03/14/2012 09:57 PM   
Scroll To Top