Dont know where to plug this in.....Need your Wisdom
Hows it goin Guys,
I hope this is the correct place to post this, If not I Apologize.
Like the title says, I don't where to plug in this Cable with a yellow end, I'm 90% sure its for the lights that surround the case seeing how they don't work and pretty much everything else does.
Sorry for The low Quality Pics, The PC Is not here right now otherwise I'd take some nicer ones.
The case is a Gateway Dx4850-45c Which I'm pretty sure Cant be bought anymore and is impossible to find any specs on because of some motherboard chip-set issue that ended in a big recall or something.

Anyways, Heres the yellow ended Cable.
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/Jeremy_Gagnon/WP_001132.jpg?t=1330552506[/img]

And some Shots of the bottom of the motherboard that hopefully can help out in finding where this thing goes. Again, I apologize for the Mad Photography Skills.

HD AUDIO area.
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/Jeremy_Gagnon/WP_001135.jpg?t=1330552609[/img]

Bottom of Mobo.
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/Jeremy_Gagnon/WP_001134.jpg?t=1330552637[/img]

USB Area.
[img]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m571/Jeremy_Gagnon/WP_001133.jpg?t=1330552665[/img]

Those are all the Pictures I have, Sorry I don't have any good ones of the LED Connectors Area of the Mobo, I suppose that would've been the most helpful area, but I cant get pics of it until tomorrow.
Any help and advice will be Greatly Appreciated.
If you need more pics let me know and i will get them tomorrow. Thanks.
SkyChaseZone.
Hows it goin Guys,

I hope this is the correct place to post this, If not I Apologize.

Like the title says, I don't where to plug in this Cable with a yellow end, I'm 90% sure its for the lights that surround the case seeing how they don't work and pretty much everything else does.

Sorry for The low Quality Pics, The PC Is not here right now otherwise I'd take some nicer ones.

The case is a Gateway Dx4850-45c Which I'm pretty sure Cant be bought anymore and is impossible to find any specs on because of some motherboard chip-set issue that ended in a big recall or something.

Anyways, Heres the yellow ended Cable.

And some Shots of the bottom of the motherboard that hopefully can help out in finding where this thing goes. Again, I apologize for the Mad Photography Skills.

HD AUDIO area.

Bottom of Mobo.

USB Area.

Those are all the Pictures I have, Sorry I don't have any good ones of the LED Connectors Area of the Mobo, I suppose that would've been the most helpful area, but I cant get pics of it until tomorrow.

Any help and advice will be Greatly Appreciated.

If you need more pics let me know and i will get them tomorrow. Thanks.

SkyChaseZone.

Posted 02/29/2012 10:19 PM   
I'm guessing you swapped the motherboard out? I bet it's a custom plug. It probably carries ground, hdd led, power led, sleep led? Total WAG.
I'm guessing you swapped the motherboard out? I bet it's a custom plug. It probably carries ground, hdd led, power led, sleep led? Total WAG.

Posted 02/29/2012 10:44 PM   
is it just me who thinks, it is pretty obvious that the yellow colorcoded connector goes to the yellow header? /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
(as it can be seen on [url="http://www.pcpop.com/doc/pic/002102318.html"]this pic[/url] too, btw... but of course i understand it is [i]impossible to find[/i] info on this computer... if you do not even try. /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> )
is it just me who thinks, it is pretty obvious that the yellow colorcoded connector goes to the yellow header? /rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

(as it can be seen on this pic too, btw... but of course i understand it is impossible to find info on this computer... if you do not even try. /wallbash.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wallbash:' /> )
Posted 03/01/2012 07:38 AM   
No, the yellow header is for 1 of 3 things

1.) Audio/Sound card extensions

2.) Serial, USB, or Firewire (iEEE1394)

3.) Some other custom recepticle based on Gateway/Dell etc.. Proprietary design A nice/fancy way of saying "our customers will have no choice but to dump large amounts of money for any sort of "upgrade" they desire simply because most aftermarket upgrades are not physically compatible with our proprietary components." This is unlikely, but possible.

The connection for which that plug seems to have originated from would be the single row of black colored connections of the same pin count.
Your pic shows a similar connection to the right with a similar cable in residence upon said connection.

This is more than likely audio related or as said above part of the various power, hdd led, pc speaker connections portion of the board, this, however is exremely unlikely as they are almost always in a single cluster with more pins colored differentlly per pin assignment.

Again, it's all speculation with brand name builds and with no model number/official specs/documentation to go on, it's sort of a crapshoot unless you take it to the next level.

If I were you I would simply trace back the cable to see what it's connected to on the other end.

Also, take note of the various things that arn't working correctly or at all, as you touched on in your post, this gives u a clue as to what to look for.

I will say again, I would stay away from that yellow header as it is unlikely to be the mate of your mystery cable, unless of course you have strong reasons to believe otherwise.

Remember, PC's became commonplace over a decade ago, and because of this the PC manufacturers have since color coded and made most connections unique via specific pin placements and custom male/female junctions the results of which practically make assembing the hardware portion of things idiot proof.

That doesn't mean, of course, that the cookie cutter companies like dell and gateway MUST follow these guidlines, in fact they are smart as they know the upgrade path is pointed directly at them.

So, good luck, hope u get it sorted..

~Nutz

EDIT: To confirm, the yellow header is 99.9% likely to be the connection point for a serial port dongle, usually these "dongles" are included with motherboard purchases.

See image:

[url="http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg"]http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg[/url]
No, the yellow header is for 1 of 3 things

1.) Audio/Sound card extensions

2.) Serial, USB, or Firewire (iEEE1394)

3.) Some other custom recepticle based on Gateway/Dell etc.. Proprietary design A nice/fancy way of saying "our customers will have no choice but to dump large amounts of money for any sort of "upgrade" they desire simply because most aftermarket upgrades are not physically compatible with our proprietary components." This is unlikely, but possible.

The connection for which that plug seems to have originated from would be the single row of black colored connections of the same pin count.

Your pic shows a similar connection to the right with a similar cable in residence upon said connection.

This is more than likely audio related or as said above part of the various power, hdd led, pc speaker connections portion of the board, this, however is exremely unlikely as they are almost always in a single cluster with more pins colored differentlly per pin assignment.

Again, it's all speculation with brand name builds and with no model number/official specs/documentation to go on, it's sort of a crapshoot unless you take it to the next level.

If I were you I would simply trace back the cable to see what it's connected to on the other end.

Also, take note of the various things that arn't working correctly or at all, as you touched on in your post, this gives u a clue as to what to look for.

I will say again, I would stay away from that yellow header as it is unlikely to be the mate of your mystery cable, unless of course you have strong reasons to believe otherwise.

Remember, PC's became commonplace over a decade ago, and because of this the PC manufacturers have since color coded and made most connections unique via specific pin placements and custom male/female junctions the results of which practically make assembing the hardware portion of things idiot proof.

That doesn't mean, of course, that the cookie cutter companies like dell and gateway MUST follow these guidlines, in fact they are smart as they know the upgrade path is pointed directly at them.

So, good luck, hope u get it sorted..

~Nutz

EDIT: To confirm, the yellow header is 99.9% likely to be the connection point for a serial port dongle, usually these "dongles" are included with motherboard purchases.

See image:

http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg

EVGA Classified - e760

Intel i7 980x @ 3.8Ghz

Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50

Corsair Dominator GT - 12GB @ 2000Mhz

Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe

3x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked in TriSLI

Clocks: ©800Mhz - (S)1598Mhz - (M)4053Mhz {E}

2x 150GB WD RaptorX in Raid 0

2x 1TB WD Black in Raid 0

2x Samsung DVD Burners

PC P&C T12W 1200w PSU

MPlay202+ System Control/Display

Custom Cooler Master Stacker 830

Vidikron Vision 150 DLP Projector 120"- 1080P

Samsung LN52B750 52" LCD HDTV

2x LG L227WG 22" LCDs

3D Vision - Driver ver. 1.23

Posted 03/01/2012 08:13 AM   
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' date='01 March 2012 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1330589617' post='1377018']

See image:

[url="http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg"]http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

no, it is not. and the image you linked is not this motherboard.
[quote name='ImNutz4NvSLI' date='01 March 2012 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1330589617' post='1377018']

See image:

http://ashishd.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/mb.jpg

no, it is not. and the image you linked is not this motherboard.
Posted 03/01/2012 08:55 AM   
Thanks guys, got it all sorted out.
Was not what I thought it was, but everything's workin now =) thanks again.
Thanks guys, got it all sorted out.

Was not what I thought it was, but everything's workin now =) thanks again.

Posted 03/01/2012 11:06 PM   
It's a yellow plug with 5 rows of pins, in every picture you provided there is a connector on the motherboard that is also yellow and has 5 pins... put 'em together!
It's a yellow plug with 5 rows of pins, in every picture you provided there is a connector on the motherboard that is also yellow and has 5 pins... put 'em together!

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 03/02/2012 10:36 AM   
Scroll To Top