Non 7-zip archive drivers
I have never gotten this before when installing new drivers. every time i try to install the new 295.73 driver i get this error. [img]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg154/Mogani/Non7-zip.jpg[/img]

kind of pissing me off since i was hoping the new update would help with the issue of display has stopped working since i've tried some of the things i've seen people suggest on the forums for that and none of them have worked so far.

specs are

Windows 7 64bit home premium
AMD Athlon xII x4 3.00ghz
8gig of RAM
MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

all pretty much new hardware purchased within the last 6months. so one would hope its not a hardware issue.
I have never gotten this before when installing new drivers. every time i try to install the new 295.73 driver i get this error. Image

kind of pissing me off since i was hoping the new update would help with the issue of display has stopped working since i've tried some of the things i've seen people suggest on the forums for that and none of them have worked so far.

specs are

Windows 7 64bit home premium

AMD Athlon xII x4 3.00ghz

8gig of RAM

MSI N560GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5

all pretty much new hardware purchased within the last 6months. so one would hope its not a hardware issue.

Posted 03/07/2012 02:59 AM   
try and re-download the file . Sounds like it did not download completely ..

Posted 03/07/2012 03:18 AM   
[quote name='Total' date='06 March 2012 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1331090331' post='1379648']
[/quote]

i have done that. i have 4 different copies of it in my download folder. even tried downloading using a different browser.
[quote name='Total' date='06 March 2012 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1331090331' post='1379648']

i have done that. i have 4 different copies of it in my download folder. even tried downloading using a different browser.

Posted 03/07/2012 04:14 AM   
Assuming the drivers came from the Nvidia site the drivers use the .exe file extension. I don't know why 7-zip would have an .exe file extension association as .exe is not on the 7-zip file association list.
I've never had a problem with 7-zip but I'd uninstall 7-zip (and re-boot), and wait until after the drivers install before installing 7-zip again (for luck).

If the error persists try running [i]Windows System File Checker[/i] (sfcscannow) - [url="http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html"] sfc - here[/url] -
Not sure, but maybe there is a malware that can do this, so failing the above run a full boot scan with your AV.

[quote]kind of pissing me off since i was hoping the new update would help with the issue of display has stopped working since i've tried some of the things i've seen people suggest on the forums for that and none of them have worked so far. [/quote]
Well, no, yes and maybe. There are many possibilities for TDR's, and most are not caused by the drivers despite the error message. No good making suggestions without knowing what you have tried though.
It's no good chopping and changing drivers, as is so often done. It can just muddle things up more.
Assuming the drivers came from the Nvidia site the drivers use the .exe file extension. I don't know why 7-zip would have an .exe file extension association as .exe is not on the 7-zip file association list.

I've never had a problem with 7-zip but I'd uninstall 7-zip (and re-boot), and wait until after the drivers install before installing 7-zip again (for luck).

If the error persists try running Windows System File Checker (sfcscannow) - sfc - here -

Not sure, but maybe there is a malware that can do this, so failing the above run a full boot scan with your AV.

Well, no, yes and maybe. There are many possibilities for TDR's, and most are not caused by the drivers despite the error message. No good making suggestions without knowing what you have tried though.

It's no good chopping and changing drivers, as is so often done. It can just muddle things up more.

BossDweebe is in his second childhood, or would be if he'd ever left the first.

Posted 03/07/2012 07:50 AM   
Try downloading in "Safe mode with networking". There should be less network intervention then.
Try downloading in "Safe mode with networking". There should be less network intervention then.
Scroll To Top