BF3 Settings
Ello :) ,
I have a little problem with my FPS on the strike @ karkand maps.
Currently i have an Q6600, GTX 460 with 4GB RAM. I was thinking that my PC specs are out-dated but im giving this an try.

My BF3 settings are currently @ recommended but still during the strike @ karkand maps the smoothness of the game isnt that great. Its not lagging or something but the FPS is just to low in order to shoot properly

I'm not such an fan of tuning down my settings, like the beauty of the game. Is there something i could do to increase my FPS with an program or something? Cuz if ill have to upgrade something like RAM ill have to buy an new motherboard since it can only handle 4GB + i dont have a lot of money

Currently i have an Q6600, GTX 460 with 4GB RAM. I was thinking that my PC specs are out-dated but im giving this an try.

My BF3 settings are currently @ recommended but still during the strike @ karkand maps the smoothness of the game isnt that great. Its not lagging or something but the FPS is just to low in order to shoot properly

I'm not such an fan of tuning down my settings, like the beauty of the game. Is there something i could do to increase my FPS with an program or something? Cuz if ill have to upgrade something like RAM ill have to buy an new motherboard since it can only handle 4GB + i dont have a lot of money

Posted 03/06/2012 06:51 PM   
[quote name='Gardor' date='06 March 2012 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1331059878' post='1379450']

[/quote]

What display resolution are you running in BF3?

Because I have a friend who runs the game on a GTX 460 with 1920x1080 with [b][i]most[/i][/b] settings on ULTRA and MSAA off getting 30+ FPS on karkand.

Also please tell me what framerates you are getting. You can use the in-game framrate reporting by pressing the "~" key and typing "render.drawfps 1" (without quotes).
[quote name='Gardor' date='06 March 2012 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1331059878' post='1379450']

Because I have a friend who runs the game on a GTX 460 with 1920x1080 with most settings on ULTRA and MSAA off getting 30+ FPS on karkand.

Also please tell me what framerates you are getting. You can use the in-game framrate reporting by pressing the "~" key and typing "render.drawfps 1" (without quotes).

Cpu: Intel i7 3930K @ 5GHz
Cooler: Corsair H100
Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Formula
Ram: GSkill 16GB Quad DDR3 @ 2050Mhz
GPU: 2 Nvidia EVGA GTX 670's FTW in SLI
Monitor: Asus VG278H + Nvidia 3D Vision 2
HD: 2 OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs in Raid 0
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II
PSU: Pc Power And Cooling Silencer MK II 950W

Helix Mod 3D Vision Fixes

Posted 03/06/2012 07:56 PM   
[quote name='Gardor' date='06 March 2012 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1331059878' post='1379450']

[/quote]

What are your "Recommended" settings come out to? Also, what resolution?

If you're running 1080p, I recommend running mostly Medium, with Mesh Quality on Ultra, and AA @ 2xAA, you should be able to run that with little to no lag, and the game will still look great.

That's a general statement for the 460, non-resolution dependent.
[quote name='Gardor' date='06 March 2012 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1331059878' post='1379450']

What are your "Recommended" settings come out to? Also, what resolution?

If you're running 1080p, I recommend running mostly Medium, with Mesh Quality on Ultra, and AA @ 2xAA, you should be able to run that with little to no lag, and the game will still look great.

That's a general statement for the 460, non-resolution dependent.

Help fight Cancer, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease by donating unused CPU and GPU power to Stanford University's Research Folding@Home projects:

Simplest method is to setup the FAH v7 client with this Windows Installation Guide

Posted 03/08/2012 08:28 AM   
[quote name='Pelter' date='06 March 2012 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1331063775' post='1379490']

Because I have a friend who runs the game on a GTX 460 with 1920x1080 with [b][i]most[/i][/b] settings on ULTRA and MSAA off getting 30+ FPS on karkand.

[/quote]

Everything on Ultra EXCEPT textures which are on high. 1920x1200 res. Vsync on and its pegged at 60fps. Only time it drops is if a jet or crashes into my vehicle or something and its only during the instant of the crash that it drops below 60. I have two GTX 560 Ti 448 cores in SLI.
[quote name='Pelter' date='06 March 2012 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1331063775' post='1379490']

Because I have a friend who runs the game on a GTX 460 with 1920x1080 with most settings on ULTRA and MSAA off getting 30+ FPS on karkand.

Everything on Ultra EXCEPT textures which are on high. 1920x1200 res. Vsync on and its pegged at 60fps. Only time it drops is if a jet or crashes into my vehicle or something and its only during the instant of the crash that it drops below 60. I have two GTX 560 Ti 448 cores in SLI.

Posted 03/28/2012 01:26 AM   
I run BF3 on all low with Mesh Quality on high and no AA. Then I add post AA and lower bitmap filtering (because who needs the [url="http://achaea.com"]best mud[/url] textures?)
I run BF3 on all low with Mesh Quality on high and no AA. Then I add post AA and lower bitmap filtering (because who needs the best mud textures?)

• Dell Inspiron 570
  • Radeon HD 5670 512DDR3
  • 4GB DDR3
  • 300w Dell PSU
  • AMD X2 @ 2.80ghz
  • Windows 7 64 bit

Best MUD FPS (Max Settings)= 120

BattleField 3 FPS (Low + No AA) = 58 - 41

Browser Based MMO FPS (16x AA + High SSAO) Running the top MUD HD textures with PhysX particles maxed

Posted 03/29/2012 06:38 PM   
Scroll To Top