Problem with Hybrid/Geforce 9600m GT after format Problem installing Hybrid Graphics drivers after c
Hi. I have run into a problem for which I cannot find a solution to by neither googling or browsing the forums. After doing a clean install of Vista Home Premium on my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo xi 3650 I can't get the Hybrid Graphic drivers to install properly. Everything worked fine before formating the hard-drive so I suppose (hope) it is not a hardware issue...

Under Display Adapters in Device Manager the only thing listed now is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. Upon installing the official Hybrid drivers from Fujitsu-Siemens website the drivers simply overwrite the drivers of the Intel graphics card, producing an exclamation mark (and very poor screen resolution etc). Right-clicking into properties reveals that the manufacturer is now Nvidia, and the driver version seem to be that which should've gone into the Geforce card. Re-installing the drivers for the Inter graphics card solves this problem, but my main problem is: there is no Geforce card to be found in the device manager. The computer should be 100% compatible with the hybrid functions as it was delivered that way, and there should be a geforce card in there somewhere. Scanning for hardware changes reveals nothing, and I can't install any Nvidia drivers for Geforce as windows can't find any compatible hardware.

I've re-installed Vista two more times now, really trying to install the drivers in perfect order. Still no success. I have tried all the drivers available from Fujitsu-Siemens website, including the auto update fuction they have for Vista (which only includes the drivers for the Intel card mentioned earlier), and I've tried experimenting with other (newer) drivers as well. But the problem that there is no Geforce card detected remains, and since I cannot switch to perfomance mode (no functional Hybrid Graphic drivers) I'm stuck using the 'default' Intel card. I tried to turn hybrid off in BIOS and setting Nvidia as default, but this resulted in a black screen and forced me to do a hard reset of BIOS.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi. I have run into a problem for which I cannot find a solution to by neither googling or browsing the forums. After doing a clean install of Vista Home Premium on my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo xi 3650 I can't get the Hybrid Graphic drivers to install properly. Everything worked fine before formating the hard-drive so I suppose (hope) it is not a hardware issue...

Under Display Adapters in Device Manager the only thing listed now is Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family. Upon installing the official Hybrid drivers from Fujitsu-Siemens website the drivers simply overwrite the drivers of the Intel graphics card, producing an exclamation mark (and very poor screen resolution etc). Right-clicking into properties reveals that the manufacturer is now Nvidia, and the driver version seem to be that which should've gone into the Geforce card. Re-installing the drivers for the Inter graphics card solves this problem, but my main problem is: there is no Geforce card to be found in the device manager. The computer should be 100% compatible with the hybrid functions as it was delivered that way, and there should be a geforce card in there somewhere. Scanning for hardware changes reveals nothing, and I can't install any Nvidia drivers for Geforce as windows can't find any compatible hardware.

I've re-installed Vista two more times now, really trying to install the drivers in perfect order. Still no success. I have tried all the drivers available from Fujitsu-Siemens website, including the auto update fuction they have for Vista (which only includes the drivers for the Intel card mentioned earlier), and I've tried experimenting with other (newer) drivers as well. But the problem that there is no Geforce card detected remains, and since I cannot switch to perfomance mode (no functional Hybrid Graphic drivers) I'm stuck using the 'default' Intel card. I tried to turn hybrid off in BIOS and setting Nvidia as default, but this resulted in a black screen and forced me to do a hard reset of BIOS.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted 03/09/2012 03:47 PM   
no one? I sort of given up on getting this fixed, ****ing hybrid **** I'm never getting a laptop with this again. Never getting a Fujitsu-Siemens either, worst support ever...same with nvidia hhhrrrmmmmm.....

If I remember correctly the Geforce card only showed in device manager when performance mode was turned on, and now it feels like sort of a catch 22 as I cant get the drivers installed properly because I cant turn on performance mode, and I cant turn on performance mode because there are no drivers.. or am I just a bigger computer idiot than thought I was? I've opened up the heatsink but the only conclusion that came out of that was that everything 'looked' all right.
no one? I sort of given up on getting this fixed, ****ing hybrid **** I'm never getting a laptop with this again. Never getting a Fujitsu-Siemens either, worst support ever...same with nvidia hhhrrrmmmmm.....

If I remember correctly the Geforce card only showed in device manager when performance mode was turned on, and now it feels like sort of a catch 22 as I cant get the drivers installed properly because I cant turn on performance mode, and I cant turn on performance mode because there are no drivers.. or am I just a bigger computer idiot than thought I was? I've opened up the heatsink but the only conclusion that came out of that was that everything 'looked' all right.

Posted 03/15/2012 04:46 PM   
Scroll To Top