GPU's disable when SLI is enabled ( 295.73)
Hi there

Whenever I enable SLI. Nvidia control freezes up and screen settings go back to 600x800, and GPU's are not recognized.

The problem started after I upgraded to the new FX 8150 CPU, its a bit more power hungry than my previous CPU,(Athlonâ„¢ II X4 640) but my PSU should be able to handle the additional consumption.

I have installed older drives, after cleaning up 295.73, without any luck, I don't have any realtech drivers installed, so that issue should be ruled out.

Both GPU's are confirmed to be working when used separately,(they were working fine in SLI with previous CPU) all possible combination of sockets are checked, without luck.

The Bios is the same as before, and according to my best knowledge no settings should be changed in Bios, when only upgrading CPU.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Nvidia GPU's and the FX CPU, or does anyone have a solution that I might have overlooked?

Thanks in advance

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula
CPU: FX 8150
GPU: 2 x GeForce GTS 450
PSU: 750W / Peak 850W
RAM: 2 x corsair Vengeance 4 GB 1600
SSD: 2 x OCZ Agility3 60GB Raid0 (OS)
HDD: 2 x Seagate 2TB Raid0
Heatzink: Coolermaster V6
Hi there

Whenever I enable SLI. Nvidia control freezes up and screen settings go back to 600x800, and GPU's are not recognized.

The problem started after I upgraded to the new FX 8150 CPU, its a bit more power hungry than my previous CPU,(Athlonâ„¢ II X4 640) but my PSU should be able to handle the additional consumption.

I have installed older drives, after cleaning up 295.73, without any luck, I don't have any realtech drivers installed, so that issue should be ruled out.

Both GPU's are confirmed to be working when used separately,(they were working fine in SLI with previous CPU) all possible combination of sockets are checked, without luck.

The Bios is the same as before, and according to my best knowledge no settings should be changed in Bios, when only upgrading CPU.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with Nvidia GPU's and the FX CPU, or does anyone have a solution that I might have overlooked?

Thanks in advance

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula

CPU: FX 8150

GPU: 2 x GeForce GTS 450

PSU: 750W / Peak 850W

RAM: 2 x corsair Vengeance 4 GB 1600

SSD: 2 x OCZ Agility3 60GB Raid0 (OS)

HDD: 2 x Seagate 2TB Raid0

Heatzink: Coolermaster V6

Posted 03/11/2012 05:01 AM   
I have the exact same problem, but i dont think my CPU even demands any more power than my previous one, did u manage to get any help on this situation?

Mobo:Asus 990fx
CPU: FX6100
GPU: 560ti x2
PSU: 750W
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengance 4gb
I have the exact same problem, but i dont think my CPU even demands any more power than my previous one, did u manage to get any help on this situation?

Mobo:Asus 990fx

CPU: FX6100

GPU: 560ti x2

PSU: 750W

RAM: 2x Corsair Vengance 4gb

Posted 03/21/2012 06:05 AM   
Hi RobinJ

973 views and no help:(
Hi RobinJ

973 views and no help:(

Posted 03/21/2012 10:08 AM   
I have a strange issue you guys may help me with!! I just built a new x79 rig and transfered my triple sli gtx 480's from my old x58 board. Everytime I enable triple SLI I get a BSOD, this doesn't happen on my x58 board. Now if I set 1 card to dedicated physx I can enable 2x SLI, I can play a game forever like this until I exit the game. When I exit a game my PC freezes and when I restart my cards have error 43 until I reinstall the nvidia drivers. Now if I disable one card and try to enable sli, the NVCP will stop responding and one of the 2 cards will have error code 43. I have tested each card in a single config with no issues. I don't have realtek for my NIC, although I do have realtek sound! Any suggestions?
I have a strange issue you guys may help me with!! I just built a new x79 rig and transfered my triple sli gtx 480's from my old x58 board. Everytime I enable triple SLI I get a BSOD, this doesn't happen on my x58 board. Now if I set 1 card to dedicated physx I can enable 2x SLI, I can play a game forever like this until I exit the game. When I exit a game my PC freezes and when I restart my cards have error 43 until I reinstall the nvidia drivers. Now if I disable one card and try to enable sli, the NVCP will stop responding and one of the 2 cards will have error code 43. I have tested each card in a single config with no issues. I don't have realtek for my NIC, although I do have realtek sound! Any suggestions?

Posted 03/25/2012 09:59 AM   
Scroll To Top