SLI core voltage
I hope this is were I should post this, I flashed both my 480s to have the same bios,gpuz says they are the same.I thought when you had the same bios In each card,they would have the same voltage settings,but in afterburner it says my top card is 1.038 & bottom card is 1.025. Can someone tell me if this is rite? The reason I flashed them was to get the voltages the same. Help would be mutch appreciated.
I hope this is were I should post this, I flashed both my 480s to have the same bios,gpuz says they are the same.I thought when you had the same bios In each card,they would have the same voltage settings,but in afterburner it says my top card is 1.038 & bottom card is 1.025. Can someone tell me if this is rite? The reason I flashed them was to get the voltages the same. Help would be mutch appreciated.

Win7-64 // Intel 930at4Ghz // EvgaGTX480SLI // 12G,Corsair & Mushkin,777.20.80 // EvgaX58SLI758-A1

// HT Omega Striker // 28in Hanns-G // 1000w UltraX3 //

Posted 02/28/2012 11:15 PM   
As far as I know they might have different voltages depending on the manufacturers batch of cards. However you can can make both your cards have the same voltage and other settings in afterburner by selecting an option that syncs both your cards settings together. Its under the general tab in settings.
As far as I know they might have different voltages depending on the manufacturers batch of cards. However you can can make both your cards have the same voltage and other settings in afterburner by selecting an option that syncs both your cards settings together. Its under the general tab in settings.

Posted 02/29/2012 05:11 AM   
There both evga GTX480sc,I know about the sync in afterburner but I didnt think I would half to use that for the voltages to be the same after I flashed the cards with the same bios.I thought the bios controlled the voltages. Does that sound rite?
There both evga GTX480sc,I know about the sync in afterburner but I didnt think I would half to use that for the voltages to be the same after I flashed the cards with the same bios.I thought the bios controlled the voltages. Does that sound rite?

Win7-64 // Intel 930at4Ghz // EvgaGTX480SLI // 12G,Corsair & Mushkin,777.20.80 // EvgaX58SLI758-A1

Posted 02/29/2012 07:55 AM   
I just found this out.

The cards are assigned a voltage identification ("VID") after they are manufactured while they are tested. Testing reveals how much voltage should be assigned to that particular chip in order for it to operate properly. Once this VID has been assigned to the chip, the chip will operate at that voltage via the video card's BIOS.

It is not possible to change the VID. It is possible to adjust the video card voltage manually via software or via custom video card BIOS which is instructed to ignore the VID, but the unique VID will always be programmed into the chip.
I just found this out.

The cards are assigned a voltage identification ("VID") after they are manufactured while they are tested. Testing reveals how much voltage should be assigned to that particular chip in order for it to operate properly. Once this VID has been assigned to the chip, the chip will operate at that voltage via the video card's BIOS.

It is not possible to change the VID. It is possible to adjust the video card voltage manually via software or via custom video card BIOS which is instructed to ignore the VID, but the unique VID will always be programmed into the chip.

Posted 02/29/2012 08:12 AM   
Well you prolly know more then me lol. But as I said you can control the voltages in afterburner and sync them aswell. You can make a substantial change in the voltages for overclocking/benchmarking purposes provided you know what to do and what to consider. But if your not careful you can damage or break your card if you set the voltage too high.
Well you prolly know more then me lol. But as I said you can control the voltages in afterburner and sync them aswell. You can make a substantial change in the voltages for overclocking/benchmarking purposes provided you know what to do and what to consider. But if your not careful you can damage or break your card if you set the voltage too high.

Posted 02/29/2012 10:05 AM   
I cant take credit for the info, I found out about the VID thing over at the Evga Forum, ty_ger07 posted it. He saved me.
I cant take credit for the info, I found out about the VID thing over at the Evga Forum, ty_ger07 posted it. He saved me.

Posted 02/29/2012 09:28 PM   
Scroll To Top