SLI FOR SKYRIM
This topic may have been posted here before but i want answers and attention again after spending thousands of cash on your hardware and getting disappointed in return by not having you support it.

please let me know how to enable SLI profile for skyrim because i'm only getting 60 FPS in open grounds and 43 FPS in cities crowded with NPC and that really pisses me off knowing that i got 4 EVGA GTX 580 Classified in my case and still I'm unable to play games the the way i want.

My Rig: CPU:Intel Core i7-990X Extreme- Memory:CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32GB - HardDrive:OCZ SSD - VGA:(4)EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified - Motherboard:EVGA Classified SR-2 270
This topic may have been posted here before but i want answers and attention again after spending thousands of cash on your hardware and getting disappointed in return by not having you support it.

please let me know how to enable SLI profile for skyrim because i'm only getting 60 FPS in open grounds and 43 FPS in cities crowded with NPC and that really pisses me off knowing that i got 4 EVGA GTX 580 Classified in my case and still I'm unable to play games the the way i want.

My Rig: CPU:Intel Core i7-990X Extreme- Memory:CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32GB - HardDrive:OCZ SSD - VGA:(4)EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified - Motherboard:EVGA Classified SR-2 270

Posted 03/13/2012 08:45 AM   
SLI works fine in Skyrim. With 4x580 you are heavily CPU bound and besides, it looks like VSync is active. No wonder your GPU load is low. Btw do you have the patch 1.4 installed? It significantly improves CPU performance.

May I suggest you use SGSSAA and/or downsampling to improve image quality? You certainly have the power for it. Plain MSAA (or FXAA god forbid) is a joke for these powerful cards.
SLI works fine in Skyrim. With 4x580 you are heavily CPU bound and besides, it looks like VSync is active. No wonder your GPU load is low. Btw do you have the patch 1.4 installed? It significantly improves CPU performance.

May I suggest you use SGSSAA and/or downsampling to improve image quality? You certainly have the power for it. Plain MSAA (or FXAA god forbid) is a joke for these powerful cards.

Intel Core i7-3930K @4,2GHz *** 16GB DDR3-1333 *** GTX Titan 6GB SLI

Posted 03/13/2012 08:56 AM   
Alright i guess i went a little bit extreme at first. updated my game to 1.4 tho it messed up my mods,disabled the VSync as well now it looks like the fps has improved up to 15% in areas full of NPCs.but seriously is it skyrim's fault? maybe the game is intentionally taking advantage of my hardware.
Alright i guess i went a little bit extreme at first. updated my game to 1.4 tho it messed up my mods,disabled the VSync as well now it looks like the fps has improved up to 15% in areas full of NPCs.but seriously is it skyrim's fault? maybe the game is intentionally taking advantage of my hardware.

Posted 03/13/2012 09:46 AM   
I don't know if Skyrim is still badly optimized even with 1.4. You have a very powerful system and with settings that are not very demanding not even a 5GHz 2600K would be able to feed 4x580s. Basically, you have to look into image quality enhancements that go beyond MSAA to really get the best out of your cards or much of their power is simply unused.
I don't know if Skyrim is still badly optimized even with 1.4. You have a very powerful system and with settings that are not very demanding not even a 5GHz 2600K would be able to feed 4x580s. Basically, you have to look into image quality enhancements that go beyond MSAA to really get the best out of your cards or much of their power is simply unused.

Intel Core i7-3930K @4,2GHz *** 16GB DDR3-1333 *** GTX Titan 6GB SLI

Posted 03/13/2012 09:58 AM   
You want to see performance, remove two VGAs and leave only two in SLI. I'm having the same problem with some games. With only 1 VGA GTX590 I have the same performance as using 2 GTX 590.

A game that is very good for QUAD-SLI or 4-WAY SLI is the Metro 2033. All four GPUs being used at maximum and a good average of FPS.
You want to see performance, remove two VGAs and leave only two in SLI. I'm having the same problem with some games. With only 1 VGA GTX590 I have the same performance as using 2 GTX 590.

A game that is very good for QUAD-SLI or 4-WAY SLI is the Metro 2033. All four GPUs being used at maximum and a good average of FPS.

Posted 03/13/2012 07:42 PM   
I dont have four, but I have two SLI GTX560 Ti OC. When the game was first released it was poorly optimised and SLI support was poor. My cpu is overclocked to 4.2 ghz and was still getting poor results from this game. Now using the latest nVidia drivers and having the latest 1.4 something patch from Besthesda the game runs quite good now. nVidia drivers and the latest Skyrim patch are the 2 most important things to get this game running smoothly, drivers help video card performance immensely and the patch helps the game immensely because before the patch the game was poorly coded and it would become CPU bound often in the game resulting in poor performance. IMHO Skyrim should have never been created using an engine that is im guessing almost 10 years old. This engine was used to create Morrowind and after each engine the bugs just build up and carry over to the next game.

So anyway as I said, get the latest drivers and patch.
I dont have four, but I have two SLI GTX560 Ti OC. When the game was first released it was poorly optimised and SLI support was poor. My cpu is overclocked to 4.2 ghz and was still getting poor results from this game. Now using the latest nVidia drivers and having the latest 1.4 something patch from Besthesda the game runs quite good now. nVidia drivers and the latest Skyrim patch are the 2 most important things to get this game running smoothly, drivers help video card performance immensely and the patch helps the game immensely because before the patch the game was poorly coded and it would become CPU bound often in the game resulting in poor performance. IMHO Skyrim should have never been created using an engine that is im guessing almost 10 years old. This engine was used to create Morrowind and after each engine the bugs just build up and carry over to the next game.

So anyway as I said, get the latest drivers and patch.

Posted 03/13/2012 11:15 PM   
Scroll To Top