Flickering with forced AA in Tera Online
For those who don't know, Tera is an MMOG which is currently in closed beta tests in NA/EU region.

I am using 2x GTX 470 SLI. The game works correctly with SLI and supports AA with an option in the game settings. However this option only enables 2x MSAA with no option to choose any higher AA settings. If I force AA settings instead with Nvidia Control Panel, I get this regular seizure-inducing flicker while playing. It appears as a sudden flashing of a black screen every now and then during gameplay. This is actually the same bug which exists with the Korean Tera client, with the same flickering issue. I am using 295.73 WHQL.

Tera is a game which uses customized Unreal Engine 3, running only in DX9 mode. So it shouldn't have any problems with SLI/forced AA but it does and it has ever since it originally launched in Korea. I hope Nvidia can fix this before the game launches in NA/EU region.
For those who don't know, Tera is an MMOG which is currently in closed beta tests in NA/EU region.

I am using 2x GTX 470 SLI. The game works correctly with SLI and supports AA with an option in the game settings. However this option only enables 2x MSAA with no option to choose any higher AA settings. If I force AA settings instead with Nvidia Control Panel, I get this regular seizure-inducing flicker while playing. It appears as a sudden flashing of a black screen every now and then during gameplay. This is actually the same bug which exists with the Korean Tera client, with the same flickering issue. I am using 295.73 WHQL.

Tera is a game which uses customized Unreal Engine 3, running only in DX9 mode. So it shouldn't have any problems with SLI/forced AA but it does and it has ever since it originally launched in Korea. I hope Nvidia can fix this before the game launches in NA/EU region.

Posted 03/01/2012 07:09 AM   
I have the same issue, but the thing is, even when I don't use nVidia inspector to force AA the flickering is still there when setting Lighting Enhancement to setting 1.
It appears that when you don't set this to 2, you can do whatever you want, but you'll get the flickering anyway.

The problem is fixed for most users by using 1 card to render the game, and the other for forced AA.

I'm using nvidia driver 296.10
I have the same issue, but the thing is, even when I don't use nVidia inspector to force AA the flickering is still there when setting Lighting Enhancement to setting 1.

It appears that when you don't set this to 2, you can do whatever you want, but you'll get the flickering anyway.

The problem is fixed for most users by using 1 card to render the game, and the other for forced AA.

I'm using nvidia driver 296.10

Posted 03/19/2012 08:18 AM   
Scroll To Top