Connecting Gaming PC to TV Via AVR/ARC HDMI OPS in this config
Hi All,

I am wanting to connect my gaming PC in one room to my 46" Samsung D7000 in the other room.
What I'd like advise on are the optimal settings for acheiving the above.

I'll list my hardware --

PC -
--------
Custom Build
Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500K Unlocked
16GB Muskin RAM DDR3
GTX560 TI FROZR II 2GB Factory OC

-------
TV -

Samsung UE46D7000 3D LED

AVR -
-------
Onkyo TX NR579 (like 609)
4 HDMI in 1 HDMI ARC Out

I want to acheive great imagery and sound in both 2D and 3D.

At present I have the GTX connected via a 10m HDMI 1.4a cable to the GAME port on the AVR and all works.
What I'm confused about are where to adjust image settings - AVR or GTX on PC ? (Nvidia control panel / TV settings / AVR settings)
Where to enable game mode as both the TV and AVR have game mode ?

What are optimal resolutions for the TV 1920x1080 or higher ?

Any advice from the more knowledgable greatfully received.

Thanks in advance.

Ron.
Hi All,

I am wanting to connect my gaming PC in one room to my 46" Samsung D7000 in the other room.

What I'd like advise on are the optimal settings for acheiving the above.

I'll list my hardware --

PC -

--------

Custom Build

Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500K Unlocked

16GB Muskin RAM DDR3

GTX560 TI FROZR II 2GB Factory OC

-------

TV -

Samsung UE46D7000 3D LED

AVR -

-------

Onkyo TX NR579 (like 609)

4 HDMI in 1 HDMI ARC Out

I want to acheive great imagery and sound in both 2D and 3D.

At present I have the GTX connected via a 10m HDMI 1.4a cable to the GAME port on the AVR and all works.

What I'm confused about are where to adjust image settings - AVR or GTX on PC ? (Nvidia control panel / TV settings / AVR settings)

Where to enable game mode as both the TV and AVR have game mode ?

What are optimal resolutions for the TV 1920x1080 or higher ?

Any advice from the more knowledgable greatfully received.

Thanks in advance.

Ron.

Posted 03/13/2012 03:23 PM   
The TV should be at its native resolution 1920 x 1080 and should never be changed, this is native and the TV will never look right at any other resolution.

Audio will be digital from the PC to the AVR so audio should be adjusted at the AVR.

Putting the TV in game mode or not is up to you, whatever looks best. I have my PC connected to an Onkyo TX-NR809 and I do in fact have my Samsung TV in game mode; although I really don't see a lot of difference.

You should contact Onkyo if you want to get real technical about the settings, otherwise, because there are settings on the PC, AVR, and TV, these are things everyone needs to experiment with. Personally I leave everything at default and it looks and sounds pretty good to me.
The TV should be at its native resolution 1920 x 1080 and should never be changed, this is native and the TV will never look right at any other resolution.

Audio will be digital from the PC to the AVR so audio should be adjusted at the AVR.

Putting the TV in game mode or not is up to you, whatever looks best. I have my PC connected to an Onkyo TX-NR809 and I do in fact have my Samsung TV in game mode; although I really don't see a lot of difference.

You should contact Onkyo if you want to get real technical about the settings, otherwise, because there are settings on the PC, AVR, and TV, these are things everyone needs to experiment with. Personally I leave everything at default and it looks and sounds pretty good to me.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 03/13/2012 04:13 PM   
Scroll To Top