You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU
Ok so I got this computer about 3 months ago and it came with a gtx 550. Everything has been running fine until today when I downloaded the newest nvidia drivers. Now whenever I try to access the nvidia control panel i get this "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU" message. I've been doing some research on this error and I saw it may have something to do with conflicting nvidia and intel drivers. I went and installed the newest intel gpu drivers then reinstalled the nvidia ones, but that didnt fix it. The video card auto detect program on the nvidia website is able to detect that the gtx 550 is there (other programs like ccleaner detect it as well), but it seems that windows doesn't acknowledge it. When I go to dxdiag it shows some "hd intel graphics family" as only the video card (before installing the drivers it showed the gtx 550 as the display one and the intel as display 2). This problem is extremely frustrating. I uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers to make them reset to the factory ones. This fixed my problem because windows now recognized my gtx 550. However, when I installed the newest drivers the problem from earlier comes back. For some reason the new drivers cause my computer default to the default video card and forget the gtx 550 exists.
Ok so I got this computer about 3 months ago and it came with a gtx 550. Everything has been running fine until today when I downloaded the newest nvidia drivers. Now whenever I try to access the nvidia control panel i get this "You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU" message. I've been doing some research on this error and I saw it may have something to do with conflicting nvidia and intel drivers. I went and installed the newest intel gpu drivers then reinstalled the nvidia ones, but that didnt fix it. The video card auto detect program on the nvidia website is able to detect that the gtx 550 is there (other programs like ccleaner detect it as well), but it seems that windows doesn't acknowledge it. When I go to dxdiag it shows some "hd intel graphics family" as only the video card (before installing the drivers it showed the gtx 550 as the display one and the intel as display 2). This problem is extremely frustrating. I uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers to make them reset to the factory ones. This fixed my problem because windows now recognized my gtx 550. However, when I installed the newest drivers the problem from earlier comes back. For some reason the new drivers cause my computer default to the default video card and forget the gtx 550 exists.

Posted 03/12/2012 08:10 PM   
Keep the drivers that work.
Keep the drivers that work.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 03/12/2012 08:51 PM   
I know thats the obvious answer, but it does suck not being able to get the newest drivers. I cant even remember what drivers I was using before installing the newest ones so now im stuck with the factory ones. I have heard that the newest drivers screwed up sli in general, but as far as i know my video cards are not linked together (i think thats what sli refers to).
I know thats the obvious answer, but it does suck not being able to get the newest drivers. I cant even remember what drivers I was using before installing the newest ones so now im stuck with the factory ones. I have heard that the newest drivers screwed up sli in general, but as far as i know my video cards are not linked together (i think thats what sli refers to).

Posted 03/12/2012 10:08 PM   
Scroll To Top