Monitor goes black, computer stays on, freezes, crashes.... help Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
Monitor goes black, computer stays on, random freeze on desktop browsing with mozilla with sound loop in background, crashes with monitor turn on and PC frozed.... help
i tried all the fixes on this forum... even the 3D performance fix, i still have the driver error

my system: Phenom2 X4 955 Black Edition, ASrock 870 Extreme3, 2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX, WD6400AAKS, WD6401AALS, Gigabyte GTX460 1GB 256bit twinfan, Windows 7 64bit ultimate, Nod32 antivirus 5.0.95, firewall OFF, Windows AERO OFF, mozilla hardware acceleration OFF, no OverCloking
nvidia driver: v295.73

i'm sick and tired with this video card, my next card will be ATi for sure
Monitor goes black, computer stays on, random freeze on desktop browsing with mozilla with sound loop in background, crashes with monitor turn on and PC frozed.... help

i tried all the fixes on this forum... even the 3D performance fix, i still have the driver error

my system: Phenom2 X4 955 Black Edition, ASrock 870 Extreme3, 2 x 2GB Kingston HyperX, WD6400AAKS, WD6401AALS, Gigabyte GTX460 1GB 256bit twinfan, Windows 7 64bit ultimate, Nod32 antivirus 5.0.95, firewall OFF, Windows AERO OFF, mozilla hardware acceleration OFF, no OverCloking

nvidia driver: v295.73

i'm sick and tired with this video card, my next card will be ATi for sure

FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 Pro, Gigabyte GTX660 2GB OC, 8Gb Mushkin Redline 1866mhz, OCZ ZS 550W, windows 7 64bit

Posted 03/02/2012 06:21 AM   
Try another browser and see how you go.

And what PSU do you have?
Try another browser and see how you go.

And what PSU do you have?

Potato

Posted 03/02/2012 08:37 AM   
Antec TruePower 650W
Antec TruePower 650W

FX-8350, ASUS M5A97 Pro, Gigabyte GTX660 2GB OC, 8Gb Mushkin Redline 1866mhz, OCZ ZS 550W, windows 7 64bit

Posted 03/02/2012 09:12 AM   
I have the same problem with an GTX580 PNY.

I cant play any more, i cant watch any youtube video anymore, my computer freeze and crash after couple of minutes, i cant do anything.

I tried 5 or 6 differentes NVIDIA drivers from 275 to 295 with a clean installation, but i always have the same problem.

I have a brand new Seasonic X Series 600W.

I also have a lot of BSOD.
I have the same problem with an GTX580 PNY.

I cant play any more, i cant watch any youtube video anymore, my computer freeze and crash after couple of minutes, i cant do anything.

I tried 5 or 6 differentes NVIDIA drivers from 275 to 295 with a clean installation, but i always have the same problem.

I have a brand new Seasonic X Series 600W.

I also have a lot of BSOD.

Posted 03/02/2012 09:25 AM   
I've been having a very similar issue with my 460 since updating to the latest 295.whatever WHQL drivers. Anytime I load a game, my monitors will lose signal, the vid card fan will go full speed and the system freezes up, requiring a hard reboot. I didn't have this issue prior to updating drivers and it happens with any game. I have tried going back to 285.62 and thoroughly removed any traces of the 295's yet the problem still persists.
I've been having a very similar issue with my 460 since updating to the latest 295.whatever WHQL drivers. Anytime I load a game, my monitors will lose signal, the vid card fan will go full speed and the system freezes up, requiring a hard reboot. I didn't have this issue prior to updating drivers and it happens with any game. I have tried going back to 285.62 and thoroughly removed any traces of the 295's yet the problem still persists.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3800mhz

4gb DDR3 1600 CL 8

MSI GTX 460 @ 922 mhz / 2100 mhz

Posted 03/05/2012 05:12 AM   
I fixed my problem with a clean installation of Windows 7.

I had to format my computer and to install everything again, and the driver 285.

Everything is running fine now.
I fixed my problem with a clean installation of Windows 7.

I had to format my computer and to install everything again, and the driver 285.

Everything is running fine now.

Posted 03/05/2012 02:53 PM   
My comp developed the same problem nearly around the same time.

Asrock 870 Extreme 3
AMD Phenom II 965BE
8GB 1333 RipJaw Ram
EVGA GTX 460 2GB Ram
1000 Watt Rosewill Bronze PSU
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU
5" fan in top, standard fans in front and rear (CPU and Sys Tems never over 38c.)

I've spent close to three months troubleshooting this issue. I first did a uninstall and reinstall of the Microsoft FSX and Xplane, problem kept occurring. I then did a full reformat, problem persisted. I updated all the drivers for every componenet. The hard crashing persisted.

I had an XFX Radeon 5770 in a HTPC, I removed it and installed it in the gaming PC that was getting crashes. The crashes persisted. I downloaded and installed all the Extreme3 870 Bios Updates. The crashing still persisted. I switched the card from the PCI 2.0 16x slot to the 8x slot, crashing still is occuring.

I've come to conclude the Asrock 870 board must be bad because that seems to be the common denominator amongst those who've post here. Or it might be an AMD processor issue, not corporating with the Nvidia chipsets.
My comp developed the same problem nearly around the same time.

Asrock 870 Extreme 3

AMD Phenom II 965BE

8GB 1333 RipJaw Ram

EVGA GTX 460 2GB Ram

1000 Watt Rosewill Bronze PSU

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU

5" fan in top, standard fans in front and rear (CPU and Sys Tems never over 38c.)

I've spent close to three months troubleshooting this issue. I first did a uninstall and reinstall of the Microsoft FSX and Xplane, problem kept occurring. I then did a full reformat, problem persisted. I updated all the drivers for every componenet. The hard crashing persisted.

I had an XFX Radeon 5770 in a HTPC, I removed it and installed it in the gaming PC that was getting crashes. The crashes persisted. I downloaded and installed all the Extreme3 870 Bios Updates. The crashing still persisted. I switched the card from the PCI 2.0 16x slot to the 8x slot, crashing still is occuring.

I've come to conclude the Asrock 870 board must be bad because that seems to be the common denominator amongst those who've post here. Or it might be an AMD processor issue, not corporating with the Nvidia chipsets.

Posted 06/10/2012 07:02 PM   
I SOLVED black screen + jammed sound freeze about a month ago. Tried many things, but only one worked: Well I think the main problem comes from the power supply. Download any program that allows you to clock your graphic card (I used nVidiaInspector) and underclock it a little. I had often crashes in League of Legends, Diablo 3, Ghost recon FS, BF3, Spec ops the line, and similar games, but since i turned both GPU and graphic memory 40 MHz lower, I never had even one crash, and the underclocking had no serious impact on fps. Seems like capacitors cant handle highest performance any more.
I SOLVED black screen + jammed sound freeze about a month ago. Tried many things, but only one worked:

Well I think the main problem comes from the power supply.

Download any program that allows you to clock your graphic card (I used nVidiaInspector) and underclock it a little.

I had often crashes in League of Legends, Diablo 3, Ghost recon FS, BF3, Spec ops the line, and similar games, but since i turned both GPU and graphic memory 40 MHz lower, I never had even one crash, and the underclocking had no serious impact on fps. Seems like capacitors cant handle highest performance any more.

Posted 06/18/2013 07:40 PM   
Scroll To Top