Driver crashes in nearly all new generation games Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, ...
Hello,

I am running on the last driver 295.73 on a GTX 280M.

When I play Skyrim, the games freezes and I see that my driver has actually crashed and has been recovered by Windows. I can then play 10 or 15 more minuts before it happens again.
I looked for many solutions on the Internet and I prevented this bug from occuring by reversing the driver's version to 275.33 and changing the option "Multiple Graphics Core acceleration" (first one in 3D Setting of NVIDIA control panel, sorry for the approximate translation from French ^^).

I have received Mass Effect 3 today, and I was forced to upgrade my driver to 295.73 again (because ME3 needs the most recent PhysiX Update). I played 1 hour and ... Same problem ... No matter what graphical settings, the driver crashes.
The game is not playable at all because of this.

Is there any solution ?
I hoped than in SO MANY MONTHS, Nvidia would finally solve this issue. Tell me please I have missed the good solution to this CRAPPY bug !
Hello,

I am running on the last driver 295.73 on a GTX 280M.

When I play Skyrim, the games freezes and I see that my driver has actually crashed and has been recovered by Windows. I can then play 10 or 15 more minuts before it happens again.

I looked for many solutions on the Internet and I prevented this bug from occuring by reversing the driver's version to 275.33 and changing the option "Multiple Graphics Core acceleration" (first one in 3D Setting of NVIDIA control panel, sorry for the approximate translation from French ^^).

I have received Mass Effect 3 today, and I was forced to upgrade my driver to 295.73 again (because ME3 needs the most recent PhysiX Update). I played 1 hour and ... Same problem ... No matter what graphical settings, the driver crashes.

The game is not playable at all because of this.

Is there any solution ?

I hoped than in SO MANY MONTHS, Nvidia would finally solve this issue. Tell me please I have missed the good solution to this CRAPPY bug !

Posted 03/09/2012 11:07 PM   
sounds like the gpu is over heating, is the cooling fans running at max? are the air vents plugged, are you over clocking the cpu/gpu any? try lowering the rez and eye candy...
sounds like the gpu is over heating, is the cooling fans running at max? are the air vents plugged, are you over clocking the cpu/gpu any? try lowering the rez and eye candy...

Posted 03/10/2012 12:16 AM   
You can install newer PhysX independently of the driver.
You can install newer PhysX independently of the driver.

Posted 03/10/2012 02:25 AM   
For the first reply : yes, everything works for the cooling. (and I am not overclocking my card)

Before trying to reinstall old drivers with a new PhysX, I have seen that there is an option to select the CPU/GPU to use for the PhysX engine. I have switched it on the CPU.
Perhaps then, there will be no more overload on my GPU ...

Thanks for the answers anyway :)
For the first reply : yes, everything works for the cooling. (and I am not overclocking my card)

Before trying to reinstall old drivers with a new PhysX, I have seen that there is an option to select the CPU/GPU to use for the PhysX engine. I have switched it on the CPU.

Perhaps then, there will be no more overload on my GPU ...

Thanks for the answers anyway :)

Posted 03/10/2012 01:30 PM   
The last public release of the PhysX library was buggy and crashed a lot of games, so the latest 9.12.0213 version should fix those issues.

Try setting PhysX to the GPU and check the GPU load when you're playing games.
The last public release of the PhysX library was buggy and crashed a lot of games, so the latest 9.12.0213 version should fix those issues.

Try setting PhysX to the GPU and check the GPU load when you're playing games.

Posted 03/10/2012 06:38 PM   
Still the same problem.
I updated my drivers and it is even worse ...

Can't play more than 5 minutes.

I have not found where to download PhysX separately from the drivers. Could someone tell me where to look ?
Still the same problem.

I have not found where to download PhysX separately from the drivers. Could someone tell me where to look ?

Posted 03/14/2012 04:59 PM   
[quote name='Samva' date='14 March 2012 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1331744392' post='1382796']
Still the same problem.

[/quote]

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html
[quote name='Samva' date='14 March 2012 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1331744392' post='1382796']

Still the same problem.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html

Posted 03/14/2012 08:39 PM   
Scroll To Top