NVIDIA Marketing Bad Marketing
  1 / 2    
So I think ATI and NVIDIA both have really bad marketing... No offense... This is coming from the consumer side of my opinion... They repeat the same process over and over in both companies... They tell you their coming out with new cards, we all know their coming out with new cards, yet there's no previews, no information, no marketing, no sneak peaks, no nothing until the ****ing release date... Look at any major company and any major products... most of them have a sneak peak of guaranteed specs and or detailed information regarding the upcoming release. It's most likely less then a month away from Nvidia's next release in GPU's and we know nothing... Its flat out rude and annoying to be a loyal consumer for years and never receive any information or specs concerning new Nvidia products when we all spend a pretty penny on them... Give us something Nvidia holy smokes... All it will do is give you more money and make ATI hurt because you'd be doing something before they are... Enough of my run on sentences and time for feed back ... AM I WRONG HERE!?!? MAN IT PISSES ME OFF...
So I think ATI and NVIDIA both have really bad marketing... No offense... This is coming from the consumer side of my opinion... They repeat the same process over and over in both companies... They tell you their coming out with new cards, we all know their coming out with new cards, yet there's no previews, no information, no marketing, no sneak peaks, no nothing until the ****ing release date... Look at any major company and any major products... most of them have a sneak peak of guaranteed specs and or detailed information regarding the upcoming release. It's most likely less then a month away from Nvidia's next release in GPU's and we know nothing... Its flat out rude and annoying to be a loyal consumer for years and never receive any information or specs concerning new Nvidia products when we all spend a pretty penny on them... Give us something Nvidia holy smokes... All it will do is give you more money and make ATI hurt because you'd be doing something before they are... Enough of my run on sentences and time for feed back ... AM I WRONG HERE!?!? MAN IT PISSES ME OFF...

Posted 03/06/2012 12:30 AM   
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1330993817' post='1379095']... AM I WRONG HERE!?!?...[/quote]
Well, at places like Apple you get arrested and your home invaded for leaking info prior to release. You posted there yet?...
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1330993817' post='1379095']... AM I WRONG HERE!?!?...

Well, at places like Apple you get arrested and your home invaded for leaking info prior to release. You posted there yet?...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 03/06/2012 12:40 AM   
Sorry, but this isn't news of any sort. It's not even a policy subject to debate; this has always been NVIDIA's position on unreleased developments. Moved to Off-Topic.
Sorry, but this isn't news of any sort. It's not even a policy subject to debate; this has always been NVIDIA's position on unreleased developments. Moved to Off-Topic.

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 03/06/2012 12:42 AM   
I understand its their policy and realize this probably isn't going past these forums but they should change their policy and make people happy... cause it would... I know it annoys a lot of other people as well... just saying... Maybe its time for them to switch things up.......... .. .. .. . . .. . .
I understand its their policy and realize this probably isn't going past these forums but they should change their policy and make people happy... cause it would... I know it annoys a lot of other people as well... just saying... Maybe its time for them to switch things up.......... .. .. .. . . .. . .

Posted 03/06/2012 12:52 AM   
lol, i wish we had unicorns too
lol, i wish we had unicorns too
Posted 03/06/2012 01:11 AM   
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1330995140' post='1379102']
[/quote]
[i]
You are a basic consumer, industry professionals will always have the "privileged" information when applicable. NVIDIA and Radeon have good marketing, but naturally it follows the release of NDAs.

If want NVIDIA to tell you when [b]specifically [/b]a product will be released and the details accurate to the final specifications, such as Kepler, you are dreaming. Rough estimates and speculations are all that you as a consumer are privileged to. Same pertains to the likes of the automotive industry, first come first serve basis is catered to those "privileged" individuals. In other words those within the NDA who have "said" information. [/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 07:52 PM' timestamp='1330995140' post='1379102']

You are a basic consumer, industry professionals will always have the "privileged" information when applicable. NVIDIA and Radeon have good marketing, but naturally it follows the release of NDAs.

If want NVIDIA to tell you when specifically a product will be released and the details accurate to the final specifications, such as Kepler, you are dreaming. Rough estimates and speculations are all that you as a consumer are privileged to. Same pertains to the likes of the automotive industry, first come first serve basis is catered to those "privileged" individuals. In other words those within the NDA who have "said" information.

-Hooks

QUOTE (The Professor @ Oct 31 2010, 04:59 AM)

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 03/06/2012 01:12 AM   
Rough estimates and speculations are all that you as a consumer are privileged to......

In other words guessing is all we are privileged to.... is that a nice way of trolling me... ahhaha gg mate....
Rough estimates and speculations are all that you as a consumer are privileged to......

In other words guessing is all we are privileged to.... is that a nice way of trolling me... ahhaha gg mate....

Posted 03/06/2012 01:26 AM   
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1330997219' post='1379116']

[/quote]

[i]I'm hardly a troll thank you very much. Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. There is no "in other words," you took my explanation near verbatim. [/i]

[b]EDIT:[/b] [i]You are asking for NVIDIA to disclose sensitive engineering information, so that you have a leg up on street date purchases. Correct?[/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1330997219' post='1379116']

I'm hardly a troll thank you very much. Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. There is no "in other words," you took my explanation near verbatim.

EDIT: You are asking for NVIDIA to disclose sensitive engineering information, so that you have a leg up on street date purchases. Correct?

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

So we must hand it over to our tame PC tweaker. Some say he sticky tapes a block of uranium to his dinner before eating it and that he sucks moisture out of ducks. All we know is, he's called Hooks.

"Eye of the Storm" Window Mod Tutorial <> "Inside Crysis 2" <> Top Tier Water-Blocks 2011 <> SSD Unlimited Storage Tutorial

Posted 03/06/2012 01:43 AM   
That's kind of what I am asking Mr. Troll... In other words, more or less some sort of preview on what to expect and not some rumor speculation BS.. Everyone wants to hear something FROM Nvidia... benchmark scores... a game play video demonstrating performance gains.. anything really... doesn't have to be disclosed sensitive information... The thing is, they could give us a small taste but don't... It's annoying... /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
That's kind of what I am asking Mr. Troll... In other words, more or less some sort of preview on what to expect and not some rumor speculation BS.. Everyone wants to hear something FROM Nvidia... benchmark scores... a game play video demonstrating performance gains.. anything really... doesn't have to be disclosed sensitive information... The thing is, they could give us a small taste but don't... It's annoying... /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Posted 03/06/2012 01:53 AM   
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1330998793' post='1379126']That's kind of what I am asking Mr. Troll...[/quote]
What is there to be gained with a response like this?

Pre-releasing any amount of product information is an instant (and very demanding) commitment where even the slightest degrees of failure will be far more damaging than any slanderous piece of speculation, to say nothing of the advantages it can provide to the competition. Concrete facts are only available when NVIDIA sees the product as being absolutely ready, and until then, all information surrounding it is sensitive.
[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1330998793' post='1379126']That's kind of what I am asking Mr. Troll...

What is there to be gained with a response like this?

Pre-releasing any amount of product information is an instant (and very demanding) commitment where even the slightest degrees of failure will be far more damaging than any slanderous piece of speculation, to say nothing of the advantages it can provide to the competition. Concrete facts are only available when NVIDIA sees the product as being absolutely ready, and until then, all information surrounding it is sensitive.

GeForce Technical Marketing

Posted 03/06/2012 02:35 AM   
Hooks definitely is no troll...

As per what's already been said - specifications are finalised on release. Release dates would be nice if they were set in stone - but things happen outside of the control of even the largest companies... so they can only ever be approximate.
Yes, as a consumer - it'd be nice to have a heads up on the specs of the up and coming GPUs - so you know if the new generation is going to be worth waiting for. But, realistically, that's never going to happen - too far in advance and the competition could feasibly adjust their specs / actual GPU performance to make it LOOK (possibly actually be) better than said announced one and you'd be in a very similar situation. Not far enough in advance & there'd be no point.

Also, a lot of benchmarks can be swayed by the rest of the system - to eek out extra performance figures that most users will never see (unless they spend thousands on their PC) A lot of companies tend to be bias towards their own products to market them - hence needing independant reviewers. This in turn requires NDAs to prevent them giving too much away etc etc etc

(some PC specific - some business specific - but the general gist is there)

Plus what Exitios just wrote while I was creating that... damn you're quick Puppy /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Hooks definitely is no troll...

As per what's already been said - specifications are finalised on release. Release dates would be nice if they were set in stone - but things happen outside of the control of even the largest companies... so they can only ever be approximate.

Yes, as a consumer - it'd be nice to have a heads up on the specs of the up and coming GPUs - so you know if the new generation is going to be worth waiting for. But, realistically, that's never going to happen - too far in advance and the competition could feasibly adjust their specs / actual GPU performance to make it LOOK (possibly actually be) better than said announced one and you'd be in a very similar situation. Not far enough in advance & there'd be no point.

Also, a lot of benchmarks can be swayed by the rest of the system - to eek out extra performance figures that most users will never see (unless they spend thousands on their PC) A lot of companies tend to be bias towards their own products to market them - hence needing independant reviewers. This in turn requires NDAs to prevent them giving too much away etc etc etc

(some PC specific - some business specific - but the general gist is there)

Plus what Exitios just wrote while I was creating that... damn you're quick Puppy /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 03/06/2012 02:47 AM   
We can't comment on any unannounced product.

Amorphous

[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1330993817' post='1379095']
[/quote]
We can't comment on any unannounced product.

Amorphous

[quote name='exodus1337' date='05 March 2012 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1330993817' post='1379095']

NVIDIA | Technical Marketing Manager
GeForce Forums - Special Counsel

Posted 03/07/2012 12:33 AM   
I'm not gonna drag this on or argue.... I already realize and know everything you guys have been saying... All I am saying is they could give us a small taste... just a ballpark figure... They know what their building long before they start... and know what they are probably going to end yup with... There are certain specs that are set in stone... doesn't have to be shared but they can give us some sort of information or benchmarks that keeps us excited and waiting for the new hardware... and that's the truth...
I'm not gonna drag this on or argue.... I already realize and know everything you guys have been saying... All I am saying is they could give us a small taste... just a ballpark figure... They know what their building long before they start... and know what they are probably going to end yup with... There are certain specs that are set in stone... doesn't have to be shared but they can give us some sort of information or benchmarks that keeps us excited and waiting for the new hardware... and that's the truth...

Posted 03/07/2012 06:18 PM   
[quote name='exodus1337' date='07 March 2012 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1331144338' post='1379872']
[/quote]
[i]
Please inform yourself about the properties and legality of NDAs. You are asking the same question when it has been answered multiple times. Engineering information is delicate, and could have negative repercussions if "said" information released in an untimely manor. Your impatience is no reason for a global conglomerate such as NVIDIA to jeopardize their integrity. I'm sorry that is the fact of the matter. You can call me, or anyone else a "troll" if you wish, but you are receiving good information from good sources. Patience, you knowing the details isn't going to change the final product upon official specification release. [/i]

-Hooks
[quote name='exodus1337' date='07 March 2012 - 01:18 PM' timestamp='1331144338' post='1379872']

Please inform yourself about the properties and legality of NDAs. You are asking the same question when it has been answered multiple times. Engineering information is delicate, and could have negative repercussions if "said" information released in an untimely manor. Your impatience is no reason for a global conglomerate such as NVIDIA to jeopardize their integrity. I'm sorry that is the fact of the matter. You can call me, or anyone else a "troll" if you wish, but you are receiving good information from good sources. Patience, you knowing the details isn't going to change the final product upon official specification release.

-Hooks

*Jeremy Clarkson face*

Posted 03/07/2012 11:28 PM   
I am not asking them to jeopardize anything my friend.... There are MULTIPLE ways to correctly and safely advertise for upcoming and new GPU's which do not jeopardize the company in any way WHAT SO EVER... I have patients.............. I am not asking a question............... You are taking this the wrong way and in the wrong direction...............

"Patience, you knowing the details isn't going to change the final product upon official specification release" WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OMFG

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
I am not asking them to jeopardize anything my friend.... There are MULTIPLE ways to correctly and safely advertise for upcoming and new GPU's which do not jeopardize the company in any way WHAT SO EVER... I have patients.............. I am not asking a question............... You are taking this the wrong way and in the wrong direction...............

"Patience, you knowing the details isn't going to change the final product upon official specification release" WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OMFG

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Posted 03/08/2012 01:54 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top