Windows 8 Consumer Preview Nvidia Driver Issues
I am the owner of a dell alienware m14x with a geforce gt 555m 4gb video card, and I have the windows 8 consumer preview installed.

Since my installation of the OS a few days ago, I have yet to find a driver to support my video card.

I began to try to fix the issue by installing Nvidia's newest 295.73 driver from ge-force's website. It installed properly, but upon restarting the system the Windows 8 start up menu became blank with a visible cursor (common problem when updating drivers). I did a system restore and it remove the driver.

I then tried to reinstall the same driver, but the installation process failed midway through giving me the message “Nvidia Installer Failed”. It no longer can be installed.

I recently got an optional windows update providing an Nvidia driver (296.17) for my geforce gt 555m card. I tried installing the optional update only to have the update fail over and over again. The error code: 800F0102 is given.

There you have it. Any help with these issues is very appreciated :) (snide remarks and empty comments are not). Should I wait for dell or Nvidia to come out with new drivers? What else can I do?

Thanks!
I am the owner of a dell alienware m14x with a geforce gt 555m 4gb video card, and I have the windows 8 consumer preview installed.

Since my installation of the OS a few days ago, I have yet to find a driver to support my video card.

I began to try to fix the issue by installing Nvidia's newest 295.73 driver from ge-force's website. It installed properly, but upon restarting the system the Windows 8 start up menu became blank with a visible cursor (common problem when updating drivers). I did a system restore and it remove the driver.

I then tried to reinstall the same driver, but the installation process failed midway through giving me the message “Nvidia Installer Failed”. It no longer can be installed.

I recently got an optional windows update providing an Nvidia driver (296.17) for my geforce gt 555m card. I tried installing the optional update only to have the update fail over and over again. The error code: 800F0102 is given.

There you have it. Any help with these issues is very appreciated :) (snide remarks and empty comments are not). Should I wait for dell or Nvidia to come out with new drivers? What else can I do?

Thanks!

Posted 03/11/2012 10:36 PM   
Considering there is only 1 driver available from nvidia, its a preview version of an OS and its a laptop... I think you should wiat until the offical release of the OS and a Dell Driver...
Considering there is only 1 driver available from nvidia, its a preview version of an OS and its a laptop... I think you should wiat until the offical release of the OS and a Dell Driver...
Scroll To Top