video does not awake from power save setting Is 6200 AGP8x 512mb card starting to fail?
Update 2/25/12: Please disregard - this was a monitor failure - video card ok.

I use a power saving mode that turns off the video after half hour of no activity. I used to move the mouse or hit a key on keyboard and the video would restore/resume. Recently I cannot get video to resume. I see light indicator for hard drive (and hear the typical dull sound indicating drive activity). I think I see a faint whitening/brightening flicker of monitor as if the video is trying to come on but doesn't quite make it. I must power down and restart the pc. Is this indication the card is starting to fail?

I installed a used PNY 6200 AGP8x 512 nvidia card about a year ago. I have no idea how old the card is.

The 6200 AGP8x 512mb nvidia card is in an 2004 (8 yr old) hp midsize tower with Asus P4SD-LA (Oxford) motherboard, Intel Pentium 4 2.80HZ and 2GB memory running XP SP3. I use for office work, internet and some video playback but no gaming.

I use a power saving mode that turns off the video after half hour of no activity. I used to move the mouse or hit a key on keyboard and the video would restore/resume. Recently I cannot get video to resume. I see light indicator for hard drive (and hear the typical dull sound indicating drive activity). I think I see a faint whitening/brightening flicker of monitor as if the video is trying to come on but doesn't quite make it. I must power down and restart the pc. Is this indication the card is starting to fail?

I installed a used PNY 6200 AGP8x 512 nvidia card about a year ago. I have no idea how old the card is.

The 6200 AGP8x 512mb nvidia card is in an 2004 (8 yr old) hp midsize tower with Asus P4SD-LA (Oxford) motherboard, Intel Pentium 4 2.80HZ and 2GB memory running XP SP3. I use for office work, internet and some video playback but no gaming.

Posted 02/24/2012 12:00 AM   
[quote name='Paul1701' date='23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1330041614' post='1374108']

[/quote]
Glad you got repaired What was the monitor brand and model # ? Maybe you could help someone else spot a failing monitor.
Msmith
[quote name='Paul1701' date='23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1330041614' post='1374108']

Glad you got repaired What was the monitor brand and model # ? Maybe you could help someone else spot a failing monitor.

Msmith

GR Card 1 MSI N450GTS-MD2GD3 link http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N450GTS-MD2GD3.html
CPU: Intel core2Quad Q8200

Posted 04/21/2012 09:12 PM   
Scroll To Top