GeForce 7900 GS drivers for W7 and W8
Hello,
I am fairly new to this forum and fairly new to graphic cards and replacements.
I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop which was delivered with Windows XP with the option of upgrading to Windows Vista years ago. Dell at that time HAD a driver for the graphics (card/module?) which presented the image on the screen correctly. When updating to Windows 7 and testing Windows Home Server Vail and now Windows 8 Customer Preview I can't find a suitable graphic driver neither at Dell nor at nVidia to get a perfect image. Currently Windows has installed the generic Non-PnP Monitor driver. The most annoying thing is that the image is distorted so that circular objects are oblong. The download site says that no driver can be found for my 7900 GS. Is there a replacement or a substitute? Do I need to get a new card/module/chip (whatever is on the motherboard) as a replacement in order to be able to use the laptop correctly in the future? Grateful for all your input.
Hello,

I have a Dell XPS M1710 laptop which was delivered with Windows XP with the option of upgrading to Windows Vista years ago. Dell at that time HAD a driver for the graphics (card/module?) which presented the image on the screen correctly. When updating to Windows 7 and testing Windows Home Server Vail and now Windows 8 Customer Preview I can't find a suitable graphic driver neither at Dell nor at nVidia to get a perfect image. Currently Windows has installed the generic Non-PnP Monitor driver. The most annoying thing is that the image is distorted so that circular objects are oblong. The download site says that no driver can be found for my 7900 GS. Is there a replacement or a substitute? Do I need to get a new card/module/chip (whatever is on the motherboard) as a replacement in order to be able to use the laptop correctly in the future? Grateful for all your input.

Posted 03/05/2012 11:43 PM   
[quote name='Perbear' date='05 March 2012 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1330990980' post='1379077']
Hello,
[/quote]

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/8972

If you haven't found what you're looking for yet, this link should take you to a driver that supports the 7900GS mobile graphics card. That is a Windows 7 64-bit driver. If you want 32-bit, they were available on the site as well. Not sure about Windows 8 support yet.
[quote name='Perbear' date='05 March 2012 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1330990980' post='1379077']

Hello,

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/8972

If you haven't found what you're looking for yet, this link should take you to a driver that supports the 7900GS mobile graphics card. That is a Windows 7 64-bit driver. If you want 32-bit, they were available on the site as well. Not sure about Windows 8 support yet.

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 980X 6-core Extreme CPU
12GB Supertalent DDR3 1333
2x128GB Corsair SSD Raid 0 Array
1.5TB Seagate
500GB WD Caviar
ASUS P6T 3-way SLI Motherboard, x58 Skt 1366
EVGA GTX680 SC + Galaxy GTX680 in SLI
Corsair TX850 PSU
ThermalTake V9 Black Widow mid