Windows 8 Drivers and Support Information for 3D Vision owners
  1 / 2    
Hi All

Today Microsoft released the Windows 8 Customer Preview. We are currently recommending all users use the 295.73 Windows 7 drivers with Windows 8. This driver will support fullscreen applications only for 3D Vision.

We are working on releasing some more information on Windows 8, so stay tuned.
Hi All

Today Microsoft released the Windows 8 Customer Preview. We are currently recommending all users use the 295.73 Windows 7 drivers with Windows 8. This driver will support fullscreen applications only for 3D Vision.

Posted 02/29/2012 05:47 PM   
(Looks around the internet regarding Windows 8) Uhhh... don't knock yourselves out on this. If the driver team has some other projects they think might be more interesting to work on, I'm good with them being a little behind the Windows 8 release date.... or a lot behind....
(Looks around the internet regarding Windows 8) Uhhh... don't knock yourselves out on this. If the driver team has some other projects they think might be more interesting to work on, I'm good with them being a little behind the Windows 8 release date.... or a lot behind....

Posted 03/03/2012 01:53 PM   
I have installed windows 8 consumer preview and now when I install Nvidia driver (295.73-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql), after restart, nothing appears on the screen. Then I have to run my system in safe mode and remove NVidia drivers.....can someone please help!!

More details about my computer
Dell inspiron 15r
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM
Graphic Card: NVidia GT 525M
I have installed windows 8 consumer preview and now when I install Nvidia driver (295.73-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql), after restart, nothing appears on the screen. Then I have to run my system in safe mode and remove NVidia drivers.....can someone please help!!

More details about my computer

Dell inspiron 15r

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

Total amount of system memory 6.00 GB RAM

Graphic Card: NVidia GT 525M

Posted 03/03/2012 06:57 PM   
You might ask Dell about it. Notebook computers sometimes do special things to their drivers. You're probably better off not doing the consumer preview (read: beta test), though. Wipe the drive and re-install your old OS.
You might ask Dell about it. Notebook computers sometimes do special things to their drivers. You're probably better off not doing the consumer preview (read: beta test), though. Wipe the drive and re-install your old OS.

Posted 03/04/2012 04:02 PM   
hallo
I have installed windows 8 consumer preview and the driver works. but if i´ll look a 3d movie or play a game whith 3d vision, i can´t see it in 3d. if i test the 3d whith the vision driver, 3d works fine, but only by the test. with other applications it shows only one of the side-by-side pictures and the transmitter do not goes on. is this a normal problem whith windows 8 or how can i fix this problem?
(sorry about my bad english)

thanks for your answers!!
hallo

I have installed windows 8 consumer preview and the driver works. but if i´ll look a 3d movie or play a game whith 3d vision, i can´t see it in 3d. if i test the 3d whith the vision driver, 3d works fine, but only by the test. with other applications it shows only one of the side-by-side pictures and the transmitter do not goes on. is this a normal problem whith windows 8 or how can i fix this problem?

(sorry about my bad english)

thanks for your answers!!

Posted 03/04/2012 10:31 PM   
Someone mentioned that it would be unheard of, that MS would not allow directx 11.1 in Windows 7. I think it will debut with Windows 8 but become available within the week or so with windows 7. It's only a 0.1 difference.

I got it on my TV computer. It's not bad and I could get used to it. MS might try to concentrate on making this OS less bulky since it will go on lower performance tablets and such. This might make it the better operating system if they concentrate on that rather than the usual bells and whistles.

Wonder what will be the first directx 11.1 game we get to try out?
Someone mentioned that it would be unheard of, that MS would not allow directx 11.1 in Windows 7. I think it will debut with Windows 8 but become available within the week or so with windows 7. It's only a 0.1 difference.

I got it on my TV computer. It's not bad and I could get used to it. MS might try to concentrate on making this OS less bulky since it will go on lower performance tablets and such. This might make it the better operating system if they concentrate on that rather than the usual bells and whistles.

Wonder what will be the first directx 11.1 game we get to try out?

Posted 03/06/2012 02:13 PM   
I've just installed the consumer preview, and I can't get 3dTV Play to do much of anything. The option for Stereoscopic 3d don't show up in the Nvidia Control Panel, and running the setup seems to work but never gets to the actual activation program.

Anyone had any luck?

Cheers

CDJay
I've just installed the consumer preview, and I can't get 3dTV Play to do much of anything. The option for Stereoscopic 3d don't show up in the Nvidia Control Panel, and running the setup seems to work but never gets to the actual activation program.

Anyone had any luck?

Cheers

CDJay

Posted 03/09/2012 01:15 AM   
[quote name='CDJay' date='08 March 2012 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1331255728' post='1380363']

Anyone had any luck?

Cheers

CDJay
[/quote]
Wish I could help but it works for me except when I try to use roller mod where the setup wizard does hangup. I am using latest drivers 295.73. . I have tested it w trine 2 and the straight 3dtvplay works great.
[quote name='CDJay' date='08 March 2012 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1331255728' post='1380363']

Anyone had any luck?

Cheers

CDJay

Wish I could help but it works for me except when I try to use roller mod where the setup wizard does hangup. I am using latest drivers 295.73. . I have tested it w trine 2 and the straight 3dtvplay works great.

Posted 03/10/2012 04:49 PM   
I'm using the Win8 drivers rolled out through Windows Update so I'm guessing that's where I'm running into problems. Rather than roll back I'll await an updated set and/or 3dtv play activation thing :)

CDJay
I'm using the Win8 drivers rolled out through Windows Update so I'm guessing that's where I'm running into problems. Rather than roll back I'll await an updated set and/or 3dtv play activation thing :)

CDJay

Posted 03/11/2012 10:11 PM   
W8CP with 3D Vision on GT435M *(driver 196.17) and IR USB adaptor. Photo viewer 3D works full screen but not windowed. Also, with the "Direct3D stereoscopic 3D sample" ([url="http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Direct3D-111-Simple-Stereo-9b2b61aa"]My link[/url]), IDXGIFactory2::IsWindowedStereoEnabled returns false.

Is this expected behaviour at current state of drivers or is there a W8CP compatible driver somewhere?
W8CP with 3D Vision on GT435M *(driver 196.17) and IR USB adaptor. Photo viewer 3D works full screen but not windowed. Also, with the "Direct3D stereoscopic 3D sample" (My link), IDXGIFactory2::IsWindowedStereoEnabled returns false.

Is this expected behaviour at current state of drivers or is there a W8CP compatible driver somewhere?

Posted 03/12/2012 12:25 PM   
No sooner had I commented full screen Stereo 3D works on my Win8CP laptop, then Windows Update kicked in with 'NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA Geoforce GT 435M'. Apparently this 'update' deleted the Photo Viewer program (though leaving the shortcut on my desktop) and Vision controller is missing from NVIDIA Control Panel/System Information/Components and can't get 3D at all.

Is a replacement update in pipeline?

Bob
No sooner had I commented full screen Stereo 3D works on my Win8CP laptop, then Windows Update kicked in with 'NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA Geoforce GT 435M'. Apparently this 'update' deleted the Photo Viewer program (though leaving the shortcut on my desktop) and Vision controller is missing from NVIDIA Control Panel/System Information/Components and can't get 3D at all.

Is a replacement update in pipeline?

Bob

Posted 03/12/2012 04:39 PM   
Turns out that the Windows Update .cab didn't include the 3d vision driver etc. After installing the complete package from Nvidia (296.17) I once again have 3dtv play working! :)

Let's see if Dirt 3 still crashes /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

CDJay
Turns out that the Windows Update .cab didn't include the 3d vision driver etc. After installing the complete package from Nvidia (296.17) I once again have 3dtv play working! :)

Let's see if Dirt 3 still crashes /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

CDJay

Posted 03/14/2012 05:19 PM   
Yep, Dirt 3 still crashing although it's on loading rather than later as before.

Apparantly the WHQL 296.10 drivers don't suffer from this; reckon I should chuck these on Win 8 CP?

Trine 2 and Sonic Generations worked fine, so we're getting there! /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

CDJay
Yep, Dirt 3 still crashing although it's on loading rather than later as before.

Apparantly the WHQL 296.10 drivers don't suffer from this; reckon I should chuck these on Win 8 CP?

Trine 2 and Sonic Generations worked fine, so we're getting there! /wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

CDJay

Posted 03/14/2012 06:17 PM   
I keep loosing 3d capability after I log out of a game and have to reinstall the driver to get 3d to appear in control panel again. I have a gtx 460 wwith an acer h5360 3d projector. am using win 8 consumer evaluation and the 296.17 driver 64 bit
I keep loosing 3d capability after I log out of a game and have to reinstall the driver to get 3d to appear in control panel again. I have a gtx 460 wwith an acer h5360 3d projector. am using win 8 consumer evaluation and the 296.17 driver 64 bit

Posted 03/23/2012 12:55 PM   
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='29 February 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1330537678' post='1376756']
[/quote]

What about Native windows 8 3d support Andrewf?
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=231515
[quote name='andrewf@nvidia' date='29 February 2012 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1330537678' post='1376756']

What about Native windows 8 3d support Andrewf?

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=231515

--------------------------------
2xAsus Gtx580-DCII 950/2100
Intel Q6600@3.6ghz - Asus P5kC - DDR2 4x2gb

Posted 06/12/2012 08:01 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top