Asus k52j and nvidia problems
So 5 months ago or so i got the asus k52j and immediately formatted and installed fedora... everything works smooth but now i installed windows 7 on a different partition so i can dual boot and play games. But here comes the problem... i just can't install the nvidia drivers for my 310M card. I don't really get the whole optimus thing (i guess it's so that the pc uses a different card while performing easy graphic tasks but switches to the nvidia card when performing high end tasks/whatever so it doesn't drain the battery that much? anyway...). I literally read every topic google has offered me... every driver i try i get the "nvidia installer can't continue. Driver couldn't find the correct hardware (rough translation from my language). I can't play any games since they're lagging or some elements don't even load (like the street in gta4). Currently right now in my bios under GPU i have selected "reserved" but i had win7/vista selected too, nothing changes...

So long story short, can someone write a little tutorial for me how to get the nvidia geforce 310m to work in windows 7 (32 bit) on asus k52j? I'm desperate
So 5 months ago or so i got the asus k52j and immediately formatted and installed fedora... everything works smooth but now i installed windows 7 on a different partition so i can dual boot and play games. But here comes the problem... i just can't install the nvidia drivers for my 310M card. I don't really get the whole optimus thing (i guess it's so that the pc uses a different card while performing easy graphic tasks but switches to the nvidia card when performing high end tasks/whatever so it doesn't drain the battery that much? anyway...). I literally read every topic google has offered me... every driver i try i get the "nvidia installer can't continue. Driver couldn't find the correct hardware (rough translation from my language). I can't play any games since they're lagging or some elements don't even load (like the street in gta4). Currently right now in my bios under GPU i have selected "reserved" but i had win7/vista selected too, nothing changes...

So long story short, can someone write a little tutorial for me how to get the nvidia geforce 310m to work in windows 7 (32 bit) on asus k52j? I'm desperate

Posted 02/29/2012 08:21 PM   
Hi shadow666,

I am having the same problem!! (Asus K52JC)

any help would idd be appreciated!!!!!!
Hi shadow666,

I am having the same problem!! (Asus K52JC)

any help would idd be appreciated!!!!!!

Posted 02/29/2012 08:55 PM   
I feel you, bro.

This is a serious problem, guys! Any help would be appreciated!
I feel you, bro.

This is a serious problem, guys! Any help would be appreciated!

Posted 03/01/2012 12:15 PM   
I have a k52jc with geforce m310 and optimus. Win 7 Pro [b][u]64 bit[/u][/b]

this worked for me:

I have updated bios version .. v 206 to 216, and installed And older version for geforce ( 257.41 ) (129,48 MB)

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K52Jc&p=3&s=245 <----- Download BIOS and VGA drivers, try older versions first

this solved graphic isues like " forced integrated graphics ". Now i can run games with High Rendering Nvidia pro..

maybe this works for 32 bit versions to..
I have a k52jc with geforce m310 and optimus. Win 7 Pro 64 bit

this worked for me:

I have updated bios version .. v 206 to 216, and installed And older version for geforce ( 257.41 ) (129,48 MB)

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K52Jc&p=3&s=245 <----- Download BIOS and VGA drivers, try older versions first

this solved graphic isues like " forced integrated graphics ". Now i can run games with High Rendering Nvidia pro..

maybe this works for 32 bit versions to..

Posted 04/05/2012 06:57 PM   
What tool did you use to update the BIOS?
What tool did you use to update the BIOS?

Posted 06/20/2012 03:05 AM   
Hi everyone, I had a same porblem whit yours. Here's my solution: 1. Step: Go to the bios (don't update) 2. Step: Chose restore default options, settings (or something like similar) 3. Step: Save settings and restart your system 4. Step: Your Os. will see both video cards 5. Step: Now you can run the Nvidia driver I hope it helps!
Hi everyone,

I had a same porblem whit yours. Here's my solution:

1. Step: Go to the bios (don't update)
2. Step: Chose restore default options, settings (or something like similar)
3. Step: Save settings and restart your system
4. Step: Your Os. will see both video cards
5. Step: Now you can run the Nvidia driver

I hope it helps!

Posted 02/11/2013 12:57 PM   
Scroll To Top