SKYRIM 2x ULTRA settings only for powerful 3gb cards
  1 / 3    
[b]improved skyrim.ini :[/b] http://www.2shared.com/file/588qBoQM/Skyrim.html

[b]skyrimprefs.ini : [/b] http://www.2shared.com/file/NaZl8_4-/SkyrimPrefs.html

[b]- one drawback.. because of the changes to skyrim.ini iShadowMaskQuarter=8 from skyrimprefs.ini is reverted back to 4: iShadowMaskQuarter=4

has to do with the 2x distant ugrid

uGridDistantTreeRangeCity=8
uGridDistantCountCity=8
uGridDistantTreeRange=30
uGridDistantCount=50

iShadowMaskQuarter=8 can be forced by setting the ini file attributes to read-only but this is something ill leave as is/be forced by the user

this occurs on my skyrim which includes the following: 15.4gb/game/update 1.5.26.0.5/bethesda hd packs/nebula skyrim hd 1.5 pack/nexus step v201a pack

this may not occur on lesser skyrim configs if it does please let me know

- interior cell buffer lowered to 6 (still 2x the ultra and still looks amazing) lowered because of the large increment in uTextureMemoryInterior and to keep outdoors and indoors in balance

- enjoy![/b]
improved skyrim.ini : http://www.2shared.com/file/588qBoQM/Skyrim.html

skyrimprefs.ini : http://www.2shared.com/file/NaZl8_4-/SkyrimPrefs.html

- one drawback.. because of the changes to skyrim.ini iShadowMaskQuarter=8 from skyrimprefs.ini is reverted back to 4: iShadowMaskQuarter=4

has to do with the 2x distant ugrid

uGridDistantTreeRangeCity=8

uGridDistantCountCity=8

uGridDistantTreeRange=30

uGridDistantCount=50

iShadowMaskQuarter=8 can be forced by setting the ini file attributes to read-only but this is something ill leave as is/be forced by the user

this occurs on my skyrim which includes the following: 15.4gb/game/update 1.5.26.0.5/bethesda hd packs/nebula skyrim hd 1.5 pack/nexus step v201a pack

this may not occur on lesser skyrim configs if it does please let me know

- interior cell buffer lowered to 6 (still 2x the ultra and still looks amazing) lowered because of the large increment in uTextureMemoryInterior and to keep outdoors and indoors in balance

- enjoy!

Posted 03/08/2012 11:38 PM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/10/2012 03:11 AM   
[i][url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=213537&st=380"]Read Post #390[/url] The same information ended up on GeForce.com. This is from November of last year. Wanted to give you the heads up. [/i]

-Hooks
Read Post #390 The same information ended up on GeForce.com. This is from November of last year. Wanted to give you the heads up.

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 03/10/2012 02:01 PM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/10/2012 07:37 PM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/10/2012 07:49 PM   
[quote name='NapalmV5' date='10 March 2012 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1331408968' post='1381057']
thank you righthooks but thats not 2x ultra not even full 1x ultra.. 8xaa and fxaa degrades image quality more than it improves.. but this is very subjectable i guess.. to each his own

what i need some help on is the navmesh settings.. would like to double those up

would you like to help me on that ?
[/quote]

[i]
The issue is you are attempting to alter parameters that have no influential impact of the engine, this causes a revert to standard settings upon launch. The FXAA is designed to correspond with the altered supersampling to improve flora. Reducing LOD to a negative value such as -1.00 increases the texture fidelity loss with FXAA. Exceeding parameter thresholds via configuration files or console, have no benefit to the engine in improvement, rather degrade to standard settings that the engine is capable of.

When you say 2x Ultra...what do you mean? Without the implementation of third party add-on packs you cannot accomplish numerical values outside the base engine capabilities. All engines have maximum thresholds unless you act upon them with an SDK. In other words, you are attempting to place higher values that have no impact of the game. Furthermore the settings located in my November post, are the highest acknowledged settings for the base engine as published by the developers. [/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]In the example below using my profile, you will notice the softening from FXAA has been counteracted upon by negative LOD bias variables, in turn producing accurate texture draw and eliminating aliasing with a higher sample rate(8xMSAA). In addition flora has been directly impacted, as well as scenery anisotropic distance. This is the highest designation allowed by Skyrim's engine.[/i]
[b]
Righthooks Skyrim Profile[/b]
[img]http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/RighthooksGURU/Daedric.png[/img]

-Hooks
[quote name='NapalmV5' date='10 March 2012 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1331408968' post='1381057']

thank you righthooks but thats not 2x ultra not even full 1x ultra.. 8xaa and fxaa degrades image quality more than it improves.. but this is very subjectable i guess.. to each his own

what i need some help on is the navmesh settings.. would like to double those up

would you like to help me on that ?

The issue is you are attempting to alter parameters that have no influential impact of the engine, this causes a revert to standard settings upon launch. The FXAA is designed to correspond with the altered supersampling to improve flora. Reducing LOD to a negative value such as -1.00 increases the texture fidelity loss with FXAA. Exceeding parameter thresholds via configuration files or console, have no benefit to the engine in improvement, rather degrade to standard settings that the engine is capable of.

When you say 2x Ultra...what do you mean? Without the implementation of third party add-on packs you cannot accomplish numerical values outside the base engine capabilities. All engines have maximum thresholds unless you act upon them with an SDK. In other words, you are attempting to place higher values that have no impact of the game. Furthermore the settings located in my November post, are the highest acknowledged settings for the base engine as published by the developers.

EDIT: In the example below using my profile, you will notice the softening from FXAA has been counteracted upon by negative LOD bias variables, in turn producing accurate texture draw and eliminating aliasing with a higher sample rate(8xMSAA). In addition flora has been directly impacted, as well as scenery anisotropic distance. This is the highest designation allowed by Skyrim's engine.

Righthooks Skyrim Profile

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 03/11/2012 12:33 AM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/11/2012 08:58 PM   
[quote name='NapalmV5' date='11 March 2012 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1331499509' post='1381440']
there you go again with november of last year.. look righthooks i gave up on the game a while ago after about 3+ thousand game saves.. even on the patch that was supposed to fix the 4gb issue it didnt work for me

ive used all kinds of aa even no aa @ up to -3 lod bias.. the improvement that you see is from the negative lod bias

agreed thats how most games are but skyrim is different very different this game seems to have no limits kudos to bethesda on that.. the only limit i came across is the inventory.. everyone is aware of that.. at very large number of items the inventory gets excruciatingly slow.. probably intentionally designed that way.. but the game settings the ai the difficulty the number of levels you can take the game to.. the number of mods.. on and on its why i love skyrim

so far at the 2x ultra settings the game engine has responded positively.. and thats simply what i mean by 2x ultra - double the games ultra settings

i even played @ 32x/64x AF (nvidia control panel anisotropic filering @ application controlled) looks great unfortunately at these settings the 3 gig on the 580 is not enough buffer.. not enough buffer for 8192 shadowmapres either.. will have to wait for 4gb/4gb+ cards to come along

the reason for the 2x ultra is that when i got back into the game 2 weeks ago i set out to fix the view distance at the games ultra settings because the view distance quality is absolute sheat.. unacceptable.. my settings above^ take care of that
[/quote]
[i]
I wasn't looking to upset you. I was simply stating that the engine is only susceptible to certain command alterations. Some of the areas you are attempting to change have a default value that cannot be adjusted beyond designated threshold. Again, the only way you can improve these areas are to alter the source files themselves, such as textures and models using third party software for modifications, and package cooking utilities provided by the developers.

Simply put, the changes you are wanting to make through altering the variables are not possible through the game's configuration. You are creating a placebo effect for yourself. If what you said was true, the game would essentially have a limitless amount of detail customization. Do you see the issue?

I have been doing game modifications since before Half-Life, and I wouldn't make something like this up. If you really want to change the way the game looks, you are going to have to use proper modification tools. [/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]If you want any help, or have questions about modding I will be more than happy to assist, but I can't make something possible for you that is not... [/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='NapalmV5' date='11 March 2012 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1331499509' post='1381440']

there you go again with november of last year.. look righthooks i gave up on the game a while ago after about 3+ thousand game saves.. even on the patch that was supposed to fix the 4gb issue it didnt work for me

ive used all kinds of aa even no aa @ up to -3 lod bias.. the improvement that you see is from the negative lod bias

agreed thats how most games are but skyrim is different very different this game seems to have no limits kudos to bethesda on that.. the only limit i came across is the inventory.. everyone is aware of that.. at very large number of items the inventory gets excruciatingly slow.. probably intentionally designed that way.. but the game settings the ai the difficulty the number of levels you can take the game to.. the number of mods.. on and on its why i love skyrim

so far at the 2x ultra settings the game engine has responded positively.. and thats simply what i mean by 2x ultra - double the games ultra settings

i even played @ 32x/64x AF (nvidia control panel anisotropic filering @ application controlled) looks great unfortunately at these settings the 3 gig on the 580 is not enough buffer.. not enough buffer for 8192 shadowmapres either.. will have to wait for 4gb/4gb+ cards to come along

the reason for the 2x ultra is that when i got back into the game 2 weeks ago i set out to fix the view distance at the games ultra settings because the view distance quality is absolute sheat.. unacceptable.. my settings above^ take care of that

I wasn't looking to upset you. I was simply stating that the engine is only susceptible to certain command alterations. Some of the areas you are attempting to change have a default value that cannot be adjusted beyond designated threshold. Again, the only way you can improve these areas are to alter the source files themselves, such as textures and models using third party software for modifications, and package cooking utilities provided by the developers.

Simply put, the changes you are wanting to make through altering the variables are not possible through the game's configuration. You are creating a placebo effect for yourself. If what you said was true, the game would essentially have a limitless amount of detail customization. Do you see the issue?

I have been doing game modifications since before Half-Life, and I wouldn't make something like this up. If you really want to change the way the game looks, you are going to have to use proper modification tools.

EDIT: If you want any help, or have questions about modding I will be more than happy to assist, but I can't make something possible for you that is not...

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

Posted 03/11/2012 10:50 PM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/13/2012 01:17 AM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/13/2012 03:15 AM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/13/2012 03:17 AM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/13/2012 03:29 AM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/17/2012 02:29 AM   
[i]Are you, or are you not using the Bethesda's provided high-resolution texture pack (Steam free DLC) when you are making these changes? Are you changing the LOD Bias setting through NVIDIA Inspector to a negative variable? Your draw distance appears to be quite high; did you add uGridsToLoad=7 to the general area of the .ini?[/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]What variables are effecting that cloth detail? They look too good for a variable...did you add a textures?[/i]

-Hooks
Are you, or are you not using the Bethesda's provided high-resolution texture pack (Steam free DLC) when you are making these changes? Are you changing the LOD Bias setting through NVIDIA Inspector to a negative variable? Your draw distance appears to be quite high; did you add uGridsToLoad=7 to the general area of the .ini?

EDIT: What variables are effecting that cloth detail? They look too good for a variable...did you add a textures?

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

Posted 03/18/2012 12:38 PM   
please delete
please delete

Posted 03/21/2012 01:26 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top