heating system for Quadro 4000
HOW TO DEAL WITH THE TREMENDOUS HEAT DISSIPATION FROM A QUADRO 4000 GPU?

I HAVE A VERY GOOD VENTILATED CASE WITH A HYDRO SERIES FOR MY CPU...

WHAT'D I DO WITH QUADRO?
ITS FAIRLY EXPENSIVE AND I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY RISK WITH IT.

SO IT THERE IS ANYTHING LIKE A CPU COOLER, IT WOULD BE GREAT.

Thnx for any help...

WHAT'D I DO WITH QUADRO?

Thnx for any help...

Posted 03/09/2012 05:04 AM   
Have you monitored its temp? Unless you are overclocking it should keep itself in normal operating range. It may run warm, but its within design specs. You can always aim another fan at it. This card is known to run warm.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640746

I would take the heatsink off and check the hole spacing. From the newegg pics it looks like either the GT200 mounting or the G80/Fermi mounting holes.

Any univeral block that fits those should work just fine, though make sure to buy some heat sinks for the VRM's on the card.
Have you monitored its temp? Unless you are overclocking it should keep itself in normal operating range. It may run warm, but its within design specs. You can always aim another fan at it. This card is known to run warm.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1640746

I would take the heatsink off and check the hole spacing. From the newegg pics it looks like either the GT200 mounting or the G80/Fermi mounting holes.

Any univeral block that fits those should work just fine, though make sure to buy some heat sinks for the VRM's on the card.

http://www.hollywoodpcrepair.com/index.html

https://plus.google.com/113631846936966512572/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Intel Core i7 X 980 3.33GHz @ 3.3 GHz

eVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI motherboard

HAF-X Case, Corsair H80 CPU Liquid Cooler

12GB System RAM

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

KingWin Mach 1 ATX 1220-Watt Power Supply

Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000 RPM hdd

Posted 03/09/2012 08:35 AM   
[quote name='govindk' date='09 March 2012 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1331269466' post='1380409']

WHAT'D I DO WITH QUADRO?

Thnx for any help...
[/quote]

What kind of temperatures are you seeing? The Quadro 4000 is quite a warm running card.

J
[quote name='govindk' date='09 March 2012 - 05:04 AM' timestamp='1331269466' post='1380409']

WHAT'D I DO WITH QUADRO?

Thnx for any help...

What kind of temperatures are you seeing? The Quadro 4000 is quite a warm running card.

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 03/09/2012 08:38 AM   
in its stock fan speeds the gpu hits temperatures of about 70-80F

HoolywoodPC repair,

What if I aim a fan at it to cool it and then another facing out to suck the air out? 120 mm fan?

I really did not understand what you wrote below regarding VRM...
technically I am not so smart !!
in its stock fan speeds the gpu hits temperatures of about 70-80F

HoolywoodPC repair,

What if I aim a fan at it to cool it and then another facing out to suck the air out? 120 mm fan?

I really did not understand what you wrote below regarding VRM...

technically I am not so smart !!

Posted 03/09/2012 12:42 PM   
Do you mean 70 to 80C??? because, 80F (26C) is not bad...

With regards to the other points - if you don't class yourself as technically smart (lol), then replacing the heatsink etc may be a little too important for you to be learning / experimenting on.

The fan idea can / does work - you can aim a fan (of any size, but 120mm are popular) so that the expelled air is directed towards the intake of the Quadro card - thus it should run cooler. You may have to put a secondary fan to direct air at this one... but that depends upon your case. Maybe post a picture or two...? You would also have to fix the fans so they don't move around (cable ties / zip ties work fine) and ensure that your electrical cables etc don't come too close to the blades (again ties work really well). :)
Do you mean 70 to 80C??? because, 80F (26C) is not bad...

With regards to the other points - if you don't class yourself as technically smart (lol), then replacing the heatsink etc may be a little too important for you to be learning / experimenting on.

The fan idea can / does work - you can aim a fan (of any size, but 120mm are popular) so that the expelled air is directed towards the intake of the Quadro card - thus it should run cooler. You may have to put a secondary fan to direct air at this one... but that depends upon your case. Maybe post a picture or two...? You would also have to fix the fans so they don't move around (cable ties / zip ties work fine) and ensure that your electrical cables etc don't come too close to the blades (again ties work really well). :)

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 03/09/2012 08:36 PM   
Sorry for my conversion mistake, It goes up to 60-75 Celsius when on load.

[b]BTW Delta, by technically not being smart, I simple wanted everyone who reads this to know how much hardware knowledge I have, so that they don't suggest anything highly complicated to me. I don't know about you, but I do not want to take risk and screw up my Quadro 4000 card, ripping it open and operating on it. If I make any mistakes, its going to be a very very EXPENSIVE mistake, at least for me, it is.[/b]

About the fan idea, yes it possible. I haven't assembled my machine yet. tested quadro on a friend's machine.
When we rendered a Maya scene in Furry Ball renderer (assuming you know what I just wrote), is when we monitored the temperature.

I have a Corsair 800D case.

Thanx for you help !!
Sorry for my conversion mistake, It goes up to 60-75 Celsius when on load.

BTW Delta, by technically not being smart, I simple wanted everyone who reads this to know how much hardware knowledge I have, so that they don't suggest anything highly complicated to me. I don't know about you, but I do not want to take risk and screw up my Quadro 4000 card, ripping it open and operating on it. If I make any mistakes, its going to be a very very EXPENSIVE mistake, at least for me, it is.

About the fan idea, yes it possible. I haven't assembled my machine yet. tested quadro on a friend's machine.

When we rendered a Maya scene in Furry Ball renderer (assuming you know what I just wrote), is when we monitored the temperature.

I have a Corsair 800D case.

Thanx for you help !!

Posted 03/10/2012 07:10 AM   
60 to 75*C is actually not bad at all for a Quadro 4000 card. Modifying or changing your cooler will immediately void the warranty of your card, so as Delta said you are much better off ensuring your case has good and clear airflow than attempting any changes.

Basically, listen to Delta :)

J
60 to 75*C is actually not bad at all for a Quadro 4000 card. Modifying or changing your cooler will immediately void the warranty of your card, so as Delta said you are much better off ensuring your case has good and clear airflow than attempting any changes.

Basically, listen to Delta :)

J

Official GeForce Forums Benchmarking Leaderboards
NVIDIA SLI Technology: A Canine's Guide

Corsair Obsidian 350D mATX, Asus Maximus VI GENE Z87 mATX, Intel Core i7-4770k @ 4.40GHz, Corsair H110, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4GB) @ 2400MHz, 1x OCZ Vertex 4 256GB, 1x WD Scorpio Black 750GB, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Superclock, Enermax 1250W Evolution, Windows 8 64bit.

Logitech G9x, Razer Black Widow Ultimate, Logitech G930, 2x Eizo EV2333W.

Twitter | Steam

Posted 03/10/2012 10:27 AM   
I though it is a bad temperature for a GPU unit.

anyways i will do what delta told regarding fan placements

thnx guys
I though it is a bad temperature for a GPU unit.

anyways i will do what delta told regarding fan placements

thnx guys

Posted 03/10/2012 11:41 AM   
Yeah, I thought that's what you meant - it just sounded amusing to me /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

GPUs in general can take that sort of heat... but the cooler it runs, the better.

Also, I completely agree about not taking the card apart - it's a lot of money... best to try on a less expensive card if you want to try that sort of thing.

Oh, thanks J :)
Yeah, I thought that's what you meant - it just sounded amusing to me /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

GPUs in general can take that sort of heat... but the cooler it runs, the better.

Also, I completely agree about not taking the card apart - it's a lot of money... best to try on a less expensive card if you want to try that sort of thing.

Oh, thanks J :)

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 03/10/2012 02:13 PM   
I buy Quadro 4000 , It get overheat Like 82'c-90'c .

Any cooling solution will be helpful for this type of high-end GPU.
I buy Quadro 4000 , It get overheat Like 82'c-90'c .

Any cooling solution will be helpful for this type of high-end GPU.

Posted 04/23/2012 07:25 PM   
The Corsair 800D is not a GPU aircooling friendly case. Temps are good, but when the heatsink collects dust it may overheat.

You might start thinking of getting a new case (IMO). 800D is mainly a WC enthusiast chassis.
The Corsair 800D is not a GPU aircooling friendly case. Temps are good, but when the heatsink collects dust it may overheat.

You might start thinking of getting a new case (IMO). 800D is mainly a WC enthusiast chassis.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010
I'm a ninja. Not a pirate.

Posted 04/25/2012 09:35 AM   
Hi there! got a Quadro 4000 on my Dell T5600 and in 'normal' Solidworks 2012 session it reach 78°-80° but with "EVGA Precision X" software I keep it at 66° trottling the fan speed at 50%(room temperature 19°). Just for curiosity there is an hardware way to keep it even + cool? ? ? thank you guys ! and have a nice day! TTDuke
Hi there! got a Quadro 4000 on my Dell T5600 and in 'normal' Solidworks 2012 session it reach 78°-80° but with "EVGA Precision X" software I keep it at 66° trottling the fan speed at 50%(room temperature 19°).
Just for curiosity there is an hardware way to keep it even + cool? ? ?

thank you guys ! and have a nice day!
TTDuke

Dell T5600
Xeon E5-2650 2GHz
PNY Quadro 4000
W7 64B-Pro

Posted 11/16/2012 01:03 PM   
Scroll To Top